American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com) Employee Reviews for Loan Officer

Great Experience, Great People
Consumer Loan Officer (Trainee) (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 4, 2019
The interview process was a breeze. I took a few tests to make sure I could answer basic math and english questions. I also got to meet with the Vice President and President of Aimloan who are great individuals. I love the professionalism, structure, and ethics that Aimloan withholds. Very excited to have this career here at Aimloan.
Pros
Ethics, Genuine People, Great Rates
Cons
None that I've found
March 12, 2019

We're glad that the interview process was a positive experience. We look forward to you having a successful career at AimLoan.

This is where you want to be
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Some people read employers reviews and think to themselves that we might be told to write something positive, or these are fake reviews by employees to make the company look good, I can assure you that I am a real human being writing a real review. I’ve been with Aimloan for a month now and if you are thinking about becoming a loan officer or working in mortgage lending, this is the job for you. You will learn every single step of what it takes to qualify someone for a loan, along with all the terminology in the business, but at the end of the day it is up to YOU to put in the effort and learn the material. If you read complaints about people who thought this job was tough or it wasn’t for them, they just didn’t put in the effort it takes. It’s that simple! If being a loan officer, processor or underwriter is a goal of yours, come to Aimloan. You will not find another company that will help you and train you from A-Z like they will, they don’t just throw you out there and hope you sink or swim. It’s truly a great work atmosphere and all they ask is you do your best. Nothing in life is free or easy anyway!
January 7, 2019

Hello and welcome to the AimLoan family. We're extremely happy to have you with us and we want to ensure great success for all of our employees.

They play favorites big time!
Loan Officer assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
Unless you are the VPs good side your job is not secure. If you don’t work as a processor she also does not like you. She also pratIcally runs the company even though the president is there all the time. They want you to take on more work with no pay raise. Wouldn’t recommend for anyone. Also they aren’t a very multi racial company.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Under paid, favoritism, not very multi racial
December 14, 2018

It was unfortunate that our cores value did not agree with yours and you felt that others were favored. We pride ourselves on being a diversified multi-culture company and believe we are. We hope that you find the right company and are happy.

A laid back, fun environment to work in.
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have really enjoyed working with AimLoan thus far. I have learned so much about the home mortgage and loan industry and I love to be challenged. The culture is very team orientated and I feel extremely appreciated for the work that I am able to contribute on a daily basis. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be attempting to multi-task. There are some days that are much busier than others and there tends to be a lot more that needs to get done on those days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people. I enjoy coming to work and doing what I need to do and feel like there are people putting in just as much work as I am.
Pros
Pay, benefits, team culture
Cons
haven't come across any
September 28, 2018

Thank you for your generous review and welcome to the AimLoan family.

Interview Experience
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I have not started working at Aim Loan yet, but I just accepted a position and I already cannot wait to start. The interview process began with tests that you had to take and a brief resume over look. Once I was called back for the second interview, I felt like I was in a very positive and welcoming environment. They really focused on getting to know you as a person first before asking questions about the position. I was told how Aim Loan works and what they do as a company to continue their ongoing success. One of the questions I was asked was what I thought would make me a good fit for their company and how I could relate to their core values. In addition to the questions, I was given detailed descriptions about what the position options were within their company as well as what the day to day job would consist of. This was a lot of information but it was very informative. From this it was really made clear to me what it took to be successful at their company. I felt like they provided me with every detail about the job so I knew exactly what I would be doing and nothing would be unexpected. Also, the reassurance about their in depth training made me excited to get started. After interviewing with them and learning a lot about what their company does made me one hundred percent positive that this would be a company I would want to work for.
Pros
Great Company and lots of room for growth!
Eithical and Hard Workng
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAJune 29, 2015
A Typical Day of work is following up on inquiries usually 30 to 50 calls a day, providing customers with rates and fess on loan products best suited for their needs. Filling out applications. Return all questions on email for agents, processors and borrowers. Follow up with processing to assure the review is on time.
I have learned so much about Investor Guidelines and how they differ in addition to different state laws.
Aimloan.com has some of the hardest working, ethical individuals I have worked with in this industry.
Our CEO is hands on and works to keep ethical standards on a regular basis. They donate $20 of every loan to charity each quarter and allow the employees to provide sources they feel would be good charity programs to work with.
Great teamwork and good kind people that work together to do their best daily.
Pros
Hard Working
Cons
Long Hours and not enough employees to cover work load