American Medical Systems Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 25, 2017
The company is awesome at innovation and developing employees to become better and advance themselves to the next level. There is plenty of room to grow
Pros
Innovative and inspiring
Cons
Some people in management are ruthless
Excellent place to work
Corporate Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 30, 2017
When I was there, it was an excellent place to work. The people were friendly, the culture was diverse, and everyone wanted to help you succeed. Systems were in place
Dynamic company personality due to 2 acquisitions in the last 5 years
Supplier Quality and Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 21, 2017
Dynamic company personality due to 2 acquisitions in the last 5 years. Very demanding work environment due to FDA warning letter issued in 2009. The company has been in the remediation mode since that time, but has made significant improvements
Interning at AMS
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 23, 2017
My internship was one of the best summer employment opportunities that I have ever had and I can 100% give that to my manager. She was the most supportive, pushing mentor I could have asked for. The people are just as good as the products that have such a phenomenal impact on the patients. I would go back to AMS to work with the team I did if given the opportunity. Interested to see how Boston Scientific includes them into their portfolio and overall organization.
Pros
People
Cons
A great place to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 22, 2016
American Medical Systems was a great company to work for and sold great products to make the lives of its customers easier. It was great to work as a team and individually.
Pros
Great people
American Medial Systems
Engineer & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 9, 2015
Well organized and staffed. Focused on Customers and developing new devices, therapies, and services for treating pelvic health disorders in both men and women. Strong culture of innovation and calculated risk taking to build knowledge...
Pros
Culture of Innovation, Work / Life Balance
Great work environment
Product Surveillance Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 12, 2015
Many opportunities to acquire skills related to MDR. The staff really engage in teamwork and help one another with respect to learning.
Good products, good talent, bogged down in remediation.
Sr. Research and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2015
Company has recently been divided into Mens' Health acquired by Boston Scientific and Women's Health products which is looking for buyer. Company has good products and revenue, but bogged down in remediation.
Previously a great company!
Global Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 17, 2015
AMS was a fabulous company to work for, the moral has greatly diminished and there in NO work/life balance.
The upper management has worked employees to death and then the CEO belittles everyone in company meetings. So poorly managed!
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Big company, successful, hard workers.
Sr. Physician Training Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 20, 2015
A little bit about my job includes inventory of cadavers, product and lab supplies. Packing and shipping resident kits. Shipping a variety of different things, such as; scrubs, models, instruments, cadavers, ect. Labs throughout the week, preparing for those setting up and taking down everything. Traveling throughout the state for labs. Traveling to labs off site requires teamwork showing and teaching other lab staff how our company sets up.
Pros
Excellent work enviornment
Cons
Great relationships with physicians and a real chance to make a difference
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 22, 2015
Great place to truly make a difference in patients' lives. There is a lot to do and a great team spirit. The pending acquisition will provide a unique opportunity to make an even bigger contribution.
Medical Device Company
VP Global HR and Internal Communications (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 8, 2015
Going through significant transitions

Dedicated employees who are passionate about their contributions

Getting back to innovation
Pros
Employees can make a big impact
Cons
Acquisitions create challenging work environment
Challenging but rewarding work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose CAJune 4, 2015
I learned that hard work and dedication pays off. My position was very challenging but kept my day busy. I stayed focused and developed strong relationships with my customers and departments. I found my job to be very rewarding.
Senior Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Good work/ life balance. Small company feel.

Management is good to work for at AMS

Good people at AMS

Part of a larger company.

Lunch room.

Thank you.
American Medical Systems
Principal Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 18, 2014
American Medical System was a great company to work for before they were purchased by Endo pharmaceuticals. Endo has reduced benefits, laid off valuable employees, and ruined the moral of the company.

Management doesn't live in Minnesota. This doesn't give anyone confidence in them.
Pros
Facility, Employees, products
Cons
Managment, benifits, moral
Great place to work. Lots of free lunches, lots of people
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 24, 2014
I trained on all the training records for the entire department of Clinical. Co_workers were terrific.
Climate is shifting
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2014
The pay and benefits have been eroding over the last couple years. Management has shifted and things generally seem to be getting better.

The real challenge will be over the next year. Will management stay to continue to implement the significant changes they have initiated?
liked having hands on experiment and learning new skills
Engineering, R&D Technician II (Former Employee) –  3070 Orchard Dr., San Jose, CA 95134November 1, 2013
enjoyed assisting professionals in the field at American Medical Systems-
had opportunity to learn new material and apply new skills.
managers were supportive
had a friendly environment with co-workers . Always helped each other out.
The hardest, and at the same time, most enjoyable parts of our R&D department were the challenges we faced towards reaching our project goals, and determination to find the solution. when the findings were there, it was the time to celebrate
Pros
Free breakfasts on Mondays
Cons
Delays with HR services
Good Company to work for.
Sr. Engineering Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Good Company to work for. Good Management, Great Co-workers and a lot of flexibility during the working hours.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Good Benefiits
Company with a lot of potential
Sr. Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 16, 2013
Has a lot of potential to do many great things. Opportunities to do several types of work so it isn't the same thing day after day. Great people!