American Insurance Institute Employee Reviews

Don’t do it!
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FlNovember 7, 2018
I hate to give Aii a bad review but if they’re recruiting for a company, they are a representative of that company.

I got hired for Carefree Direct through Aii. It was $18 an hr so I was grateful for that part but please understand that is Not the most important factor when finding a job. Not even close. As an insurance agent, the job opportunities are of abundance and money is NOT hard to make in this industry. While most are commission only, we all typically come from that background and we’re used to making big bucks but it’s definitely inconsistent. So I was happy when I found a place that offered that type of base. Again, and I stress this, it’s NOT the most important part.

Let’s start with the hiring process. If it wasn’t for me reaching out to them, they would have allowed me to start without completing the drug testing. No big deal but the beginning of what was to be an extremely unorganized process. So I’m in the office and I quit my job to be there. All is well. Except for the fact that they hired 30 new reps in a matter of a couple of weeks and my contracting took over a month to complete. So we’re sitting there twiddling our thumbs. Asked for a script multiple times, still never got one. Asked to phone shadow several times, got to maybe twice during the 5-6 weeks I was there. Asked to role play while waiting for contracting, never got to do it.

Let me be clear. I am a top sales rep and I am top of the board everywhere I go. I say that not to try to brag but to simply say when your employees TALK, you should LISTEN. I clearly expressed my concern with
  more... being there for 6 weeks, the lack of training, and the complete utter lack of support and instead of being met with reciprocation, I was met with a phone call from someone I never even met telling me I was being fired. This was all after waiting 6 weeks (2 of them during AEP ) and my first actual day on the phone. I tried calling my manager at CFD and she completely dodged all my calls and texts.

Here’s my point. If you hire good quality sales people, prepare them for the job. Give them support and they will pay you back in multiples. $18 an hour is great, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not why true sales people wake up everyday. We wake up to put numbers on the board and we can’t do that without proper training and support. It’s a shame but it’s your loss.

Stay away. Not sure how Aii would have been as a recruiter with a different company, but they should be very cautious who they contract with because of quality reps like me being completely wronged leaving these types of reviews. Am I upset? No, I feel like I dodged a bullet with that “call center.” I’m more so disappointed that they wasted my time during AEP. Don’t worry, I’ll find CFD and leave the same review but if they try to offer you a job in Sunrise, FL, RUN unless you want to sit around for weeks on end, not have a voice, and get fired when you try to help them recruit and maintain good quality reps with HONEST feedback. I think they misunderstood my passion for ungrateful ness but truly , I was trying to help them. I’m not negative, never have been. I’m extremely passionate and I can sometimes come off as over-powering. Your loss cause I would have made y’all a lot of money.

BY the way. I’ve been working for 10 years and I’ve had many jobs. Many that I’ve liked and many that I haven’t. Been fired before, but I have NEVER left a bad review for any other company so let that be a clear sign of what a bad taste CFD (and therefore Aii) left in my mouth. Some people may read this and think, “well she’s salty,” but honestly this was just my true experience.
Pros
They tried to seem like they take care of their reps (during AEP, so which company doesn’t?) flexible on scheduling, decent hourly salary
Cons
Lack of support, lack of training, bit off more than they can chew.
Never worked here.
Commercial Lines Processor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 16, 2018
Never worked here, this is the Institution I took classes from. I took class for Underwriting and General Insurance. Some of the questions I cannot answer.
Cons
Supportive managment
Licensed health care agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2018
There are so many companies that deal with health care, especially Medicare. American insurance institute by far is the best. The competitive wage and incentives, they actually reward their employees and always try to let them know they are doing a great job, as well as teach us what we may not know or struggle with. The hiring process was different but a great experience. I am excited to see where I may go with this company, there is so much growth already. The main thing is the support in the staff, it doesn't matter who i speak with, they are always there ready to help, even if they have to get back to me on my questions. It's always timely and always a follow through.
Pros
Management, wage, support, incentives
Great Onboarding Experience
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 16, 2018
I just began working for American Insurance Institute a couple of weeks. I am very satisfied with their support staff and fluid process. I took a Medicare and Sales Personality exam after my initial interview which is different from any company I've previously worked for. It's nice to know that they put so much effort into their recruiting process. It makes me feel like I will be working with like-wise professionals in the Medicare industry.
Stick true to what they say
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 14, 2018
I decided to give this company a chance and I don't regret it one bit. The contracting process takes a few weeks to complete but the culture and support are worth the rate. Pay is above any local competition and incentives are well worth it. I love working with Medicare customers, this company fit perfect for me!
Pros
Competitive pay, great support team
Great up and coming company!
Suport (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 29, 2018
This company has such growth potential! The leadership is made up of some of the greatest minds in the industry. Its going to be a treat to see how far this company can go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Insurance Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4