American House Senior Living Communities Employee Reviews

Kitchen staff is terrible
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIApril 9, 2019
I do not know where to start about this job. Management will make the job look so perfect during the hiring process .... of course!! The staff is straight out of the ghetto. And they can care less about the people they serve daily. Everyday I had to Cuzz a co worker out because of the lack of love they have for the senior citizens. I had to quite one day. My soul hurt . How does this place stay in Business It’s sad because the family of the senior citizens have no idea that the staff can care less. If u have a soul don’t waste your time at this place .
Pros
Free food.
Cons
5 min breaks only and no such thing as team work . U will be left in the dust
Horrible management, fake people
Server (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 22, 2019
I worked as a server in Plainfield, and it was fine at first but the new manager is unprofessional, and lacks respect of the residents and his employees they treat everyone horribly and they are fake to everyone and talk bad about residents and employees.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, rude to everyone, kitchen is dirty, food is disgusting, doesn’t care about people there
Conclusion
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIMarch 21, 2019
American House Senior Living Communities in Milford MI had very disorganized management.
It was also a lot of physical work with not enough pay to compensate.
The district's director's assumed an expected the best out of us, with no effort to congratulate us or even give the pat on the back good job, we all most definitely deserved!
Pros
The residence and The housekeeping supervisor
Cons
Everything else
Happy in Current Role
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 5, 2019
Overall a good company to work for. In my 20 years of handyman work this maintenance position servicing the residents at American House Senior Living has been the most rewarding. Good pay, good benefits, culture. I plan to retire here.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, People
Cons
Good days and bad days like any job
Very rude arrogant culinary corporate guys
Culinary Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMarch 2, 2019
Tell you they will get back to you and they dont. WASTE OF MY TIME.
this is a not a licensed place so they get away with a lot. Bit of advice ive been in this senior living for 20 years take your loved ones to an licensed facility.
Learn people skills corporate team and E.D!
N/a
Manager & Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Farms, MIFebruary 17, 2019
Varies depending on the department you work in. Corp is out of touch with the inter workings of the communities. Investors have priority with money being the bottom line. In the communities managers and employees really care about their residents.
Nice job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 30, 2019
This was one of my personal favorite job. Meeting the different seniors was a good experience for me, they all made lasting impressions. I would recommend working here.
very terrible executive management poor language from her as well
Thankfully I'm the former Culinary Director (Former Employee) –  American House Grand BlancJanuary 25, 2019
I would not recomend this place to anyone for either employment or for putting their loved ones in there they have no compassion for the residents they talk poorley about them in the office every morning( been to the meetings I know) they don't care what food is served to them as long as nobody bothers the front office about it the food can be burnt or just plain nasty and this is a service these people have to pay EXTRA for and is very poor and the health department needs to be called in there you know they don't have the health department come in and inspect the kitchen or at least not the one in Grand Blanc where food it prepared by untrained unsanitary cooks that cough over the food heck I seen one very unclean and very nasty cook (female I think couldn't tell she looks like a dude with long nails) test pasta out of the pan as it cooked she pulled a piece out ( bare handed) and took a bite then put the rest back in the kettle. Half used items in the walkin for days without proper identification on them or expiration dates. The cooks currently that are there are not even servsafe certified. Worst place I've ever seen. Those poor residents just go down for a visit and ask anyone of them for your self.
Pros
no pros unless coming to work drunk is a pro then they have pro cooks
Cons
only con I can suggest is to avoid this place all together
Very busy work days
Housekeeping/Server (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 22, 2019
No two days are the same, the hardest part of the job is having a resident pass away, most enjoyable is when the residents laugh and seem like they are having a good time
Pros
One free meal
Cons
not enough time for lunch or breaks
good place to work
Dietary Aid/Cook (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 14, 2019
you work as a team.communication is a must.you have to remember what they can eat diabetic or non diabetic.residents are fun and friendly.everyone is assigned a job and rotates on a daily basis.
Building closed
Birmingham - Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Owners were really nice and caring as was management but the building closed .The owners actully had incentives for the workers and they noticed when you put extra effort in. They didn't micro manage and went by the correct chain of command.
Pros
Co workers and residents
Cons
Low pay
Should be shut down
N/A (Former Employee) –  PlaiJanuary 9, 2019
This place is racist and is not a good place to work. Favoritism, yessssss! Can’t trust no one there. I feel you can’t even miss a day without them willing to fire you quick. They are quit to call the police if you show back on property premises even when you voluntarily quit. The place is and will forever be a joke.
Cons
Not a productive place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Only thing i loved about being a housekeeper was interacting with the residents. I miss making the residents laugh, & smile. I miss the coworkers too.
Pros
The residents
what you could expect
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 4, 2019
plan on not planning. One doesn't know if at the end of 8 hours you will be going home. Management is of little or no help as being short staffed is a normal state of being. The residents are wonderful and show more appreciation than those who manage. Working there has to be more than about money and sometimes you are taken advantage of because of your soft heart. You will miss out on family events that is a given. Your co-workers often try to help but they too are tired and over worked
Pros
residents, co-workers and food
Cons
16 hour days are possible
Management is a joke
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIDecember 26, 2018
Management shows favoritism and picks and chooses who to bed nice to and who to be mean to. They don't really care if Residents are taken care of especially on 3rd shift. I would not recommend a job or a living space for a loved 1 at all
Assistant cook
Kitchen Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIDecember 20, 2018
I have worked for American house for three years ( lonnngggg story short) I worked five different buildings as a floater ) not how I was hired in ( I lost benefits) Christmas. Thanksgiving. And so fourth because I wasn’t at one building ) management does absolutely nothing. Hazel park location was the worst place I’ve worked ) I loved alllll of my residents) but management and some employees were horrible ) I’ve gotten harassed many times. ) I quit after three years ) would not recommend American house to anyone ) work or live
Pros
Residents love them
Cons
Everything else / management
Not a nice place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIDecember 19, 2018
This American House will take anything. The building is not clean either. Long time employees get away with anything. Building should be cleaner than what it is. Some of the residents belong in a nursing home and should not be there.
Pros
Residents are friendly
Cons
No insurance for part time people
Great Team!
current employee (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 16, 2018
I love the team on my campus. Every department works together for the best of our residents. Corporate changes have been difficult, and lack of support from higher ups is felt on the campus level. Seems like it's a company that is now growing too big, too fast.
Great family oriented work place
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 4, 2018
Amazing staff to work with. Benefits are very expensive. Rewarding work to be a part of these residents every day lives. Would recommend working here.
nice competetive place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 28, 2018
poor management service , dietary crew is all over the place and overall residents and care aides does what they have to do . the shift leads are competetive .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American House Senior Living Communities. Our community is ready to answer.