AMERICAN METAL ROOFS Employee Reviews

Complete joke of a company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 15, 2018
They use the sales people to give a free in home estimate while they tell the customers they can do the metal roof themself or have it done by somebody else for half price at their do-it yourself workshop training class the sales manager teaches on the weekends and gets paid commission for. They have a different pricing structure for this if the salesperson sells it, but of course I was never given it or told about it. Also, they claim to be a Christian company so they can rip off the people who believe their lies. Complete joke of a company.
Pros
Canned sales training
Cons
Work for free
Great place to work. Information on indeed is inaccurate
Metal Roof Installer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIApril 7, 2018
They will care about you and bend over backwards to help out an employee but I reccomend watching yourself if you end up working here. You are not paid anything near what you are worth and there are no benefits until you have been employed by them for a year . Then you receive a weeks paid vacation. They will set you up to succeed and then you'll be thrown under the bus before you know it.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Cons
Pay for installers is EXTREMELY inaccurate on here. Not paid for time in vehicles
All around great place to work
Install Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIOctober 10, 2017
I learned so much from American Metal Roofs. They have shaped who I have become today. I learned so much working for this company. The Install Dept. is amazing and I can not say enough about the experience I have encountered here. The VP of Install is the best Manager I have ever worked for.
Fast paced, flexible work schedule, friendly work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 20, 2017
I've worked at many companies in my career and this the first that really treats employees the way they should be treated. American wants to see employees grow and advance. There is flexibility in your work schedule to attend your children's/ family events.

As expected by any employer you will be required to perform your job duties and held accountable to complete them. It's ok to make mistakes, you are taught to learn from you mistakes and move on.

If your looking for a great place to work that treats employees the way they should be treated, than this is the place to work.
Employees are treated fairly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 23, 2017
American Metal Roofs, is a great place to work. The leadership team is always looking for ways to improve the work environment. They stand behind their product and put the customer first. Great training and room for advancement for all employees. Happy to come to work everyday!
Energetic and fun work atmosphere
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 27, 2017
You can expect to laugh a lot while you work. All the girls are laid back and down to earth none of the typical cattiness that you might find at other jobs. We do have a touch of competiveness but it is all in good fun. I have never been at a job where I was rewarded with Victoria Secret gift cards just for doing my everyday job! The management is very understanding and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure you are preforming at your best. The best part of my job is the people I work with, you really feel like part of a family.
Pros
Bonuses and Contests
You won't find a home improvement company like this one!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 4, 2017
We're always changing and evolving to better suit our employees and customers. Here, you have access to management and close relationships with your coworkers. Tons of room for growth and we put our families first. We love our employees and our customers are #1.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Small company that cares about employees and customers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 4, 2017
This company cares more about employees than other home improvement companies. The management is accessible and actively works on improving in every way all the time. Small company with morals and values. God first, family second and business third and that is true all the way through. Wonderful place to be, wonderful people to be around.
Pros
Flexible schedules
good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 14, 2016
average over 200 miles per day
sales trainers did not train, just complained about performance
ownership treated everyone fair
high expectations
getting more chiefs than indians
It could be a great place to work!
Customer Concierge (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIApril 27, 2016
I was only there for 2 months. I left a job that I was at for 8 years to pursue a job with American Metal Roofs. I was told this was a family oriented place to work, and that the company took care of their employees. At first, this was the front that they had put on. I later noticed that this in fact was not the case due to their constant termination rate. While I was there in 2 months, they had fired at LEAST 3 people. I unfortunately was the 4th to be terminated. Upon my termination, they stated they were going in a different direction with the office that I worked in, and that it was "nothing personal". This company could be a great place to work. The people there are great, however there is NO stability and absolutely NO job security. They will fire somebody for anything. I was a good worker. I showed up on time, and always did as asked. I asked questions and tried very hard to excel. I was consistently held back and micro managed. I do not recommend applying or working here, because if you don't match what they think an employee should be, to the point, you will be terminated. Its unfortunate. It could be a great place to work.
Pros
Steady Schedule
Cons
No job security, micro management
fun workplace with a great staff
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 4, 2016
The people that work there are so friendly. The amount of attention that they give to the customers shows in the final product produced.
Mediocre
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 29, 2015
Long hours, great atmosphere, decent pay, not much room for advancement, very repetitive, mediocre lifestyle, can be fun at times
Fast pace productive company
Western Regional Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIDecember 5, 2012
Through my many years with the company I had learned many skills that will help me with future employments as well as life. Got to learn how to manage people as well as myself.
Fun and fast Paced
Booth Manager/Qualified Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 9, 2012
This is the kind of company that will push you to expand your people skills and take them to the next level.
Pros
pay, location, co-workers, opportunities, growth
Cons
seasonal