American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun place to work
Communication Call Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2018
Fun workplace, but no room for advancement. I don't have much to say about this company. I worked there many years ago and do not remember much about how it was operated
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Not enough raised to keep up with the economy
Ems
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLJuly 9, 2018
Great people. Field crews were amazing. Management not so much. Union was ineffective. Training opportunities were not given at equal increments. Typical comm center.
amr
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2018
the day is spent transporting patients but the company does not care about their employees and will run us nonstop for 10-16 hours not allowing for is to rest or eat, if you have a personal issue or get injured they will help but only if it is good for the co if not they will just push you aside and leave you in a bad position, they do not care about their employees
Stressful but worth the stress
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 8, 2018
12 hour shifts with every other weekend off. The fast pace and stress gives me a greater respect for the medical field. I love my fellow co-workers but management could be a little better. I started as a CSR and now 11 years later I am one of the room supervisors. I started this job when I was 21 never to imagine to be here 11 years later.
Pros
Dim lights
Cons
Short breaks
great company to work for
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 4, 2018
A typical day, you will receive calls, travel to patient, treat and transport to nearest hospital. culture is very lax there and management is as well. making iti a nice company to work for.
Used to be a great company
System Status Controller (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 4, 2018
Before AMR was bought by Envision and even before it was AMR, it was Rural/Metro. A company that cared about it's employees and showed it. Now we are just cogs in the machine
Pros
Pay rate commiserate with experience
Cons
Just another numnber
Lots of Experience
EMT (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 4, 2018
This job was certainly never boring. I obtained more experience here than I ever thought possible. I had a great two years working here and think it's a great operation.
very well organized company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 2, 2018
the company has proven to hire the best and continue to train so that their employees are held to a mush hirer standard to prove they are the elite in the field of emergency response and healthcare workers
n/a
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2018
Working for this company is okay. Until they hire too many people and their are no shifts to pick up and you are consistently getting sent home. its a double edged sword
stepping stone
EMT (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2018
This is not a career, but a stepping stone to advancement. I used my time here as patient care hours to apply to PA school, which I did in 2000. Happy with the time spent.

Want to know more about American Medical Response?

Ask a question
Fast Pace, Multi-tasking
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 27, 2018
Working for AMR you're very busy. I got my EMD,CPR and First Aid certifications through them. It can be stressful at times, you have to be an excellent multi-tasker.
Mandatory Overtime
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 26, 2018
Not a family oriented company. Only focus is on working constantly with little allowance for minor mistakes. Though there are opportunities for overtime. It is still not worth it. The pay is very low.
Pros
Provided uniforms
Cons
Held over late constantly
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Blythe, CAJune 25, 2018
Every day is different and every emergency is different. At the beginning of shift we clock in, we check out our ambulance and we prepare for the day. It's very rewarding being able to help someone in need.
Management can be better
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 25, 2018
I like taking care of the patients and the interaction between some of my supervisors and myself. However, there is a lack of communication between the upper executives and the EMT/Paramedic. When uniforms come in you have to check the list that is put up, when cold weather gear and summer gear comes in unless you are on the company facebook page then you do not know they are in.
great entry level or exit level job
Emergency Medical Technician- Basic ( part-time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2018
the Interfacility transfers and special events are a great way for an entry level emt-b/p to get their foot in the door, or for someone who is looking to keep their certs and do this job part time.
Great company.
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  English Creek, NJJune 16, 2018
They provide competitive pay and the opportunity to advance yourself within the company to any level you desire provided you are willing to relocate where the work is.
Pros
Extremely competitive pay and a good working environment.
Cons
None really. Only left because their office was far away from me.
Not a place to work at a normal working pace.
Ambulance Stocker (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 16, 2018
Everything about working here is opposite of team effort. Most people still have the High School culture working here, or in this industry. Most of the employees prefer to play games with Human resources and fabricate stuff about harassment, and it goes on like a marry-go-round. It is not limited to one department, or a group of workers. If you are someone who likes doing all the work yourself, without any backup; then this is a perfect place to work.
Pros
paid lunch, but its a working lunch
Cons
minimum 12 hour shifts, and strict attendance policy....really strict
well
Lead Pre-Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJune 11, 2018
its like high school all over again, it has its moments, benefits are OK not too bad it's covered California overage, a lot of chiefs not enough Indians here/there
It was a fun place to work
Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 11, 2018
It was a great place to work and a great company to work for right up until they let the contracts go because they were no lomger interested in them and hundreds of people lost their jobs.
Beginning of a career - Thank you Lets meet again
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 8, 2018
Daily vehicle check - assign on with dispatch to post to specific post or dispatched automatically to an emergency or non emergency call, all day, everyday - great learning experience - keeps up skills and learn from a lot of people that have been in the Emergency Medical Services Field for years with lots of knowledge and training.
Be yourself - do your job, ask questions if you need help, assistance, follow rules and policies, reach out. Professional, respectful, helpful
If you love what you do, you already enjoy the job, whats hard for one person may not be hard for another, depends if you are just starting or if you have some experience in the field, every job, place you go is learning just as life is, you learn everyday - whats hard about life for some, may not be for others, we are all different, if we all come together just as in the field in Emergency Medical Services, someone assists and helps someone - we could all get through it a bit easier and it wouldn't be hard.
Pros
Amazing career start - non stop learning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight