American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com)

American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com) Employee Reviews

Great Experience, Great People
Consumer Loan Officer (Trainee) (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 4, 2019
The interview process was a breeze. I took a few tests to make sure I could answer basic math and english questions. I also got to meet with the Vice President and President of Aimloan who are great individuals. I love the professionalism, structure, and ethics that Aimloan withholds. Very excited to have this career here at Aimloan.
Pros
Ethics, Genuine People, Great Rates
Cons
None that I've found
March 12, 2019

We're glad that the interview process was a positive experience. We look forward to you having a successful career at AimLoan.

Great place to work and make a career
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2019
I have been working at Aimloan for over a year now. I really enjoy it. There are times it can be stressful but I think that happens at any job. I don't think I would have made it here without the supervisor I have. She has been an amazing support system. I honestly can't thank Aimloan enough for taking a chance on me and giving me the experience needed to become a Loan Processor. I had been trying to become a processor for a while but most companies don't want to take a chance on someone without the experience. I hope Aimloan is as happy with me as I am with them. While working here I have been able to advance easily and I have been rewarded in many ways. Aimloan really goes out of there way to show gratitude with fun lunch events and awards. When I say they give out award they give out real awards to top achievers and it's not just a lame certificate. I like being able to work at my own pace and take breaks when I need them. I look forward to seeing my coworkers everyday and most days pass by quickly. If you can't self motivate this isn't the job for you. You are working on your own files and your own tasks.
March 1, 2019

We're glad that you enjoying working and are happy here at AimLoan! Thank you for sharing.

Great culture
Document Retrieval Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Aim loan has a great culture despite the low salary and basic benefits. I loved the team I was a part of and w became very close. I personally needed a company that I could grow in and be paid according to my abilities and skills.
Pros
Free lunches every month
Cons
Low salary
Great Experience
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I like working at aimloan because they are a very ethical and transparent company. They really believe in their core values and actually treat you like an adult. This is a great place to start for entry-level.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast, paid time off
Cons
short lunch break, barely any training, work Saturdays once a month
January 7, 2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to send your feedback regarding your employment with us. We wouldn't be AimLoan without our core values and associates.

This is where you want to be
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Some people read employers reviews and think to themselves that we might be told to write something positive, or these are fake reviews by employees to make the company look good, I can assure you that I am a real human being writing a real review. I’ve been with Aimloan for a month now and if you are thinking about becoming a loan officer or working in mortgage lending, this is the job for you. You will learn every single step of what it takes to qualify someone for a loan, along with all the terminology in the business, but at the end of the day it is up to YOU to put in the effort and learn the material. If you read complaints about people who thought this job was tough or it wasn’t for them, they just didn’t put in the effort it takes. It’s that simple! If being a loan officer, processor or underwriter is a goal of yours, come to Aimloan. You will not find another company that will help you and train you from A-Z like they will, they don’t just throw you out there and hope you sink or swim. It’s truly a great work atmosphere and all they ask is you do your best. Nothing in life is free or easy anyway!
January 7, 2019

Hello and welcome to the AimLoan family. We're extremely happy to have you with us and we want to ensure great success for all of our employees.

Poor place for advancement
Secondary Marketing Associate/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2018
Highly advised not to waste your time with such company. They like to say they care for their employees but it is merely a facade. Was denied more compensation for more work given after being there for two years. The production Supervisor has a hard time communicating therefore you are stuck figuring everything out on your own. While there I had to personally implement training classes due to new hires being thrown to work with little to no training. This is a teach yourself type of employment and you are not regarded as an individual but rather a device used to gain profit. Voicing your opinion to either the President, VP or Supervisor is not recommended as such can turn you on their bad side and is a potential for being fired as many have been for simply getting on the managers bad side. If you are not on their good side your job is in jeopardy so please beware. Do not apply if you want proper compensation and advancement.
Pros
Co-workers are great.
Cons
No perks. Short breaks. Poor compensation.
They play favorites big time!
Loan Officer assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
Unless you are the VPs good side your job is not secure. If you don’t work as a processor she also does not like you. She also pratIcally runs the company even though the president is there all the time. They want you to take on more work with no pay raise. Wouldn’t recommend for anyone. Also they aren’t a very multi racial company.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Under paid, favoritism, not very multi racial
December 14, 2018

It was unfortunate that our cores value did not agree with yours and you felt that others were favored. We pride ourselves on being a diversified multi-culture company and believe we are. We hope that you find the right company and are happy.

Full of oportunities
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2018
Aimloan is by far one of my top picks of favorite jobs. I am currently a loan processor and my day is a busy one with calls and emails but I love that I feel supported at all times by my peers and Team lead. You are constantly learning and growing, I have never felt stuck or unchallenged. The hardest part about my job is not the company or the environment, it's the customers but even in this case I feel the management cares about their employees and have our backs they definitely care about how we are treated.
Pros
compensation based on your performance, rewarded with free lunch, team environment, always have a friend to turn too.
Cons
can't think of any
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and we show our appreciation toward all of our team members by assisting them in any way we can.

Amazing Company to Work For!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
I love working at AIMloan. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. Management and the Team Leaders really go out of their way to make sure the employees are receiving the support they need. By far the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Training, Family Atmosphere
Cons
No Cons To Report
September 28, 2018

We appreciate your generous feedback and thank you for being part of the team.

A laid back, fun environment to work in.
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have really enjoyed working with AimLoan thus far. I have learned so much about the home mortgage and loan industry and I love to be challenged. The culture is very team orientated and I feel extremely appreciated for the work that I am able to contribute on a daily basis. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be attempting to multi-task. There are some days that are much busier than others and there tends to be a lot more that needs to get done on those days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people. I enjoy coming to work and doing what I need to do and feel like there are people putting in just as much work as I am.
Pros
Pay, benefits, team culture
Cons
haven't come across any
September 28, 2018

Thank you for your generous review and welcome to the AimLoan family.

Lack of Professionalism
Doc Drawer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Not the nicest supervisors. In order to make good money, you should work a lot of OT including weekends. The office is cramped. The CEO is very polite, professional and genuine.
September 28, 2018

We're sorry you didn't have the best experience here with us. We understand that the industry isn't for everyone, but we send our best wishes in your career path.

stressful, horrible work life balance
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2018
It was great for growth opportunities if you want some experience in a business environment, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend working here long term. The work life balance was non-existent. It was so stressful that I found myself depressed when I got home and just thinking about angry customers I had that day. The CEO seems great though. Communication can be greatly improved among management though in terms of resolving employee issues.
Great place to work!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
This is a great company to work at. Everyone here is very helpful and very friendly. Upper Management is very friendly and takes the time to get to know you and your family. They make everyone here feel welcome and are always looking at ways to advance your career. They care for their employees and their happiness and that is very important to me. I have been here just over a year and it has been one of the best companies that I have worked for.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Free lunches for various holidays, Friendly, Career Advancement
Cons
None yet
Great place to work if you are just starting out in the industry
Mortgage Loan Processor (Temporary Position) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2017
Aim Loan hires people that do not have previous mortgage experience and trains them. Great employment opportunities and great benefits after the first sixty days of employment.
No longer in business
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2017
This company is no longer in business but I was employed as a mortgage underwriter. The company was very busy and a lot of perks were provided. I enjoyed working at this company.
Amazing environment to thrive in!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2017
Its a great environment to work in. Its a fast paced job that requires hard work. If you enjoy helping people, great benefits, great work life balance, great pay, and a chance to thrive and grow with a company, this is the place for you. Co-workers are always willing to help and everyone wants each other to succeed.
Pros
Great pay, great work/life balance, amazing workplace.
Cons
None honestly!
Great Company To Work For!
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2017
I love working at AimLoan! All the associates are so kind and are always willing to help! The VP's and President of the company truly care for all the employees and notice the hard work you put in. I love how they gave me the opportunity to work for them without any mortgage experience and how they promote from within! I have learned so much in just 5 months and cant wait to continue to grow with the company!
Pros
great team environment, potlucks, events, etc.
Cons
Great place to work and friendly people to work with
Vendor Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
I've been here a little over a month now and I've loved coming to work every day. Everyone is so nice and helpful and Its so nice working in a comfortable environment. Aimloan provides you with a career not just a job. I'm excited for all the opportunities I'll get working for this great company.
Pros
Good hours, friendly faces, potlucks and involvement in the community.
Cons
Nice people but terrible PTO system and stressful work environment
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Speaking only for loan processors, you have to deal with a lot of stuff. Basically every question or issue is expected to be resolved by the loan processor. But, if you don't mind customer service and love working overtime, all the time, this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice CEO, great 401K plan, quick advancement
Cons
QUICK turn around time, bad PTO system, they expect a lot of overtime
Need Better Training
Loan Processor Full Time (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108July 30, 2017
I tried to express to management the training needs to be better and they would not provide better training. If they would listen to employees and give you an option to move up that would help. Also, my team lead was very caddy and rude. She would often gossip and make fun of members on her team and talk badly about them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com). Our community is ready to answer.

4.2