American Income Life Employee Reviews

Found 3,044 reviews matching the search See all 3,287 reviews
Compensation pay ONLY - stay away
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 20, 2019
Would not recommend working here, you risk not making any money even though you put in the effort and hours. The job is basically to scam low income families to buy expensive life insurance they don't need. This company care about one thing, and one thing only: making as much money as possible with no moral standards.
Fun work environment but commission based and unreliable income
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2019
the colleagues and managers are very fun and helpful. The clients and members are a joy to visit with. The only con is that it is a commission based salary so if you dont sell an insurance policy you dont get paid. There is potential for profitable career but comes with a lot of sacrifice and instability in income.
Cons
Commission based, considered a private contractor- 1099
Fun and competitive workplace
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2019
Is great company to work for if you are highly competitive and work well under pressure. They really push you to be the best you can be in almost every aspect of your life. Their goal is to hire hard workers and bread millionaires.
Pros
Great bonuses and work environment with advancements
Cons
work hard or dont work at all
Stay away
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CT 06457September 19, 2019
Their sales method is bait and switch. You do sales pitches in people’s homes if they actually let you in the house. So deceptive towards leads and people interviewing. They’ll literally hire anyone who applies cause if you don’t sell anything you don’t get paid. It’s honestly a total shame. 90 percent of people are freaked out that someone they’ve never met before wants to come into their house and sell insurance. Who buys insurance from someone the first day they met them and from a company so unknown
Pros
Everyday is different
September 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're disappointed that our Agent position didn't meet your expectations. This position does require hard work, dedication and persistence in order to succeed and is not for everyone but can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck to you in the future.

withheld important information that would change your decision to work there
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 19, 2019
the company presented a lot of positive things that would entice any one to accept the offer but later after all training and licensing they slowly reveal information that changes the willingness to work in the environment.
September 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our hiring style and we apologize if you felt you were misled. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former agents is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future and thank you for reaching out to us.

Sales isn't for everyone
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2019
Sales aren't for everyone. If you don't want to spend majority of your day driving around in your car, this isn't the job for you. This was a commission position so if you didn't make a sale, you didn't make a check. Some people did well, but the rookies never stuck more than a couple of months. No consistency.
September 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. This position isn't a perfect fit for everyone but can be an incredibly rewarding career experience financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck to you in your future career path.

Not what I thought it would be
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2019
Long hours that you have to be at the office twice a week. Leads were provided ,however, most of them will never answer. If you tell your boss that you are having problems contacting your leads they will tell you that you are not trying hard enough. You are told that you work for yourself but must be at the office twice a week for meetings that were pointless and have to work long hours. This is a commission based job so if you do not sell anything you do not get paid. Which means all your expenses come out of your own pocket.
September 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry our AIL agent position didn't meet your expectations. AIL is always looking for ways to help our agents succeed in their career and feedback from former agents can help us improve their path to success. Thank you for the time you spent contributing to our team's success and we wish you all the best in your next career path.

Great Work Home
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 18, 2019
AIL has a unique work environment that provides Growth and encouragement daily. I couldn’t ask for a better place to work. Work load isn’t easy but the office support helps it feel that way.
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your review of the AIL agent position. We enjoy hearing about our agents' career success and growth and we thank you for your hard work and sacrifice to make that happen. Wishing you continued success in the future.

fun place to work at
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 18, 2019
the people that work there are very nice and friendly. it just takes too much time off your day and if you are a mom it will become difficult to manage it.
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed the opportunity AIL provides but disappointed it wasn't a good match for you long-term. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and our customers. We wish you the best in your future career path.

Company capable of being a successful culture for huge success
Field Producer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2019
The AIL culture as intended is meant to be a fast-track, team-oriented, hard-driving, fun work-culture. However, fostering that culture is very dependent upon leadership and ensuring that culture is driven through the management team. In the scenario with this office, the two leaders of the office (highly successful) seemed to be more concerned/paranoid with what the other regional offices thought/heard about them, and reinforcing the idea amongst the very young and naïve team they had assembled that the PDX office was the most successful even though it wasn't necessarily the case many times. The leadership track, an option after 6 months of success was filled with early 20 something's who'd never held a corporate type job in their life and had no real leadership or training from the Regional Director and his boss as to how to manage field personnel like me who have a quota and also be responsible for a quota themselves. The people I worked with directly were pleasant and we got along great, but they were in no position to be successful being my manager. I would have been more successful as I have so many years with that type of experience. Being notified of my work schedule and what city I'm seeing clients in the night before between 6 and 9pm is not effective and is not how the position is suppose to function.
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry our AIL Agent position didn't meet your expectations. AIL is always looking for ways to help our agents succeed in their career and feedback from former agents can help us improve their path to success. Thank you for the time you spent contributing to our team's success and we wish you all the best in your next career path.

Good Insurance Products Terrible employment opportunity
SUPERVISING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 18, 2019
worked with AIL 2 years zero work life balance. Owners talk about how rich they are in hopes of conditioning new agents to believe they will make tons of money. not true. If you have a family its very hard. they will ask you to sacrifice your family. Training is not great at all.
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
no benefits, commission only, bait and switch to get sales
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled and not given the proper support while on our team. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former agents is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future.

Cut throat industry
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 18, 2019
Can you make money? Yes! But it's not easy. 100% commission. You are a 1099 employee but are treated like they pay you a salary. Mandatory call nights on mondays and thursdays require you to make 120 calls when you hardly ever have over 100 leads....so you call them multiple times. You must also do doorknocks for people you cannot get a hold of. Beware of savvy agents who will take your your sales.

Ma
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're glad you recognize the financial opportunity available but disappointed that our agent position didn't meet your expectations. This position does require hard work and dedication in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck to you in the future.

If you’re a great salesmen then this is for you
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 17, 2019
Like I said, if you’re a good salesmen then this job is for you... if not, RUN. You’re promised this and that. It sounds great in the beginning because of course, they’re great salesmen, then you get in and you’re thinking “what did I get in to.” Might be good for some, not good for most.
September 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. This Agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We appreciate your time with us and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Good work place
Benefit Representative (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 17, 2019
Great place to start a sales career. Just started working so there is not a lot to tell right now I think it could lead to great opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Not a lot of time off
September 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to AIL and our mission of helping provide financial protection to our customers. We wish you a productive and successful future ahead with us!

Worst Job Ever!
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 17, 2019
Your title as “financial adviser” is really insurance salesperson! It’s strictly commission and they don’t tell you about charge backs that will affect your future deals (basically have you working for free). Frat boy workplace culture that would have you looking at these so called leaders with a raised eyebrow. Their Promise of you being financially stable is a trap! If I knew then what I know now, I would’ve ran the other way when they approached me.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Terrible leaders, bad leads, lies by omission
September 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our hiring style and we apologize if you felt you were misled. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former agents is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future.

Excellent
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 17, 2019
Great company to work for. Management team goes above and beyond to help you succeed. Job is commission based. Long hours and a lot to learn but worth it if you make a sale. Owner and Manager care about the person not just the product.
September 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture, residual income, and the opportunity to make a generous living while offering a valuable service to the working families. This career can be tough in the beginning but with a persistent work ethic, it can be extremely rewarding. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.

Productive and fun work environment
Sell's Agent (Current Employee) –  6801 sanger ave suite 111September 16, 2019
It's not an easy job and it's alot of long hours and weekends . And if you dont make a sell for a few weeks your job is on the line and once that happens it's only a matter of a week before they get read of you
Pros
Days dont start tell 11:00 am
Cons
Its hard to make money
September 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. This Agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Pyramid scam
Supervising Agent (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 16, 2019
High turn over rate of employees for good reason. Micromanaging and very critical on everything you do. Much better sales opportunities out their. They only higher people that never have any sales experience because their platform is horrible on comparison.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 16, 2019
Scheduling interviews
Greeting guest
Employee searches
Respond to incoming calls
Listen to and assess the callers’ needs
You must meet the quota for interviews
September 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time at AIL and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Great
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 16, 2019
Great company to work for
What you put in is what you get out of it.
This company has changed my families life. I recommend it to everyone I come in contact with
Pros
Unlimited income
September 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. Providing our Agents with the opportunity to make a generous living while offering valuable financial protection to working families in the community is our goal. As you know, with a strong work ethic and our supportive management this career can be very rewarding. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight