American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced education
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
Required to make 250 cold calls a day to attract interest in an on line University.
I learned that people from various backgrounds have the same ambitions
Workplace was very fast paced
The hardest part was getting people enrolled
Getting people enrolled
Pros
Work environment
Cons
short breaks
Learned alot on the job and meet people from different backrounds and cultures.
Library/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Learned alot on the job and meet people from different backrounds and cultures. Its alos a fun place to work due to the interactive enviroment. The dunwoody campus location is convinent and easily accessible.
Fun People, Flexible Scheduling
IT Support Center & F.A.T.S. Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
I worked here while attending school here. I had the ability to choose the days I wanted to work, as long as I was there when I said I would be. The system in the Firearms Training Simulation Lab was down very often, but since I knew how to detect and solve the errors, it wasn't really a problem for me.
Its not a bad place to work.
admissions department (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2018
The culture of the company could use some attention. The company I feel does not value its staff as much as they should. There are areas of opportunity that the company needs to work towards.
Goof support staff
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT/CURRICULUM WRITER (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 21, 2018
AmericanIntercontinental university Online has a collaborative support staff and a offers a good work/life balance. The pay scale is a bit behind the industry average.
Fast demanding and growing university
Campus Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with the advisory and watching them grow. I developed a training program that allowed for growth. I was able to promote three advisors to management.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Great coworkers!
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I love my time at AIU. The job can get busy, but isn't overly stressful. The coworkers are wonderful and the work environment is great. The biggest issue is the lack of advancement and the low pay. I was always happy to go to work, but it is not easy to support one's self off of the salary.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Enjoyable work and fast-paced.
Program Chair, General Education (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
The work is collaborative and fast-paced. The student to teacher ratio is healthy and no one works in a vacum. The faculty has governance and they are supported.
Great place to work. The employees are very helpful.
Firearms Simulator Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed what I did at the university and it coincided with my major.
My manager was always there to assist. Great place to work. Employees were helpful.
Pros
I could build my work schedule around my class schedule
Cons
It ended when I graduated
Completed
Business Administration/Finance (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 8, 2018
Completed BA degree, after four years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations. To include general business courses and advanced courses for specific concentrations.
Advertising and Promotions Manager
Customer Service Specialist.
Pros
Completd what I started
Cons

Want to know more about American InterContinental University?

Ask a question
Have Fun while you work
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 29, 2018
Opportunity to run your own business. It is what you make it. off on most weekends. good pay with experience. I would recommend for kids graduating college
A student-centric university with dynamic leaders
Training Solutions Designer (Current Employee) –  Cook County, ILJune 27, 2018
I've worked here for over 10 years in two separate positions. First, I worked as an Admissions Advisor. In that role, I offered information to and answered questions from prospective students. I would also assist them with applying for college and preparing for class.

After that, I worked as an Instructional Designer. In that role, I created and maintained training materials for the university's Admissions department. I was one of a small team of 3 designers. We also coordinated with classroom trainers and performance analysts to identify performance gaps and ways to improve learners' classroom experiences.

I like the Instructional Design position a lot. My supervisor is flexible and knowledgeable. I have the creative freedom to design software, build learning games, write participant workbooks, develop websites, archive job aids, and record / edit audio. These are all things I enjoy doing outside of work, except I get paid to do them for this company. It's like having the creative freedom of a freelancer with the stability of a corporate job.

It's been a good experience so far.
Pros
creative freedom, corporate support, strong leadership, positive work environment, great benefits, good pay
Cons
45 minute commute each way; for-profit educational model
nice
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
This is a nice place to work. The space is maintained well. Faculty are treated well. Management needs some work. Internal opportunities for promotion. Overall a nice place.
benefits
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 30, 2018
Collaborative, supportive educational environment. Faculty are provided with support and encouragement to effectively educate students in an online environment.
Pros
collaborative environment
Cons
hectic schedule
a very good school
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 29, 2018
Hello,

I was just a student at this school and I loved being a student there and learned a lot at this school. I am wanting to be able to gain the experience I need to use towards my degrees. I would love to work and get training while working and I am a good person and love to get to know people and I love to help people that's why I choose to want to be in the Health Care Field.
Pros
great teachers
Cons
the work can be difficult at times
great environment to work at
Consultant Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 29, 2018
my co-workers are extremely polite and excellent to work with. Great environment- the best thing I love about my job is the fact that managers understand the importance of work life balance
Fun and Rewarding
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 28, 2018
A great experience! Lots of training and encouragement. You definitely are encouraged to compete with co workers to get higher numbers but that is the job. There were benefits to getting higher numbers. It was a great working environment with staff that even participated in Halloween costumes and potlucks. I would love to be able to do this again and even more if I could do this as a remote position.
Sale job.
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2018
Basically this is a call center sales jobs. Very unethical practices. They want you to enroll students primarily from poorly educated backgrounds, get them to sign up for a 60,000$ Degree online. The leads are the absolute WORST! They market to students who are only “looking for a job” and expect employees to convert them into students, or convince students who want to do nursing or welding to pursue one of our programs instead. You’re better off just taking on a sales job, at least you’ll get commission.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unrealistic goals, unethical practices
Fellow student
Firearm Training Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
I like working with the fellow students but the director over the lab was unorganized and the equipment was always broke. However students could do heir school work and get paid.
Pros
Paid for doing homework
Cons
Director was unorganized
AIU Employee Review
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2018
Working for AIU is a good opportunity for recent grads and those who are looking to make a little more money as they look for a more long-term, stable career. AIU is numbered/sales driven and if you can't sell a prospective student an education for $60,000 plus, (which it pretty difficult with such high tuition rate), then you may not last too long, especially if you're not a kiss up. But hey, that's just my experience. I haven't been here for a whole year yet, and I'm eagerly and actively seeking new employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American InterContinental University. Our community is ready to answer.