American Medical Technologies

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

American Medical Technologies Employee Reviews

Great job for motivated employee who can work remotely
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2018
Having worked for AMT for many years it has been great to see the tremendous growth of the company. As a Clinical Specialist you work "remotely" but there is a great sense of family not only within each territory but also within the company. The support from both my manager and co-workers is invaluable.

The job of a Clinical Specialist is for someone who works well autonomously. The job provides a great work-life balance as you set your own schedule.

The role also requires motivation to continuously learn regulatory updates and keep current on wound care dressings. The company does a great job in providing these updates and learning opportunities.

I would highly recommend this company and have no plans on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Flexibility, Company car, 100% employer paid health insurance for employee, 401K, incentive programs
Cons
Must not mind driving
Ordinary job with little to no advancement
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 10, 2018
The environment is sort of dull, but there are some friendly people. It does seem as though there's an unnecessary amount of work politics, given that it's a fairly small company. Management tends to keep to themselves, leaving most of the roles to the supervisors. Overall, it's not a bad company to get a start in, but I definitely don't see it being a life-long career.
Join this company if you want a career in the senior care industry
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 4, 2018
I have been with them for about 3+ years and like the work and people I interact with. As a Clinical Specialist, my job is more like a Sales Rep or Sales Consultant and I travel to different healthcare facilities (SNA's, hospices, nursing homes) to meet and understand the needs of their patients and recommend suitable products.

I do get to work from home, but have to travel to different facilities on a daily basis to meet with current and new customers in my territory.

I would say that AMT is good company for building one's career in the senior care market.
Pros
Remote work, company car, healthcare benefits
Cons
Monthly sales quotas
Great company to work for! I love my job with AMT!
Regional Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  SouthJanuary 14, 2019
American Medical Technologies is dedicated to the long term care environment. AMT strives to be the best in the industry with caring and compassion across the board. We have an outstanding group of clinical specialist across the country that go above and beyond with assisting the providers for the resident's within the facilities. These clinicians are excellent bedside educators and provide nothing but the best. The management team here is always open, approachable, and willing to help.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home office, great benefits and 401K match
Cons
Lots of driving and travel time
Get to work remotely and work-life balance
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2018
As an account manager, I visit clients in my assigned territory every few weeks. We are encouraged to identify new accounts/senior care facilities that would be interested in wound care products.

As a remote role, I am able to plan my work-day based on client meeting/appointments. My manager does not mind if I have to make run an errand during the day or pick-up my kids from school.

This role requires both clinical knowledge along with desire for sales/account management. You would need to know insurance regulations to be able to help the patients and hospital admins.
Pros
Flexibility of work-hours
Cons
Regulation driven - have to keep yourself updated with new rules/regulations
Toxic culture, depending on department
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 23, 2018
This is for Irvine, CA office. First, the layout is horrible in that they have cubicles, but they have clear glass partitions at the top so there is zero privacy or soundproofing. If your neighbor is having a conversation on the phone or with a coworker, you are forced to be a part of it. People are always staring. It's pretty creepy.

Second, some of the managers (operations) are bullies. They lack even the most basic communication skills that would include things like tact, diplomacy and compassion. It speaks volumes that the company is either not aware of this person, or doesn't care how they treat or speak to the staff.

For this reason, I would say that I was deceived about the culture there. I was told that it was a great culture and the company was soooo wonderful. This was not reflective of my experience with this company.

The place needs cleaning, and some of the tiles in the restroom are actually lifting off of the floor. The toilets have visible mold. The carpets are filthy.

Finally, their wages are not market. They are CHEAP and couldn't care less if their employees aren't making a living wage for the area. If you have any self-respect, you will not work here. Be aware that they filed for BK in 2012, so their stability is questionable (probably also a management issue)
Pros
Some very nice coworkers
Cons
Everything listed in this review and then some
Being a part of healing patients
Registered Nurse, Certified Wound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2019
It is very rewarding to be a vital part of the treatment management team to establish effective protocols to treat conditions with outcomes that move toward healing.
Pros
great salary
Cons
many hours on the road
A committed and dedicated Medicare B and Managed Care Provider
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestJanuary 14, 2019
AMT is an organization that is very supportive of Medicare B and Managed Care residents and will provide qualified residents advanced wound dressings which is a huge cost savings for both the resident and their facility. Facility staff receive support from our clinical specialists with educational in services about wound care for their residents on a routinely basis.
Pros
Advanced programs for Medicare B and Managed Care residents
AMT offers the ability to make a difference in the world of wound care
Clinical specialist (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 17, 2018
AMT wants wounds to resolve. They give us educational tools to help learn and teach wound care and the regulatory guidelines in LTC. My immediate manager is fair and always supportive. The hardest part of the job is the way I push myself to be the best I can be so that equals long hours. I recommend this company highly!
Pros
I make my own schedule, supportive upper management
Cons
Fast pased and collaborative environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2019
It was a temporary internship assignment to complete my education in insurance billing and coding. I was to review rejected and denied claims by insurance companies, review the claims and make the necessary adjustments and re-submit for payment.
Collaborative Organization
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 18, 2018
Fast paced Healthcare company, working to constantly align in the ever evolving healthcare environment. An employer with roots of caring and compassion.
Pros
Flexibility
Super busy and team work.
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
My experience as an intern was great I learn so much but I was not hired right away until March 2017 I was called to be apart of their team and was not able to work for them since I got another job. If I would get a chance in the future to work for AMT I will give myself a chance to work and achieved other goals.
I was a fun work place
Scan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2018
You could grow working at Amt. They are very friendly helpful. They deliver hospital items to the clients. They do scan and data entry very fast movement
Pros
Lunch every months
Cons
Short breaks
A nice place to work and a relaxed environment
HR Coordinator/Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at American Medical Technologies consists of answering phone calls, taking care of employee issues (new hires, termination, conflicts) processing payroll and payroll issues. I have learned a lot working at AMT. I have learn to deal with management at all levels. I learned how to deal with numerous kinds of employee issues and found successful ways of compromising with all parties involved. The management here at AMT were very interesting because everyone has a different way of dealing with things and it gave me a new perspective on their views. The co-workers here at CorVel are young and a joy to work with. Everyone works so well together. The hardest part of the job is that the company filed bankruptcy and job were eliminated. The most enjoyable part of the job is how many people I was able to meet and influence.
Pros
The company was located close to my house and the benefits were great
Cons
The company filed bankrupcy
Work Culture
Payer Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It's a great place to work. It has a excellent work life balance and is located in the heart of Irvine, CA. I am really glad that I am currently working here.
Amt
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 12, 2017
Expected to over exceed everyday with little to no pay off. Many co-workers are out spoken racists and homophobes. Co-workers will tear down each other and brown nose to put themselves over.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
at the end of the day the stress isnt worth it
Flexible schedule, must be a road warrior, but poor communication
Educator-Clinical Wound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2014
Clinical rounds with nursing and medical staff on patients with wound care needs
Educate healthcare providers on surgical wound dressings and wound management
Must have good communication and computer skills.
Must be organized with good time management
Works independently with management collaboration on a monthly and quarterly basis
Hardest job is the commute to different locations daily, LOTS of driving.
Changes in insurance policies greatly affect daily task and needing to communicate this information to clinical staff is difficult.
Lots of changes with in the company's infrastructure
Poor communication among administration and clinical reps
Best part is meeting new people and sharing the love of wounds with others
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
read between the lines-sales job
Great Company with wonderful professionals
Regional Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
-Helping customers and staff by providing education related to wound care, urological, ostomy and trachs.
-This company provides current education to our staff as well as customers in Long term care facilities and hospices.
- The management is very approachable and always available to assist. They keep us informed of changes within the work place.
- I have never worked with such a great group of people before . They are like my family.
- The most difficult part is you need to be organized and multi task.
- Very rewarding we make a difference to the patients we provide for.
Pros
A growing company
Cons
Must love to drive
I was abled to education facilities on wound mangement as well as product management.
Clinical Specialist, Wound Care (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 2, 2016
Worked on a daily basis with Long Term Care facilities on maximizing Medicare reimbursement by proper wound management.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
Job cuts due to bankruptcy.
High paced Company with High Expectations
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2013
High volumes of work on a daily basis. This company gives a sufficient amount of time to understand its processing expectations.
Its a good company to work for although management can give better aknowlegdement of its employees. Although this was a fast paced work site at times it did have its flow times which you were able to catch-up on uncompleted files.
Pros
Ocassional luncheons were offered.
Cons
High expectations with not very much appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

American Medical Technologies Reviews by Location