American Internet Mortgage (AimLoan.com) Pay & Benefits reviews

Great culture
Document Retrieval Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Aim loan has a great culture despite the low salary and basic benefits. I loved the team I was a part of and w became very close. I personally needed a company that I could grow in and be paid according to my abilities and skills.
Pros
Free lunches every month
Cons
Low salary
Great Experience
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I like working at aimloan because they are a very ethical and transparent company. They really believe in their core values and actually treat you like an adult. This is a great place to start for entry-level.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast, paid time off
Cons
short lunch break, barely any training, work Saturdays once a month
January 7, 2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to send your feedback regarding your employment with us. We wouldn't be AimLoan without our core values and associates.

Poor place for advancement
Secondary Marketing Associate/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2018
Highly advised not to waste your time with such company. They like to say they care for their employees but it is merely a facade. Was denied more compensation for more work given after being there for two years. The production Supervisor has a hard time communicating therefore you are stuck figuring everything out on your own. While there I had to personally implement training classes due to new hires being thrown to work with little to no training. This is a teach yourself type of employment and you are not regarded as an individual but rather a device used to gain profit. Voicing your opinion to either the President, VP or Supervisor is not recommended as such can turn you on their bad side and is a potential for being fired as many have been for simply getting on the managers bad side. If you are not on their good side your job is in jeopardy so please beware. Do not apply if you want proper compensation and advancement.
Pros
Co-workers are great.
Cons
No perks. Short breaks. Poor compensation.
They play favorites big time!
Loan Officer assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
Unless you are the VPs good side your job is not secure. If you don’t work as a processor she also does not like you. She also pratIcally runs the company even though the president is there all the time. They want you to take on more work with no pay raise. Wouldn’t recommend for anyone. Also they aren’t a very multi racial company.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Under paid, favoritism, not very multi racial
December 14, 2018

It was unfortunate that our cores value did not agree with yours and you felt that others were favored. We pride ourselves on being a diversified multi-culture company and believe we are. We hope that you find the right company and are happy.

Full of oportunities
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2018
Aimloan is by far one of my top picks of favorite jobs. I am currently a loan processor and my day is a busy one with calls and emails but I love that I feel supported at all times by my peers and Team lead. You are constantly learning and growing, I have never felt stuck or unchallenged. The hardest part about my job is not the company or the environment, it's the customers but even in this case I feel the management cares about their employees and have our backs they definitely care about how we are treated.
Pros
compensation based on your performance, rewarded with free lunch, team environment, always have a friend to turn too.
Cons
can't think of any
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and we show our appreciation toward all of our team members by assisting them in any way we can.

Amazing Company to Work For!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
I love working at AIMloan. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. Management and the Team Leaders really go out of their way to make sure the employees are receiving the support they need. By far the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Training, Family Atmosphere
Cons
No Cons To Report
September 28, 2018

We appreciate your generous feedback and thank you for being part of the team.

A laid back, fun environment to work in.
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have really enjoyed working with AimLoan thus far. I have learned so much about the home mortgage and loan industry and I love to be challenged. The culture is very team orientated and I feel extremely appreciated for the work that I am able to contribute on a daily basis. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be attempting to multi-task. There are some days that are much busier than others and there tends to be a lot more that needs to get done on those days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people. I enjoy coming to work and doing what I need to do and feel like there are people putting in just as much work as I am.
Pros
Pay, benefits, team culture
Cons
haven't come across any
September 28, 2018

Thank you for your generous review and welcome to the AimLoan family.

Great place to work!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
This is a great company to work at. Everyone here is very helpful and very friendly. Upper Management is very friendly and takes the time to get to know you and your family. They make everyone here feel welcome and are always looking at ways to advance your career. They care for their employees and their happiness and that is very important to me. I have been here just over a year and it has been one of the best companies that I have worked for.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Free lunches for various holidays, Friendly, Career Advancement
Cons
None yet
Great place to work if you are just starting out in the industry
Mortgage Loan Processor (Temporary Position) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2017
Aim Loan hires people that do not have previous mortgage experience and trains them. Great employment opportunities and great benefits after the first sixty days of employment.
Amazing environment to thrive in!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2017
Its a great environment to work in. Its a fast paced job that requires hard work. If you enjoy helping people, great benefits, great work life balance, great pay, and a chance to thrive and grow with a company, this is the place for you. Co-workers are always willing to help and everyone wants each other to succeed.
Pros
Great pay, great work/life balance, amazing workplace.
Cons
None honestly!
Nice people but terrible PTO system and stressful work environment
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Speaking only for loan processors, you have to deal with a lot of stuff. Basically every question or issue is expected to be resolved by the loan processor. But, if you don't mind customer service and love working overtime, all the time, this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice CEO, great 401K plan, quick advancement
Cons
QUICK turn around time, bad PTO system, they expect a lot of overtime
Awesome Company to Work For
Accounting Dept (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
Management actively practices core values of integrity, teamwork, communication, service and continuous improvement. Great benefits. Centrally located. Many opportunities for career advancement.
Great workplace!
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2017
I did not have any mortgage experience when I started at AIM, but it didn’t matter. From my first week of employment I could tell this company treasures its associates. There is something to be said about a company whose president conducts Mortgage 101 training himself. He and the rest of the management team genuinely get to know the employees and seek feedback to improve the work environment. Over the years I have seen many changes implemented simply because the associates voted for it.

I look forward to coming to work because the people are kind and share the same core values. The work can be challenging, fast-paced, and expectations are high. However, that shouldn’t discourage anyone. There are many resources available to find the answer including training materials and experienced teammates. I am also not micromanaged and get to work independently.

Compensation and benefits are excellent. Every time I’ve expressed my desire to advance my career, I’ve been given the tools and support to take that next step. I struggle to imagine another workplace that is as rewarding. The bottom line is if you are willing to work OT when needed and take charge of your success you will enjoy working here.
Happy Employee
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
Overall, I am so happy to be employed by Aim Loan. Everyone is helpful and nice. I do not have any experience in this field of work, so the first 2 weeks were a little stressful. There was a lot to learn and I am still learning every day. I see a future with the company. There are so many opportunities for growth. I love the set schedule and weekends off! Benefits are great and so is the pay.
Pros
consistent schedule, great pay, room for growth, friendly people, no experience necessary, company will train
Cons
a lot of information to take in and learn (especially for someone without experience in the field)
Great Company to Work With
Vendor Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2016
I had no background in the mortgage world and I was given an opportunity to join a great team, I was ready and excited. Once i started working it was a bit overwhelming and its a constant non stop work environment, which is a great thing for those who enjoy a fast paced work place. Starting from the bottom and working my way up pretty quickly which hard work and determination pays off. Looking at the many job to making this a career path chart has me interested in becoming a Loan Officer, which will take some work but I am very excited this company gives you that opportunity to work your way up to where the best fit works for you,
Pros
Great Benefits, Free lunches, Great coffee, Great community involvement.
Working at Aim
Document Retrieval (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2016
I love working for Aim. I didn't have any mortgage experience before working here, but you definitely have a lot of help getting your foot in the door and learning all the ins and outs of the business. Management and coworkers are always willing to help if you need it and it was easy to start feeling like I was part of the team. I have met some amazing people working here which definitely makes any job better. You do have to put in some overtime but that has never been an issue for me.
Pros
Great work environment, Weekends off, Benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Great Management and Helpful Co-workers
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 25, 2015
AIMLOAN is a great place to work if you are starting out in the mortgage industry and willing to work hard. The base pay is decent and as your skills advance you have the ability to make even more money. Management actually wants to see you succeed and is willing to help as much as possible, it is nice to see them coming in early and staying late as well, leading by example. The President and VP are very visible and encourage input and recommendations, a very nice change from my previous jobs! Coworkers are also very helpful for the most part which makes coming to work pleasant.
Pros
Good training, managers that are helpful, lots of resources, location, ability to increase pay and advance
Cons
not many healthcare options to choose, not many paid holidays, no vision insurance