American Medical

American Medical Employee Reviews

Ok. Place to work No problem. Work flow study. Easy to navigate system. Good work environment. No micro managing. Work sorted by hospital and or insurance provider.
The Tampa/Pasco/Polk offices are more concerned with having a large staff than having a good one. Hiring groups of 10-15 people a month with only 2 or 3 still there after 3 months. Poor quality gear and ambulances 10-15+ years old. Lowest hourly pay of all ambulance transport companies in Tampa. Overall pour worker and management morale and skills. A decent resume builder but don't expect much actual experience from it.
This company really made their employees feel like family very easy to work for and my coworkers was polite to work with as well this is a company I would definitely go back to work for
American medical was a great place to work at. I got to learn different departments of the company. But one of the downfall with this company. No one knew how to communicate. Communication is the key to a successful business.
It was pleasure working with people and compuny. Nice experince work with the team and co-worker. Most difficult part for me was long travel, usually friday was tiring
Pros
free launches
Cons
break time was good
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I've left American medical because I was only getting paid $9.00 for Hard Work I Was Doing And I Think I deserve More then That I Had Alot of clients Not Just One and Worked very Hard .
This is a job you take when you have nothing else which is sad when you consider that it is caring for and taking care of people who can't do so for themselves. The pay that they hand out to people is ridiculous for the work you do, baggers at Heb make more, but this makes sense when you think about how little this country cares for the care of the elderly or disabled. Not a job i would recommend to anyone or do again if i had other options at the moment.
The company pairs you with a client, and my particular client was a wonderful soul.The work was enjoyable for the conversations were lovely learning about another persons journey in life and being appreciated in the work I performed.
American medical is a good company to work for if your able to adapt. No set rules things are on a wing. No organization, high turnover. Much like a family setting rather than professional which can be both a good and bad thing. over all i must say i like it. no benefits either.
Pros
can eat at your desk
Cons
no benefits, no raises
This a great company to work for. The supervisor was great, you can always go to him for help. If you have any questions, he is will have time to help you.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Best supervisor
This company was great to work for if you are looking for flexoible hours.They pay on a daily or weekly basis. They are always looking for work if you want it.
Pros
Great team and pay
Great experience, fast placed, cost of living far exceeds what your getting paid. Few good men and women that work here but just like any other jobs they have vulture
Pros
experience
Cons
pay, benefits
They need to get things together in the office to make sure everyone is taken care of. They also had a very bad turnover and could not keep employees.
limited training, not compensated enough for service provided, not only do we work on call on weekends but also we go to patients home and set up medical equipment but also have to educate the patient on how to use equipment . And lots of paperwork....
Pros
helping people ..enjoy working with both young and old
Cons
underpaid
Overall the company is a good stepping stone type of job great exp to learn on and off the job.Management needs a lot of work and improvement the pay is ok
Pros
Experience
Cons
My client is very easy to get along with and my co workers are nice as well. The job is pretty laid back and the office personnel are very understanding and do help you when you ask for it. It has been a great experience so far.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not a lot of hours
taking 911 call and dispatching the closes unit. I learned patience while working with this company. We have gone through a few managers since my three years and they all manage different but effectively
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
short break and long hours
-clear working area -flexible work hours -Good Working environment -responsibilities are fair and balanced -limited upper mobility -clean room manufacturing plant
Cons
slow sometimes
I work with really great people. Unfortunately, with all the Affordable Healthcare Act changes that have taken place, out industry has been forced to make major changes and this has affected my job specifically. My management role is now a management/sales role and the sales is continually changing and becoming more and more aggressive. I want to work and have time for my family as well, and with the changes taking place, my family is not getting any attention.
American Medical Center is an amazing work environment with a great staff and skills. A typical day at work would be having patients come in and out to get check ups or shots. Even the usual minor surgeries. Management and the workers there are extremely helpful because when they notice you struggle, these workers will help you right away in way you can't imagine. The hardest part about that job was the urgent care hours. That is when the staff on the floor is minimal and there is maybe only one doctor on duty for the night and it can get really hectic to the point where the clinic will be open for a longer period of time. Now the fun part is that you do not know what will walk in through that door and what reason they have for this visit. That is what intrigued me with the clinic was the factor of surprise each day you come into work regardless of the time or day of the week.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
patients tend to get impatient and anxious
it was very slow and very unorganized, it was contract base so every 3months you have to worry about having a job or not, and the budget was always low could never go fulltime
Pros
nonoe
Cons
no breaks
  1. Employee Reviews