AMERICAN LASER CENTER Employee Reviews

Manager
Sales/Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Not the nest company, they wanted you to work long days and long hours. Hard to balance family and work life. Could have used more help and an assistant as well.
great discounts
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 21, 2019
received great discounts on medical procedures and treatments
discounts on skin care
great training in the medical aesthetic field
fast paced medical practice
cut throat
great pay
Pros
great pay and free treatments
Cons
really long hours worked 6 days week and over 55 hrs a week
Provided laser treatments
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 1, 2018
I was the office manager and I ran the office by myself. It was my job to encourage people to get laser hair removal packages. It was very stressful because you had to meet sales goals.
Esthetician for Medical Spa
Esthetician/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILOctober 18, 2018
I worked at American Laser mainly doing laser hair removal and bodt treatments such as Velashape. I liked my job, I was very busy all the days I worked. Unfortunately this location closed down.
Pros
Great pay, good staff to work with and clients.
Cons
Business closed down
Laser Hair Removal
Registered Nurse / Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 13, 2018
Administered laser hair removal treatments using Amerilight and Amerilase lasers. Performed photofacial treatments using intense pulse light. Provided relaxing microdermabrasion treatments. Sold and marketed a complete line of skin care products including a medical grade sunscreen
Pros
Experience
Cons
Does not use the best laser equipment available
Horrible Hours
Sales/Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 30, 2018
This place went bankrupt, and reorganized as American Laser Skincare. The "new company" only operates inside of actual medical facilities, and doctors offices. All other locations were closed. (Around 200 closed locations.)
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benifits
Cons
No work life balance, long hours, no weekends off, negative culture
laser mill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 4, 2017
This was a true laser mill. They crammed as many patients as possible in every minute of the day to stretch far beyond the clinic hours of operation & throughout lunch & any other breaks. I wouldn't even get to use the bathroom until I was done for the day. I would always find that I was left alone to lock up& clean the clinic late every night. The rate at which services were offered made it an unsanitary environment with their key focus being on high pressure sales & speed.
Pros
decent pay. tons of hours
Cons
All quantity- no quality
No longer in business
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 17, 2017
There isn't much to write about as they went out of business many years ago; so writing a review would be considered a waste of time for everyone involved.
Pros
Free treatments
Cons
No work-life balance for management.
Decent Workplace with Above Average Pay
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PA Robinson Township, PA, Oakmont, PAFebruary 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working there as a laser technician. The lasers were very interesting, and the clients were fun. They paid well, and the hours were reasonable.

I didn't like the management positions as well, because the sales goals were very high. I thought it was unrealistic to expect the same sales goals for an area like Pittsburgh as for an area like Miami Beach. Believe me, hair removal is a bigger business in Miami Beach than in Pittsburgh.
Pros
Free Laser Treatments when you were off the clock
Cons
Company got in legal difficulty over sales practices
Working there was great. I loved learning a new trade.
Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  LubbockAugust 14, 2015
Working there was great. I loved learning a new trade. They are willing to train you even if you have no experience with doing laser treatments. I prefer not to have a job with a sales quota but you do get a base pay. Depending on how much you sell your base pay goes up from there.
Pros
Willing to hire you without experience.
Cons
Sales Quota
Great experience to have while it lasted
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2015
This was a challenging and productive company to work for where I gained excellent clinic management skills. I intended to stay with this company and looked forward to growing in management ranks.
The organization abruptly shut it's 134 doors without notice to employees or patients.
Productive and fun place to work.
Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2014
A typical work day consisted of laser hair removal, laser skin treatments, microdermabrasions, analysis and treatment of skin.

Working for American Laser Center, gave me knowledge of skin care and treatment.

The management and my co- workers were excellent to be around and made work fun.
Sales, sales and more sales
Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 4, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn new treatments and get my foot in the door but it wasn't what I expected. I had taken the position because I love what I do but the company only cared about sales. I do understand the importance of sales but I also believe in a balance that includes great customer service. After all, who's going to buy anything if the customer service and management is awful?
Experience
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 14, 2014
Working at American Laser Center was an interesting experience. I had an opportunity to work with the trade I studied and enjoy. in Working with people is a highlight in my life and something I enjoy thoroughly. I had many interesting co workers from all different walks of life who offered me different sources of work ethics.
Pros
well cultured and diverse
Cons
short lived experiences
Loved working and growing professionally
Assistant Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed learning new avenues of my profession and building a strong team.
Pros
Building, learning and growing professionally
Cons
Commute
not a good place to work for a person with a sensitive bad back
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2013
Lonely environment. Often the only employee in the office.
Pros
Non Stressful Job
Cons
Not easy to be in those positions all day if you have a bad back
Challenging Job
Assistant Manager/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 22, 2012
Working at American Laser Center has been a good experience for me starting there at a young age. I had various amounts of responsibilites to perform and loved always having a challenge to meet my sales goals. There was room for advancements and benefits were great. The hardest part of the job was working for the company itself, they did not care about employees in ways of working over-time and not paying you for it. They were more concerned about making a sale even if it did not benefit the customer.
Esthetician - Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 9, 2012
I worked for this company for over 4 years and I was promised a pay raise after 90 days that I NEVER got.The only thing that management cared about was getting the sale. Total hard sell! I would be in doing a treatment with a client completely naked and the managers will knock on the door and interrupt the (very personal)service to sell more services. This is "The Norm" at American Laser Skin care. As far as co-workers, it was a revolving door there was so much turnover. The only thing I did enjoy were the clients who, most of them had some complaint. As a technician I was invisible to the company and I couldn't even get a some what set schedule. Every month I'd be handed the schedule....AWFUL!! My advise is if you're thinking about working for, or being a patron...BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Pros
it was a job and the checks cleared
Cons
too many to count!
Terrible
Client Care, Documentation, Sales. (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2012
If you're a good lier with no conscience you'll like it.
Most RNs don't fit this description.
The manager is an un educated smoozer that lies
To customers to get the first sale.
Then the educated , classy RN dies the work and the
Client wonders why the results aren't as expected , all
The meanwhile the ditsy manager asks you if
You dud an upsale so u can meet our quota she set
For you.
Get it? Enough said.
I don't recommend them. It's a nasty place to work.
$$$$ is ALL. They care about, and their equipment
Doesn't perform as it is outlined I'n their cheap
Sales talk. They.ripp off the client and give
The RN the responsibility to perform with
No supportive evidence based laser equipment.
Horrible place to work
esthetician (Former Employee) –  marietta gaFebruary 26, 2012
Treated employees bad. Under pressure to sell regardless if the person was a good candidate or not.
Pros
n/a
Cons
terrible