American Leak Detection Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Leak specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 5, 2019
Very greedy boss, very little respect for employees and customers, you have to fight to get raises, and you drive about 4 hours a day back and forth from Akron and Cleveland because he can't plan out his jobs in a timely order
Cons
No lunch
Productive Job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 15, 2019
A typical day at work is coming in on time, and typing up handwritten reports for the technicians from the day before. Prof-read your draft, and make corrected errors. Then scan, and send in email to customer or mail a hard copy for their records. Also collect money and hand it to the treasury for turn in. If a credit card, go ahead a run it and collect it. Stamp the invoice as paid and send copy to customer. You are doing this all while answering phone calls, and scheduling appointments for customer who need either a technician to come out and find a leak or scheduling a repair. You also need to know your area of either Houston( surroundings areas included) and Corpus Christi. You will need to multitask while working here. This job is very fast past, and can be stressful at times.
Former Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 21, 2019
During my short time at ALD, the amount of disrespect was at an all time high. I quickly learned that this company failed to provide structure, team effort, accountability for their own faults, and poor attitude. I learned VERY early on, that this is not the type of work space I would be happy in. Management is new, manager put my employment on the line the entire time. I felt as if I was back in high school the entire time.. (where certain clicks get along type of thing). None the less, the owner's are great people, they listen and respect the work place. Just needs better management. Work is easy to learn, just dont mess up at any point during employment because you will not last. "Team work" is what they stand by but not how they work. The errors they make is acceptable but if you make any errors it may be your last day on the job.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor management, no team effort, favoritism
Decent place to work
Information Technology Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2018
Good working environment with non-overbearing managers.
Free to do your job without someone looking over your shoulder at al times.

The hardest part of the job was being thrown into things I had no prior experience with, such as XBP IP Phone systems, ordering cell phones, tablets, etc. for end users.
Great Job, Great Environment, Not Enough to Live Off With a Family
CSR / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 18, 2018
This job is fantastic in all respects, from what you are doing, to the people that run the place, to the people you work with. It has been great working here, with a Monday to Friday schedule, paid time off, health insurance, a simple IRA, and great flexibility when it comes to taking care of personal issues. To say the owners are understanding is an understatement. The one issue I have run into is that with a growing family, in the area we live in, this job isn't enough to sustain the growing needs. It has been amazing since I was single, even to when I got married, but now with a child, it makes things more difficult as there is a glass ceiling. If you can make this work, I definitely suggest giving it a try.
Pros
Great work environment, great management, benefits for you, bonus structures
Cons
Benefits for you only and not for your family, glass ceiling, lots and lots of small details in a high paced environment
I enjoyed the customer service aspect & the office setting
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003October 24, 2018
A typical work day was, answering phones and scheduling technicians. We also assisted current customers with appointments & status of technicians arrival. Spoke with insurance adjusters. I learned to work with Google calendar, I learned how to schedule technician accordingly. I learned how to edit reports & upload reports to main site. Management was good. Workplace culture was ok, unstable, is how i would describe it.The hardest part of the job was not being able to do my work effectively because of how others did their work and the inconsistency by management. I enjoyed always having a task, I also enjoyed working with others who had great work ethic and were fun to work with.
Pros
employees
Cons
Healthccare
The company plays favorites
CSR, Office Manager, Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
If your not related to the owner or don’t suck up to management you have no chance of making it. I’ve worked here for over 10 years and they don’t give you a chance for improvement. A lot more work has been given to the technicians for less pay
The boss is clueless
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TNApril 3, 2018
The office environment was like being in daycare all day. The office manager and the other 2 children in the office made it very difficult to complete tasks.
Great Place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbine, MDFebruary 11, 2018
This is a great place to work with a great boss. It is an individually owned franchise so it is a small place. There are no health benefits or 401k offered which is the down side.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
health care
Lone Office Person
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2017
If you like to be alone, as only person in office it is great. Daily functions are easy. It's a relaxed atmosphere, casual dress. The latest office technology.
Fast Paced and Small Office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 7, 2017
This is a fast paced and super stressful job. A typical day can get about 50-10 calls before lunch time with only 4 people who work in the office. An employee must be detail oriented.
Typical Day
Senior Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work is to start recording all charges for credit cards and checks from a previous day into our system to close accounts and revise what balances are outstanding.

Enter all reports from previous days and send to the insurance for payment.

Have communication with technicians to verify where are they located and what are they doing.

Multitask answering phone calls and setting appointment, dispatching and updating information with new customers.
Advanced my Office Experience to a new level!
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2017
The daily duties included handling all customer calls including but not limited to scheduling appointments, answering concerns, sending proposals, coordinating schedules with 3-5 outside techs, and weekly duties such as reporting to the owner, payroll, P&L reporting, and all accounts receivable.
American Leak Detection and repairs
Office Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 25, 2017
American Leak Detection provides excellent plumbing services specializing in detecting and repairing existing plumbing lines for pools and homes. They are the original creators of leak detecting equipment and have continued to lead the industry. They also assist other plumbing companies in marking a leak location. Their highest priority is to complete repairs quickly with the least amount of damage to the customers home. Customer service is always the first priority for American Leak Detection.
Pros
Highly skilled technicians
Cons
Calming scared customers when they have experienced a flood.
Opportunity to think outside of the box.
Leak Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 7, 2017
Each Specialist was given a great deal of leeway to perform their duties according to their personal skill level, and given the room to solve problems. This proved to be very satisfying and empowering.
Honest people who do great work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 30, 2017
Contractors who care about what they do even if it is only a leak in your pool. Some of the best people to work with who do quality work for a reasonable price.
ok
PLUMBING/ REPAIR TECH-SCUBA DIVER (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 21, 2016
cant say too much good about it
small organized to a certain point
can treat employees better
definitely not an apprentice job
Employee driven company but needs more equipment
Leak Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 15, 2016
ALD is very employee accomodating, allowing time off when needed and offering a competitive wage and benefits package. However, I do not see a standard safety program, equipment can be outdated or undersized or not as readily available as advertised. There is room for growth in the training practices but they are very patient with newer employees who struggle with the processes. They also, as many companies do, change insurance frequently causeing some stress on employees who prefer certain health care providers.
Pros
Patience with employees
Cons
overworked at times, and equipment shortages and breakdowns.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 1, 2016
Disorganized environment
Management no open to ideas to improve.
No room for growth
Upper management very disorganized.
Technicians not willing to cooperate.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 26, 2016
Dealing with clients over the phone, scheduling appointments for technicians, administrative support. Work with three other people, husband and wife and one other technician who works in the field. Close to home.