American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

I love working for AMH
CST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Having been a traveler for different agencies, I ave to say I love Americal Mobile Healthcare. I was immediately assigned to a recruiter, the entire process was expidited and I was quickly placed on an assignment.
Well paying travel company if you know what you’re worth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  VariedSeptember 29, 2018
It seems as though there is a lot of turnover here in terms of recruiters. I had one who was quite good who responded promptly and I felt like worked hard for me. I had others who would need to be reminded my background and specialty. When speaking with other travel nurses it seemed like AM offered the most competitive salaries and had the most jobs available.
Productive and fun workplace
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
The culture at American Mobile Healthcare is great. No matter your position, everyone cares about your success. There are fun events that also make it so much fun to go to work. Everyone is super friendly even if you aren't on a name to name basis.
Pros
The people, food, events, great management
Cons
Nothing bad to say about this company
Great Company to Work for
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
This is a very comfortable company to work for. I have enjoyed my time that I have been working here and I have been welcomed very easily into this company
Good
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2018
Certified surgical technologist. The facilities that you go to work you to the bone especially when they know your a traveler and they can end your contract any day. You learn a lot and do you do a lot outside your scope of practice. Its a good thing and bad thing. Just have to find a balance.
Pros
Housing
Cons
No sick time or vacation time
Good RN oppotunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
I am very thankful for the job opportunities AMN has given me. If not for this agency until now i would still be waiting for job opportunities even from small hospitals.
Pros
Flexible schedule, food allowance, travel allowance
Great staff. Good assignments. Supportive. Great pay
Critical Care Rn (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
Excellent pay, good assignments, learning environments. Prompt response to find assignments. Quick to find new assignments. Friendly, easy to work with. Great teaching experiences in the assignments.
Pros
Friendly staff, find great opportunities for RNs
Lacks followup
RN (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 29, 2018
If not assignments shes pushing, doesnt follow up finding anything in area of your choice. Would have loved to continue working with AM, but continuity of flow with leaving one contract and flowing right into another wasnt able to be managed.
Great relationship with my recruiter
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2018
Have loved working with this company. AMN gives me flexibility to move just about anywhere in the US (places that I get to pick!). Been with them for 5 contracts and counting.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
fair
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I prefer not to participate in this summation of review. I feel not a professional. My opinion does not matter. I have been placed in poor areas to lodge and work not by choice but by selection of my case manager.
Helpful when getting your assignments
Travel Nurse-OR circulator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Always helpful in finding your next assignment. Ease in getting a contract signed and provides explanation. Always had payroll correct. Recruiter was always available.
Terrible recruiters
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
From recruiter to preemployment support these are Californians in the worst sense. Snarky, condescending, dishonest, a real nightmare to negotiate with. Good luck getting them to work with states other California. You will be left with opportunities at the worst rated facilities in your state. Just check for yourself before you ever apply. There are much better options for the high demand respect a RN deserves. This company needs to remember recruiters are unliscensed and low demand and healthcare providers are why they are even in business.
Pros
Industry average compensation
Cons
Poor support and attitude from start to finish
Job review
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 31, 2018
Found a position that was guaranteed 36 hours a week. Nice Management and staff to work with. The management works with your schedule and time off needs. Also very fair in room assignments.
Love the people
Senior Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
The people that I work with makes my job worth while. Even if I am having a stressful day there will always be someone to say something to put a smile on my face.
Great company to work with
MED/SURG TELE RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2018
Recruiters are great to work with, informative and always working to find a good fit for you. They are also clear and concise in the package breakdown. No complicated pay packages.
enjoyable
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed finding new contracts and experiencing new NICU's. My nurse recruiter was wonderful and easy to work with. I would recommend working with them.
Good experience
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 25, 2018
Good experience so far. My recruiter works hard to place me in an appropriate assignment and does not force jobs I don’t feel fit me. She is always checking in to see how I am doing and seems to genuinely care about if I like my assignments
Pros
Decent pay, good insurance
Cons
No paid vacation or sick time
Travel Nurse
Registered Nurse, Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Competitive travel nurse company. Company is as good as it's recruiters. I had an excellent recruiter that routinely made herself available and was quick to return a call or email.
Pros
Have contracts with multiple health care organizations
Cons
Must be good at negotiating for self
Travel company
Rachael, RN (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 17, 2018
They were my first company to travel with and it was ok. No complaints. The worked hard to get the housing and travel reimbursement done. So no complaints
Pros
Saw new places
Cons
short time to travel to next job
Fun place to travel with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
When traveling, AMN has access to more jobs than other companies I have inquired about. Make sure to negotiate. All salaries and benefits like housing ARE negotiable to some extent. Don’t just accept what they offer. Great staff and loved my manager.
Pros
Lots of travel positions
Cons
Need to negotiate salary and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.