American Income Life
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

American Income Life Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

They sell you the dream and make you feel like like you'll make lots of money very quickly but it is not as easy as it looks. You are told to memorize a script and regurgitate it to ppl with hopes that it will work . The grammar was awful and you end up cold calling ppl from your own personal number. You have to lug around your laptop and basically scare people into buying insurance or you make no money.
Pros
Monetary opportunity is exponential
Cons
cold calls, lots of travel and commission pay
August 29, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. We apologize if you felt you were misled in any way. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former agents is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future.
One of the worst places to work for. The people at AIL, make like theres a lot of money to be made, and plenty of job advancements. The truth is there is not. You will not get trained right at all, the management sucks, non-comunication about training or the handling of customer details, and when I worked there it was 2 months before I ever received my 1st check .
September 23, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Would not recommend. I worked for this company for several months and was given the run-around the entire time. The managers were extremely unorganized.
Pros
None that I saw
Cons
Too many to name
September 6, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience with AIL does not represent our management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. This position isn't a perfect fit for everyone but can be a very rewarding career financially and personally for the right individual. We hope that you have a successful and productive future ahead.
Company is committed to helping Union families receive the benefits the they are entitled to. They care about their employees and are ready, willing, and able to set them up for success.
July 23, 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed the friendly, positive work environment we encourage at AIL. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and we're sorry it didn’t work out long-term. Best wishes to you in the future.
American Income was a Life insurance company that has since closed its doors in Virginia Beach VA. As agents we were given leads that were more than a year old and most of the people did not remember even requesting the information on the life insurance policies we offered. In order to make sales we very often had to travel to the other side of the state and make appointments with people to sell them life insurance. The salary was commission based and very unsteady.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
commission only salary
May 28, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
inspired, hardworking team, supporting each other, always there for you, people who care for each other and clients continuously improving training
April 24, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. As you've seen, AIL strives to provide our Agents with a positive, supportive work environment and the opportunity for continued growth and development. This career can lead to incredible personal and financial success with a strong work ethic. Thank you for being an important part of our team's mission to provide financial protection to families in our community. Best wishes for a successful future!
My 2 years at American Income have changed my life. Before I go further, I will say that this career is not right for everybody. If you are looking for a job where you just ‘get through’ the day or a typical 9-5 job experience, this is most likely not the right fit for you. And that’s fine. This career is a perfect fit for those individuals who arent driven by the traditional corporate job structure - where advancement is largely out of your control, and where you get paid the same as the person in the cubicle next to you who you know does far less work than you. American Income Life provides a structure and proven system of success for self motivated and/or entrepreneurial minded individuals. Those who feel that what they deserve to ‘get out what they put in to’ their career. For myself, it’s been a place where I’ve grown as a professional, a manager, and (pardon the cliche) as a man. American Income Life gave me the opportunity to showcase my abilities, and be equally rewarded for them.
Pros
Advancement Opportunity, Career Control, Great Income
Cons
Not your typical 9-5
April 16, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're benefiting from the opportunity to make a generous income that correlates with the amount of hard work and effort you put in. As you know, this career can be incredibly rewarding both financially and personally with a strong and dedicated work ethic. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.
I am grateful to have found opportunity unlimited with American Income Life Altig Orlovic agency. The opportunity is truly there for people who want it bad enough to succeed. They have the best systems and processes in place ; and they stand behind their mission statement : To protect every child and serve all working people while doing more for others. If you truly believe this in your heart and execute their mission you would succeed and live an enriched life growing while helping people succeed.
Pros
Opportunity unlimited
Cons
Surprise yourself on what you can actually do .
March 7, 2019
Thank you for your insightful feedback and for your years of hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying this opportunity to make a generous living while offering valuable financial protection to working families in the community is our goal. The professional and personal growth that we offer along with the residual income potential makes this a very rewarding career both financially and personally. Best wishes to even more years of success at AIL.
A typical day at work is seeing multiple families and helping them and their children! I honestly have never worked for a company that his given me such aspirations and security. The management staff are extremely helpful and will guide you through every step of the way! Within three months of working with the company I was promoted and recognized for my hard work. Great benefits and the pay is unbelievable! I can finally live happy, comfortably, and secure with my work place!
Pros
Benefits, stock option, pay, travel
March 7, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. Providing our Agents with the opportunity to make a generous living while offering valuable financial protection to working families in the community is our goal. As you know, with a strong work ethic and our supportive management this career can be very rewarding. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.
I have been with the company for almost 3 years now and I do not plan on leaving any time soon. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to manage your time wisely and maintaining a good work/life balance. Typically I work 8-10 hours a day between the office and supporting our members. Management is AMAZING and provides you tools for success. The most enjoyable part of working for AIL is getting to meet with individuals and families to help them prepare for their future and protect their families.
Pros
Great pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
Sacrifices for results
March 5, 2019
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Income Life?
You'll never be bored, always learning and growing... both professionally and on a personal level. You'll learn a lot about team and TIME management, and have the best guidance on how to achieve the best results. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, is being able to reap the rewards of my hard work and dedication in real time... being my own boss, and staying focused on goals & progress, has really not only helped me, but also those around me. I've become passionate about other people's success and well being. This is truly an opportunity, without limits. Team efforts are huge, and in all the jobs or careers I've ever had, I've never seen anything like it. Everyone helps each other and makes each other better and then push harder with friendly and FUN competition...I can't wait to go to work!!
Pros
Positive Environment, promoting growth, and outstanding leadership
Cons
None to speak of
February 28, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and your hard work and dedication to our team and customers. As you know, AIL strives to provide our Agents with a positive work environment and the opportunity for continued growth and development. With a strong work ethic, this career can lead to an abundance of personal and financial success. Thank you for being an integral part of our team's mission to provide financial protection to families in our community. Best wishes to even more success at AIL.
Sold a few policies and was never paid on them, I was told they cancelled. When I spoke with the clients they informed me they hadn't so it came down to trying to find out if the company was lying just not to pay me for them. It just became more of a hassle. All in all wasn't worth it. Would not recommend.
November 13, 2018
We are sorry to learn of your experience with AIL and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more details so that we can investigate this matter.
It sucked. You only earn a paycheck by Commission /sales. Management was not helpful. They pretty much throw you to the wolves. It was the worse mistake to work there.
Pros
It suck
Cons
It sucked
July 24, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry the AIL opportunity didn't meet your expectations and wish you all the best in your future career path.
Money is good when everything goes smoothly. Your experience will vary. Some love it some hate it. But to be honest you'll probably leave. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff they don't inform you of until it hurts you.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
To advance your life takes a hit.
May 21, 2018
Thank you for your review. We're happy to have you on our AIL team and wish you more success in the future.
The company promotes autonomy and any employee serves as an independent contractor. That entails the hiree to be independent and self-motivated. The company furnishes the individual with all resources to accel.
May 14, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time at AIL and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
I would not recommend this company to anyone, You will spend money and it is nothing more than a fancy pyramid scheme. You will spend money and be promised money and leads and get nothing. I was top sales and always ended up having a reason they with held money when my check came.
May 1, 2018
We appreciate your feedback and very sorry the AIL opportunity didn't work out for you. Best of luck in the future.
Fully commission based. If you are cut throat and can be "one of the guys" and don't mind not having a life outside of work then this job is for you. You can make very good money but it will come at a cost to your personal life. Be prepared to put a lot into it before you get enough out of it to make it worth it.
All smoke and mirrors. This company is for suckers. Their schtick in Virginia Beach was ineffective, poorly developed. They should be shut down, their products prey on lower income folks and their off were s are v poor.
Pros
Cons
Poor incentives, deceptive ads, poir products.
Wake up, Meetings, Long hours driving most of the time. Many, many hours spent with multiple appointments, never know when you will get paid. If you didn't sell, you don't make money
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no steady pay check
You invest far more time in to making any money than you will ever be paid for. There are weeks where you make absolutely nothing regardless of how much and how hard you work
At first glance this office is fun and full of great people who promote the idea of success built from team work and mentors. Income is based off of your "work ethic" in combination with a lot of politics, favoritism, devotion of time, gas, money, your life. Simply put if you are not willing to sell your soul to devil and breathe for the company then don't expect to see any sort of paycheck. The walls are paper thin in the office so everyone hear's everything and gossip is practiced at even the highest level of the company. Hiring is their number one focus next to sales, but all hiring managers are "unimportant to the company". No beneficial benefits coupled with an office full of people who are too prideful to admit that only 2 people in the office make more than 40k while the average is closer to 22k. The most enjoyable part of work is when you are still in the dark to all of truth in the office (scandal, risks, greed, and debt).
Pros
bonuses, company trips
Cons
charge backs, inconsistent