American Income Life
52Below average

American Income Life Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
you need money to start out not a job to do if you are looking for a steady paycheck very unreliable. Very pushy even though you make your own hours. They are very misleading in the ads to get you to the interview and they do the same to clients. Lie your way to get in the door.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
unstable income
March 1, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management hiring, training or management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled in any way. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former team members is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future.
This is perhaps one of the best jobs that I've ever had in regards to support, flexibility and compensation. You get out of it what you invest into it.
March 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture, schedule flexibility, and the opportunity to make a generous living while offering a valuable service to the working families. As you know, this career can extremely rewarding with a persistent work ethic. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.
First and foremost, it's very rewarding to know that what you do for a living truly matters, and will have a significant impact on others, when they need it the most. Secondly, for those with the entrepreneurial spirit, it can be difficult to find an opportunity that allows you to really hit the ground running, without a significant amount of start-up cost; however, American Income Life certainly provides exactly that! That only up-front cost is that for a license to provide the benefits to the members of the organizations (unions, credit unions, and associations) that the company has been working with since 1951. Also, with the residual income that grows from protecting families, you know that not only will your hard work and effort provide a quality income now, but it will continue to pay for a long time into the future. As is true with any career, especially one where you are in business for yourself, it can be difficult to balance work/life initially. With many entrepreneurial opportunities it can takes a long time (1-2 years) before you are making a profit, so you have to invest your time into the career in order to expedite that process. However, with American Income, you have the support and resources of a company that has been in business since 1951, so that allows for anyone, even someone who would be brand new to the industry, to be successful right away. With this career, what you get out of it initially is directly proportionate to what you put in, and I was very excited to be in a position where I was able to dictate my own worth, as opposed to someone deciding - more...
June 28, 2019
Thank you for your insightful review of AIL. We appreciate the incredible leadership you provide our team members. As you know, everyone at AIL is a valued part of the family and our leadership with your help is invested in each individual's success, personal development, and career growth.
This is my longest job and I tend to keep it that way. The work environment is positively surrounded by encouraging people that want you to grow and learn. Anytime when I had a question I got the support and answers I was looking for, you just gotta ask! There is a lot of talking, you get to be a very social person by speaking with clients, coaching your team and sometimes public speaking. There is a lot of flexibility since everyone is 1099 contractors, you can take the time off as needed and dictate your schedule but if you are an unmotivated person not self-driven it can be tough because you don't have someone telling you what you need to be doing at all times. There are lots of promotion opportunities based on results so you can get into management fairly quickly 2-6 months which another place can take up to years.
Pros
Great Teams Environment, Customer Service, Leadership, Support, Leads Provided, Pay, Rewards, Flexible Hours.
Cons
It's all dependent on you.
April 24, 2019
Thank you for your insightful feedback. This Agent position is hard work and does require an individual that is self-motivated and dedicated to our team and customers. But as you know, with that commitment in place, this AIL career can be incredibly rewarding both financially and personally. We’re very happy to have you on our team and appreciate your role in helping us provide financial protection to our customers.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Moves very fast, can burn out very fast as well, make sure that you have good cell phone as you will mostly be calling the entire day, or in someones house talking
February 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your role in our team's continued growth and success during your time at AIL. We’re sorry the Agent position didn't work out for you long-term but we wish you all the best in the future.
The schedule is as flexible as you want and you really can make great money in this job. However don't expect the money to fall into your lap as you have to actually put in the work and stay consistent.
February 19, 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed being a productive member of our AIL team and appreciate that you recognize the financial and personal opportunity we offer our Agents. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and we're sorry it didn’t work out long-term. Best wishes in the future.
Boot camp for people who want a career as an insurance agent (life). If you memorize their script and follow their shady marketing approach, the job pays decently. It's really up to you and your sense of ethics.
Pros
Immediate compensation based 100% on performance
Cons
1. MLM business model 2. Bait-and-switch marketing 3. Far too much office "training" time, which is actually motivational hype
November 1, 2018
We are very sorry to learn of your experience and invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more details so that we can make sure the lines of communication are clear between agent and management.
you started the week with an office day on Monday and Thursday. complete paperwork so you can get paid. I learned to be more organized. The management are very supportive. The culture is very positive. The hardest part was calling leads on the phone and inviting yourself to there homes. The most fun was interacting with the clients and the policy owners.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
the ups and downs of making money and not making money were to extreme. Difficult to pay the bills.
July 12, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your time as a member of our AIL team but disappointed the opportunity didn't work out long-term. We wish you the all the best in your future career path.
a white male and a Hispanic female manager were managing false ethics. The female Hispanic manager was way too greedy. They like you when you act or exude not too smart attitude and they benefited from you, but if you start having yours, they would not like it.
Pros
training
Cons
complicated length for a simple thing
May 14, 2018
Thank you for your review. We try to continually improve our Agent experience and feedback likes yours will help make that possible.
The best way to succeed with this career is to know the products and how to sell them. It is important to maintain a high level of energy. Most importantly, you must be able to produce as the owner of your own business. Typical days in the office are Monday and Thursday.
Benefits
I have gained a lot of management and training experience at AIL. I have assisted 1000+ union members select their permanent benefits. Explained different types of benefits and programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is sitting down with members and meeting new families. The hardest part of the job was working during holiday seasons.
Pros
Flexible, opportunities for advancement