American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com) Employee Reviews for Loan Processor

Full of oportunities
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2018
Aimloan is by far one of my top picks of favorite jobs. I am currently a loan processor and my day is a busy one with calls and emails but I love that I feel supported at all times by my peers and Team lead. You are constantly learning and growing, I have never felt stuck or unchallenged. The hardest part about my job is not the company or the environment, it's the customers but even in this case I feel the management cares about their employees and have our backs they definitely care about how we are treated.
Pros
compensation based on your performance, rewarded with free lunch, team environment, always have a friend to turn too.
Cons
can't think of any
Official response from American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com)
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and we show our appreciation toward all of our team members by assisting them in any way we can.

Amazing Company to Work For!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
I love working at AIMloan. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. Management and the Team Leaders really go out of their way to make sure the employees are receiving the support they need. By far the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Training, Family Atmosphere
Cons
No Cons To Report
Official response from American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com)
September 28, 2018

We appreciate your generous feedback and thank you for being part of the team.

stressful, horrible work life balance
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2018
It was great for growth opportunities if you want some experience in a business environment, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend working here long term. The work life balance was non-existent. It was so stressful that I found myself depressed when I got home and just thinking about angry customers I had that day. The CEO seems great though. Communication can be greatly improved among management though in terms of resolving employee issues.
Great place to work!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
This is a great company to work at. Everyone here is very helpful and very friendly. Upper Management is very friendly and takes the time to get to know you and your family. They make everyone here feel welcome and are always looking at ways to advance your career. They care for their employees and their happiness and that is very important to me. I have been here just over a year and it has been one of the best companies that I have worked for.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Free lunches for various holidays, Friendly, Career Advancement
Cons
None yet
Great place to work if you are just starting out in the industry
Mortgage Loan Processor (Temporary Position) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2017
Aim Loan hires people that do not have previous mortgage experience and trains them. Great employment opportunities and great benefits after the first sixty days of employment.
Amazing environment to thrive in!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2017
Its a great environment to work in. Its a fast paced job that requires hard work. If you enjoy helping people, great benefits, great work life balance, great pay, and a chance to thrive and grow with a company, this is the place for you. Co-workers are always willing to help and everyone wants each other to succeed.
Pros
Great pay, great work/life balance, amazing workplace.
Cons
None honestly!
Nice people but terrible PTO system and stressful work environment
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Speaking only for loan processors, you have to deal with a lot of stuff. Basically every question or issue is expected to be resolved by the loan processor. But, if you don't mind customer service and love working overtime, all the time, this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice CEO, great 401K plan, quick advancement
Cons
QUICK turn around time, bad PTO system, they expect a lot of overtime
Need Better Training
Loan Processor Full Time (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108July 30, 2017
I tried to express to management the training needs to be better and they would not provide better training. If they would listen to employees and give you an option to move up that would help. Also, my team lead was very caddy and rude. She would often gossip and make fun of members on her team and talk badly about them.
Beware
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
If you are the kind of person that never wants to improve current process and you enjoy struggling to learn and succeed on your own with no direction from your leadership team, then this is the place for you. There is no formalized training, there are no sales goals or standards and there is no support from management.
Pros
The staff are good people to work with and will help as best they can.
Cons
The so called "leadership team" are completely unprofessional and unapproachable.
friendly place
loan processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2017
I'm excited to be working for AIM and looking forward to what this career move can bring for me and the company. I look forward to continue to progress and challenge myself with this new adventure.
Pros
endless coffee and meds ;-)
Cons
no cons for me right now
A Company with a heart
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2017
While businesses do have to make money, and many decisions are made with the bottom line in mind, Vince runs his business like I would like to run my own. He truly cares about his employees and customers; and often comes down to wish a happy/safe weekend before he leaves.
Great place to grow with and advance quickly!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
I started in July and wanted to wait at least a month to give a realistic review. I can say I am happy to work here!

Typical Day at Work:
Start at 8:30 off at 5pm. Love the fact that your free to take your lunch whenever you please (of course within 5 hours of your beginning shift) but its not like a set time you have to abide by. Its the same with the breaks. Take them as you please.

What I have learned:
A TON! I came from banking but nothing to do with mortgages. I LOVE the fact that though I had no experience in this industry they are willing to give people a chance to be employed and teach us along the way!

Management:
VERY SUPPORTING! You can ask a million questions and they are ALWAYS happily willing to help walk you through whatever it is. This is especially helpful when you don't have background knowledge of the mortgage industry so I am thankful for their genuine support.

Co-Workers:
Focused: Get the job done but are very down to earth at the same time.

Hardest Part of the Job:
Getting used to all the steps to be done and the different systems. Which as with anything becomes easier over time. But again thanks to the great management, questions and getting assistance with anything is highly encouraged.

Most Enjoyable part of the Job:
The freedom, the opportunities to grow, the company's culture overall is just great. Many events and activities to get involved with. Just had a company picnic with Phil's BBQ catered which I thought was pretty cool.
Cons
Training manual are a bit outdated
Interview
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2016
I appreciated their quick response. They are very knowledgeable. Can read people well. I liked that they gave several short assessment tests. It gives you an idea of what kind of candidates they are looking for.
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 1, 2016
I had no experience in the mortgage industry when I started. If you are willing to work hard and really learn, and ask questions when you need to this would be a great place to apply. They really make sure to give you the training to help you succeed. If you have questions you can always find an answer from someone in the office. You actually see Vince quite often too, which is not something I'm used to. At my previous job I would only see upper management during inspections and what not. Working here is truly a team effort from all the departments. I am so glad I was given the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Weekends off (as long as you don't need toc ome in to finish anything up on Saturday), perfect office hours, great location, team environment
Aimloan
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2016
Aimloan is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Their focus on growing and advancing employees from within is beyond incredible. The atmosphere is definitely family like.
Great company to start in the mortgage industry!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2016
This is a great company to learn and grow within the mortgage industry. Something great that stood out to me is how detailed their training manuals are- previous companies I've worked for hardly had written procedures, so this is a big plus for me. Management values your suggestions for improvement, which is great as well. There are good opportunities for advancement at Aimloan.
Was a pleasure
Loan Processor Duties (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2015
Process loan applications submitted by clients over the Internet (mortgage refinances). The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got to help people throughout the U.S. make their dreams come true.
Pros
Catered Lunches
Great Management and Helpful Co-workers
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 25, 2015
AIMLOAN is a great place to work if you are starting out in the mortgage industry and willing to work hard. The base pay is decent and as your skills advance you have the ability to make even more money. Management actually wants to see you succeed and is willing to help as much as possible, it is nice to see them coming in early and staying late as well, leading by example. The President and VP are very visible and encourage input and recommendations, a very nice change from my previous jobs! Coworkers are also very helpful for the most part which makes coming to work pleasant.
Pros
Good training, managers that are helpful, lots of resources, location, ability to increase pay and advance
Cons
not many healthcare options to choose, not many paid holidays, no vision insurance
Great company with strong values
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2015
If you enjoy challenge in your day-to-day life, this is a great company to work for. This industry is constantly changing so it's not for everyone, but if you can keep up it is very rewarding. I really enjoy that this company has such strong core values and wants to maintain their honesty in business while growing into a larger company. The satisfaction you get from helping people buy new homes is difficult to find in many jobs and I'm thankful I fell into this opportunity! The training is a little lacking, however they are always looking for ways to improve so associates can always provide continuous improvement ideas to improve the company!
Pros
Catered lunches often!
Great place to work for first time and long term reps
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be to control my pipeline of about 50-70 pre approved mortgage loans. I learned so much at this job regarding mortgage loans as our daily duties were pretty repetitive besides the information we needed to collect from the borrowers (Bank statements, HOA, appointing appraisals,day to day interaction with the title companies, insurance comps, as well as credit info directly from our credit bureauscorrecting adding and removing figures from our systems )conduct the full underwriting process to be approved for the loan/loans. Sallie Mae Freddie mac fha loans, My coworkers were always helpful and full of energy we had a great working environment as most of our office would always be to work early or staying later. Just to keep up with our constant flow of our pipelines.
Pros
free lunch every day fruits and drinks always available
Cons
Health Plans were too expensive, found myself at work more than at home although I was just a processor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com). Our community is ready to answer.

4.2