American International College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
trash city
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 20, 2018
Awful working conditions. They treat their employees more like students than the students themselves. An extremely stressful place to work without the benefit of good pay or good benefits.
Typical day
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 16, 2018
Arrive to work at 9 AM. Complete spreadsheets and analysis of students in English courses every Tuesday and Thursday. Tasked with running study hall for Freshman football players.
Busy but fun work experience
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01109March 1, 2018
The job is great work order based relaxed and stress free. Great co-workers and the management is also great. Pay is also great and the vacation days are great
Fantastic place to work, great benefits, and nice friendly people
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Fantastic place to work. Amazing benefits, and nearly everyone there is extremely nice and a pleasure to work with. I happen to work with the one bad apple in the bunch. Don't let this discourage you from applying. AIC is a great place to work. I love the work that I do, appreciate the community around me, and feel mutually appreciated back.
Pros
benefits, free tuition, snow days, on campus health professionals
Overview of American International College
Assistant Professor (tenure track) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 30, 2018
This was a most satisfying job. I operated news, talk and sports coverage. The Chairman Will Hughes gave me my first full-time experience and secured a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor. They provided students with new technologies, studios and opportunities to place hands on prodduction and performance. I* can only dream to get another appointment as resouceful and satisfying as AIC.
Great Work Study position for student athletes
Athletic Trainer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Fun working environment with great staff. Learned how to deal with student athletes when they are in need of help. Also taught me to be more organized and responsible.
Great people to work with and grow
Senior Freshman Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Great opportunity to learn about college admissions. knowledgeable staff and supervisors that offer growth opportunities to those who seek them. Compensation available for individuals looking to complete a Master s degree in Business or Psychology.
horrible school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 2, 2018
This is out of business now but was a horrrible school. All of the things they promise and intended to do, never happen. I regret everyday about wasting my time here and I am still paying for the loan.
N/a
Summer Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 2, 2017
Working at American International college was a fun experience, got the chance to meet students from many backgrounds and i enjoyed guiding them on their first experience on a college campus
School
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 31, 2017
this is my school not a job. I worked as a Resident Advisor for two years while i finished my schooling at American International college.

..........
It's not for everyone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 12, 2017
I'm not sure about other positions but my manager was awful. She did not listen and constantly blamed everyone else for mistakes. She is like this across the board with all employees making working for her unbearable. I had to quit because I was so unhappy.
HR was no help to me what so ever. They are their for upper management only.
Pros
good pay
Cons
HR is horrible
College in transition
Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 6, 2017
Many changes are happening on campus. Some departments are mismanaged. A lot of people are leaving due to poor employee treatment - very ethnocentric management approach.
Office clerk at registrar AIC
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 12, 2017
Being the clerk for the registrars office was my favorite and best job experience yet! The staff is exceptional in work and kindness it felt like I was walking into my second family home every time I clocked in.
Poorly Run Institution
Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
Everybody is not on the same page. Not many people at the institution seem like they want to be there. Little to no funding for the strength and conditioning department.
An Institute of Higher Education
Assistant Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2017
American International College was an exception high level of education. The staff was extremely carrying and giving. AIC continues in reaching out around the world in bring a well balance of education and culture to all its students. AIC is what America is all about...Making Dream come true.
Pros
Wonderful Opened Committed Ground Breaking Outreach CHAMPIONS
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 2, 2017
AIC is a decent job to work for. I have learned a lot in the short period of time I've been there. Great stepping stone into the right career! Thank you AIC.
Great environment and fun place to work
SQL Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work, diversity of students and cultural diversity.
You can take any classes and get your Master Degree in Business after work.
There are many campus clubs and you can get involved in different activities.
The IT staff is very friendly and share their knowledge, very intense training for new software and computer applications.
Pros
Very reasonable lunch for students, staff and academic
very nice place to work
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 17, 2017
This was a part-time job, I was working as a clinical adjunct professor at providence hospital. It was a great working experience, working with the students was challenging but rewarding It gave me the opportunity to teach them basic skills to work in a mental heath environment.
Fun and productive place to work
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield MAJanuary 30, 2017
One of the best place to work.The management is the best. good teamwork. They also offer good hospitality. people work here upto 30 years.
Decent place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Salary is not that high for administrative employees and faculty members. The school has a generous time off policy. Most people stay at the college for an average of 2-5 years.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons