American Medical Depot Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 27, 2019
Toxic work environment. Stressful all day long. Management very rude and disrespectful to those employees not in their group.
I didn't learn much because the manager was so busy trying to get work done that the training was not long enough for me.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to ask questions often, because all the employees were too busy working that they could not assist.
Pros
Pay rate decent
Cons
everything else
No Voice
sales (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 14, 2019
The owners talk to you as if you are a child, they do not respect their employees at all. Employees that have been there longer are praised, new comers must struggle to make it.
Typical Warehouse environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJanuary 5, 2019
American Medical Depot in Schenectady can be a great place to work, or a terrible one. In my experience there, it all depends on which shift you are on. The morning shift is a great place to be, its pretty laid back and relaxed, you can work at your own pace, with very little demands from management. I feel like it is compensated very fairly.

But the night shift is probably the worst place I've ever worked. The hours are extremely long, sometimes over 14 hours a shift, one or two days a week. There is no recourse if people call out, the rest of the shift must finish all of the combined work load. There is a continual revolving door of new employees as people quit due to the bad conditions. This leads to new workers not being expected to work as well as the experienced ones, causing an uneven workload again. New hires must go through a "temp" agency. So they can sometimes feel like second class workers. They did just receive a substantial raise, but for a long time they were making much below the industry standard, again adding the the revolving door of new workers. New hires are also very slow to come in, so whenever someone quits or is fired, the rest of the shift may be down a man or two for weeks at a time. This causes management to be very cautious about firing people. Obviously awful employees may stick around for much too long, causing resentment and frustration among the good workers.

The two shifts are very much divided. The two shifts rarely help the other. First shift's work load is much less than sencond's, again causing resentment.

There is little to no
  more... room for advancement or promotion. The best you can hope for is to make it onto first shift.  less
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Extremely high turnover
Good place to work for.
Accounting Receivable Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 22, 2018
I am so surprised at some of the bad reviews. I really liked working at AMD. I feel they gave me the confidence and exposure that allowed me to advance. I left AMD since 2011. I do remember this is a place of work. You can have some moments and joke around but you need to focus on work. That is what you are getting paid for actually. I do not see anything wrong in how they perseved things. It is a family company. They used to do management meetings monthly. Those meetings were great. I was in Accounts receivable. I got promoted less than a year being there. The only downfall is there are not many positions available. Not a lot of room for growth. Sukrit was easy to talk to. He had an open door policy. My manager was easy to talk to as well.
Pros
Family company
Cons
Growth opportunity
Slave ship
Picker (Former Employee) –  whitsettOctober 4, 2018
AMD is a old fashion slave ship type of environment. You are inadequately trained and very under staffed because they could not keep people in the door. I seen 3 new mangers get hired and fired in 3 months. Its a burnout job. Get your money, save up, and get out !
Pros
you get a check
Cons
unorganized and underpaid
Good People - Solid leadership
Director of Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2018
The Leadership of the company is decent. They mean what they say and do what they mean. You learn a lot and you work a lot. Not the place for a slacker to fit in.
High pace sales environment.
Distribution Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2018
Establish product setup under government contract guidelines and protocols for distribution centers. I also provided support to the sales team, ensuring all sales and service objectives were met.
No Standards.
Deplorable work environment.
Unfair employee recognition.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 6, 2018
Great warehouse center to work.Very organized and comfortable environment to work in. The management team is nice and very knowledgeable and so are the trainers.
Pros
controlled climate
Cons
lazy team members
Great place for experience and practice. Experimentation is encouraged here.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2018
The company runs on daily morning huddles with your teams/departments which might seem overwhelming at first but, actually encourage teamwork. Many passionate and hardworking people which can be hard to find elsewhere.
Pros
Heavy R&D, passionate workforce
Cons
short breaks
Training
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2017
The conception of their training can improve. The CEO's are very business oriented and the interaction with them are always pleaseant and they're concise.
Un ambiente excelente y profesional
Limpieza de casas o werehouse (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 10, 2017
Me encanto haber trabajado para esta empresa, me trataron con respeto y reconocieron mi profesionalismo...
Pros
Un ambiente excelente y profesional
They don't care about their employees
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 6, 2017
They preach integrity...but have none. They preach accountability but shift blame in a game-like fashion. Staff is pitted against each other, and management is treated harshly...which they then in turn take out on their teams. It's like the Hunger Games!!! ahahaha.
Pros
You get a pay check. Overall, enjoyed working with my peers
Cons
Everything else.
A typical day at work
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 30, 2017
Management is constantly harrassing the employees.
Horrible owners.
Management are puppets and are afraid of the owners.
Everyday is filled with stress and frustration.
too much work for one person to complete.
useless meetings.
Employees receive no respect from owners.
Get ready to fight them when trying to collect unemployment when they fire you for a bogus reason as they will fight it.
Everyday is worse than the day prior.
Pros
Cons
everything
Verbally and mentally abusive
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 14, 2017
The manager under the CEO is terrible. Verbally abusive to employees example "Are you f****ing stupid" and "Shut up and just f****ing listen to me. Very unprofessional and does not follow any measures to keep their employees safe from such acts. Heads up they outsource their HR department because of this managers actions.
Pros
co-workers were great
Cons
Upper management is awful. Hostile work environment
American Medical Depot is a horrible company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 13, 2017
One of the WORST company I have ever worked for. I would not recommend anyone I know to work there. Management is NOOOOOOOOOOO Good!
From the time you step in the building you are under surveillance, then you have to chant the company motto. If you don't get there in time to do this ritual, you get written up. You then are timed and watched on a monitor to see how much work you are doing for the day. You can't talk to anyone. If you need to get information from someone in another dept, you have to get permission from your manager. Never have I seen anything like this place. too much stress.
Very good company with good people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 5, 2016
Productive environment . good people to work with, the hardest part of the job is walking. typical day would be packaging merchandise
Don't let them fool you
Happy FORMER employee (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 27, 2016
The first three reviews I read are all works of fiction!

It's not a good place to build your career, they don't promote from within they always hire new people who have to be trained by the ones that should've been promoted in the first place.

Management is made up of puppets. They can only do what the owners say. They have no right to their own opinion.

No one values contributions, as stated in "My take", nor is there betterment for employees. It's swim or sink and no life jackets are provided. There is constant scorning and belittling by senior management. It's a toxic work environment. It does not matter how what you know, how long you've been there or how loyal you have been.
Pros
Co-workers; pay/benefits
Cons
Poor treatment of employees; bad or lack of training
My take
DBA (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 15, 2016
Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar. All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes AMD a great place to work. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
employees, fun events, prof development classes
Challenging, but Rewarding!
EDI Analyst/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 18, 2016
AMD is a great company to work for…they are professional, innovative, and they focus on delivering the best value, not only to their customers but also their employees. The unique, fast paced environment can make it challenging and quite overwhelming at times. Every day is different and definitely requires you to be able to think on your feet, if you are able to adapt to this you will experience great rewards and opportunities within the company. Because AMD is a constantly growing company there are many opportunities to earn responsibilities faster than you would in a larger corporation. They recognize talents and will promote within. I was promoted to a MIS analyst within six months of being hired and I truly feel like I was given the opportunity to make a genuine impact on the company. Senior management is very accessible and encourages an open dialogue. Overall, AMD is a company where individuals are valued and respected with constant support from leadership.