American Liver Foundation Employee Reviews

The American Liver Foundation
Development & Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2018
The American Liver Foundation was a good organization, but was not able to coordinate with local needs. This put local board members in a difficult situation which lead to tension throughout the organization. With that, the local Board members and Executive Director were enthusiastic and passionate about the mission and created an excellent working environment.
Excellent management in all departments.
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
As a database administrator I completed large amounts of data into a fundraising database program. Good completion of all division information nationwide. Good speed and accuracy with program. Excellent work environment with professional coworkers and good communication.
Pros
consistent with daily completion of database work for all divisions
Cons
salary was slightly low in regard to transportation expenses
Rewarding volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2015
Volunteering at American Liver Foundation is very rewarding. Doing office work for them, I have learned how to use different Microsoft programs and other basic office skills. Although the San Diego branch is small, they make a massive impact in the non-profit community. Their most successful event, the Flavors Gala, is an immaculate line up of San Diego's best chefs. With this event they raise a great deal of money for various important liver-related programs. Working for them, there is a variety of different tasks I complete; from working in their office, to helping set up for charity events.
Pros
friendly staff, great cause
Cons
not a paid position
Pleasant
Intern (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 11, 2015
Very helpful in everyway and I was able to gain a lot of experience Interning here and got to interact and learn new skills that can help me in the future.
Productive and engaging environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 11, 2015
ALF is an ever-changing and growing company. Daily tasks include recruitment for walks and flavors gala’s, as well as auction items. Other tasks included finding and developing relationships with pharmaceutical companies and local medical facilities, to help support events as well as become board members for the medical advisory committee. The small office staff allows for personal growth as well as team building skills and development to achieve a desired outcome.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2014
Working for the American Liver Foundation was not an average job. It was a volunteer assignment, that would go on for the whole semester. My job was to generate a press-kit for a nonprofit organization. I only met with the organization a few times in person and the rest was done via email. From this experience I learned that it was hard to receive vital information on time when using email and that it may be easier to get answers in person. I also learned how fun it was to create a press-kit. My job was to inform the public about liver disease, but also make the material interesting that the public would want to read on. The hardest part of my job was getting enough detailed information about specific concepts by just using email. The most enjoyable part of this job was working for this organization. I chose this nonprofit specifically because my older brother has grown up with a liver disease.
Pros
Learned how to create a press-kit
Cons
Hard to receive vital information on time
American Liver Foundation we care for our clients
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
I Love my job and the people I work with we care for our clinents
I have worked with the finest team of co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 20, 2014
I have been with the New England team of the American Liver Foundation since April 2011 and have been fortunate to work with smart, committed, creative and compassionate co-workers who have the mission of education, advocacy and research of liver disease at heart. We have worked cooperatively to make the events that we organize more effective and far-reaching each year. We have the opportunity to work with our medical advisory committee, liver doctors from all over the Boston and New England area, with the patients and their families, as well as with all of the runners from around the world, who partner in our Run for Research (c) program to run the Boston Marathon in honor of those with liver disease. It is the most successful and high profile program of the American Liver Foundation, nationwide. I see to all the administration details, daily deposits, financial reports, matching gifts, vendors as well as brainstorming along with the Executive Director, program manager and 3 other campaign managers to find the best way to do our jobs. I value the inclusiveness as well as the opportunities to learn. Probably the hardest part of the job is finding enough hours in the day to do all that we want to do. I have worked with the finest team.
Pros
We are given comp times for the weekend and evening events that we coordinate and present.
Cons
We rarely leave the office for lunch or a break, but that's of our own choosing
Quiet work environment.
Human Resources Payroll - Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Directed the operations and administration of programs, policies and practices in the areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and payroll. Provided guidance and expertise in human resource areas to various Divisions; assured compliance with relevant laws; mentored and coached staff on sensitive human resource related matters. Effectively interfaced with all levels of the organization to coordinate and oversee all of the Human Resources and Payroll projects and activities.
Educate, Advocate and Raise Awareness for those facing liver disease.
National Director, Programs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2012
The American Liver Foundation has provided me with a brand new perspective on liver disease and its massive health impact on the general public.