American Leather Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Big company with good benefits, standard work environment
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I liked the benefits provided during my time here. The hours were good. It was mostly a full time position with some over time. I got along well with co-workers. My only concern is some of the supervising staff played favorites, especially in recruiting family members and giving special favors to them.
Benefits
Cons
every day was the same for the most part
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
You came in everyday and it was a daily routine.
Time management was very important and the managers were always there if you needed help. The hours were long but the bonuses were great at the end of the month.
Pros
bonuses
disorganised
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2017
bad safety. engineers dont know what they are doing. if your not there preferred race your not in the loop and treated the same. mostly people just doing what ever they wanted .
big, spacious working area
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2017
Workers must work with heavy leather. Overall labor intensive. Workers must sew fast. Recommended to refrain from tending to personal needs. Must reach daily percentage requirements.
Pros
insurance
Cons
stressful
Great Job
Padder Installer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 20, 2017
This was my job out of high school and probably one of the better jobs that I have been to. the work wasn't the easiest to learn but it was a fun environment, with great people and management.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Respiratory problems with glue
Loader, Packager, Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I liked working at American Leather because it kept me busy, it was a fast paced environment, very physical work from lifting, to consistent walking and moving around. Repetitious work days, but lots of thinking.
Great Company
Assistant Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
It is a great company and thankful for all the opportunities it was a great experience but looking forward to a new future. I was given the opportunity to learn management skills. started from a truck loader promoted to assistant supervisor in the shipping department. two years later I was promoted to Receiving Supervisor.
Pros
Opportunity too grow within the company
Cons
Worked long hours and wasnt compensated for those long hours
Progressive and employee friendly company with room for growth.
Supply Chain Analyst/Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2014
Every morning I would run reports based on ORACLE requirements as entered my sales team.
Develop forecast to suppliers to endure products and sub assemblies arrived on time, reduce amount of inventory carried in warehouse.
Developed relationships with suppliers to keep a certain amount of finished product on hand at their facility while maintaining production so that we are able to call for shipments immediately with little to no lead time. Combined several sub assemblies into one supplier who oversaw all other suppliers and sent us the completed product, reducing the amount of suppliers
Pros
Modern upscale company on cutting edge of furniture design
Cons
Every order was custom which made forecasting difficult
Productive and fun place to work.
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Texas 75236January 25, 2012
Pros
full benifits, 48 hours weekly, weekly pay
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Leather. Our community is ready to answer.

American Leather Reviews by Location