American Installations Employee Reviews

Very Unprofessional
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJune 29, 2019
The HR Manager is marrying one of the owners if this doesn't scream unprofessional to you than I guess this is the place for you! The non stop calling gets really repetitive and the incentives for making your calls are awful. Managers love to gossip about the employees to each other so nothing is private here. I had a medical issue and had to lie about it because I didn't want the whole office to know what actually happened. I have NEVER felt so uncomfortable in a job before. There is no confidentiality at all and the managers really do pick favorites and make sure they get promoted. Its really sad because this company could be great. I would never recommend this as a place to work.
Pros
Dogs at the office
Cons
Management is horrible in all areas of this company!
Satisfying and educational workplace
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAMay 1, 2019
Working for American Installations has been an eye opener. It has taught me a lot about a field that I didn't even know existed and working here I do feel fulfilled and happy with my job. I feel there is plenty of advancement opportunity and management is always helpful and willing to listen to suggestions and questions.
Pros
Seperate Desks, Own Computers, Friendly Managers
Cons
Monotone
Mediocre, pays the bills
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAMarch 14, 2019
The job became a "groundhog's day" situation fast. Management judges you solely on data, not for what you know or bring to the team. Long days and long drives. You'll need to be available between 8am-8pm (although most days are ~9 hours); this makes having a life outside of work difficult. Average 30 minutes to an hour of work when you get home each night. On your own for all but 2 hours a week (which can be both a pro and con). The pay is okay, albeit they promise you'll make more than you do. A lot of pressure to generate business and bring in leads which was not advertised upfront. Overall not a terrible experience; got some decent sales training. Could've been better, could've been worse.
Pros
Use of work vehicle, gas paid for, flexible scheduling
Cons
High pressure sales and business generation, made less than led to believe
this company dont treat new employees with respect or dignity management & the some of the crew chief act like bunches littles girls
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MADecember 11, 2018
they act like little girls they dont respect new employees some of the crew act like little girls always crying about people what they not doing etc man grow up
Pros
there is no pro about this company
Cons
they suck as a company
Improper Safety
Insulation Technician (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAOctober 24, 2018
Let me put it to you this way, there is a ton of negative factors when it comes to working with this insulation company but the main & most important one has to be the dust masks. This is what they use to filter out insulation, Asbestos, chemicals, germs, etc. Keep in mind constantly around dead animals & fecal matter in attics & basements. You are constantly breathing these things in, especially when most things worked with “is known to cause cancer.” For me, this was a huge eye opener. Because even if you get a crew cheif position, you possibly make in between 45-55k a year. Is that worth your life?
Pros
High hours in winter
Cons
Low hours in summer
Great Place to Work!
Management (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJuly 27, 2018
American Installations is a great place to work! The owner's are friendly, and make a point to interact with all of their employees to build positive relationships. This is a great company to work for, with huge growth opportunities for employees as long as they are willing to work hard! I would recommend this company for employment to anyone I know!
Pros
Friendly coworkers and environment, benefits, 401K, flexible schedule
Exceeds Expectations
CCR (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJuly 4, 2018
Really great team of people that invest in their employees from the very beginning. Happily intend to remain with the company as it grows. The work environment is inclusive and supportive. The services we provide clients makes you feel good about helping them and the community.
Pros
Team atmosphere; Appreciative of employees; Growing company; Decent benefits; Promote from within
I worked for the contractors
Installer/Framer (Former Employee) –  installerMay 15, 2018
i work with the subcontractors and they had such a high turnover rate it really was if you were in with the guys or not regardless of how you worked i would not go back
Great place to work!
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAMay 13, 2018
Great job if you like working hard and getting paid for it. Everyday is different and never boring. A sales oriented position with lots of benefits for doing well. The staff is a huge part of why this is a great place.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
long hours and lots of paperwork
telemarketing and poor training
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAApril 5, 2018
These owners and managers are very fake. They also have favorites that they do not hide. The trainer was one of the worst trainers I’ve ever encountered and I felt alarmingly under trained for the position I held. They trick you into thinking you’re doing best by the customer, but you’re telemarketing and they buy people’s numbers.
Pros
There is a dog once in a while
Cons
Telemarketing, unreachable appointment goals, favoritism.
Never work here
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAApril 1, 2018
This company is a joke, if you’re looking to do this kind of work go elsewhere. They don’t pay fairly at all, and it’s all about favoritism here. The production manager is clueless, literally doesn’t do anything at all, and treats employees poorly when the owners aren’t around. You need to be a suck up to succeed at this company
Pros
Free pizza like once a year
Cons
Poor management low pay
Best in the Industry!
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAApril 1, 2018
The best trainer/manager in the state! They will teach you to be the best. Great pay potential with commissions, very good benefits with 4% 401k match and paid vacations and blue cross health. Family owners are very positive and hard working. Growing company with lots of talented young employees and lots of opportunities to get now and in the future.
Pros
Company car, high pay potential, great management and training, great ownership
American Installations
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAMarch 30, 2018
I am a client care rep at American Installations. I feel safe and American Installations provides great benefits. The owners are very friendly and hard working, which you do not see in other companies. The hardest part of my job is managing to do so many different things.
Cons
Short lunch break
Horrible
CCR (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAFebruary 22, 2018
They don't care about how much time or how well you work. Its about who they know. They don't Promote fairly. Its all about getting appointments. They don't take nothing into consideration.Management team is horrible. They don't treat everyone with the same respect. They pick and choose who they want to succeed. Its the most unpleasant job to work at ever. I just up and left. This place is a joke.
Pros
Not everyone is bad
Cons
They lie.
Great family owned company!
Management (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Working for AI is great! Great family company that appreciates hard work. If you put in the work they will reward you in return. With a growing company as this, lots of room for advancement if you’re dedicated. Excellent client service which makes you proud to work there.
Pros
Family owned, hard working, young company
Lies, Lies, they Lied
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJanuary 28, 2018
At my interview they told me I would make $80,000 to $100,000 a year. After training my paychecks, my checks were $300 to $400 a week take home. They kept messing my check up and trying to rip me off. You had to watch every penny you make. I worked 12+ hrs a day. Avg $4.00 an hour in the first 3 month of employment!!!!! You do 3 hour audits at 3 homes a day. That doesn't include drive time or any of your breaks. So if you took a break you were looking at 12 hr days with drive time and breaks. Then you had 1 to 3 hrs of computer work you had to complete at home. Then if you tried to shorten your days by getting better, installing things faster, you would get yelled at basically at the morning meetings. They lie to you, to get you in the door and then do a complete 180 and screw you every chance they get. They make you lie to customers to get the sale. Put sales goals that are unattainable unless you're lying about what you install and tweak the system in their favor. But mind you if you get caught doing this, you will be kicked out of the programs and this company would shut down. They want yes men and people that suck up, over people that bring in profit and happy customers. Plus, so so so much more!!!!! So if this is what you are looking for in a company: Long hours, low pay, stressful atmosphere, crazy sales goals, no life other than work, then my friend this is the job for you.
Pros
Company car, some friendly faces, your on your own
Cons
management, pay, the job, the cons outnumber the pros 10 to 1
Horrible Manager
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MADecember 2, 2017
The owners are great but the manager is a child. He knows nothing about the work and sits in the shop all day watching videos on YouTube. The manager insults employees on a daily basis. Pay is lowest in the industry. Would be a great place to work if they paid better and the manager wasn't so unprofessional.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
No breaks, low pay, poor management
New Business
Production Scheduler/Revision Analyst (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 26, 2016
Family business. Very small office with unorganized methods of doing business. Could potentially be a very nice place to work but there is no separation between family and business.
Very Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 24, 2014
Start work at 8:30 am go through mail on computer through out the day. I've learned some new programs along with management and only had one co-worker, two boss's husband and wife and one warehouse person. I think the hardest part of my job was keeping our guys happy with flights and hotels and getting new work up on the board as fast as they would come in for the boss. The part I most enjoyed was looking up flights and booking them,
Pros
able to eat lunch at desk
Cons
working very very late