American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun place to travel with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
When traveling, AMN has access to more jobs than other companies I have inquired about. Make sure to negotiate. All salaries and benefits like housing ARE negotiable to some extent. Don’t just accept what they offer. Great staff and loved my manager.
Pros
Lots of travel positions
Cons
Need to negotiate salary and benefits
Large selection of assignments
RN (Current Employee) –  variesJuly 13, 2018
Large selection of assignments to choose from. Some problems with communication and with credentialing for assignments. Pay is not as good as other agencies.
Too much stress from assignment to assignment
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 9, 2018
Every time I started a new assignment there was some sort of stressful event. Whether it be sketchy or dirty housing set up or difficulties with timecards. Also traveling every 13 weeks means you are always new and don't always have an opportunity to make close friends, which can be isolating.
Pros
Travel to new places and get paid to do it
Cons
Stressful and isolating
largest travel agency
GI Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
I;ve been with the company for 5 years now. They have significantly improved with their compensation and benefit package. I also noticed the improved customer service and error resolution. It makes me want to stay with them longer.
Pros
flexible market
Cons
exclusive contracts at sub-par facilities
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 29, 2018
The company is very good however the hospital facility was limited in their orientation and were not very welcoming to me.
The company was very pushy in wanting me to go to that hospital however the hospital had many travel nurses and also had a union for the nurses who currently worked there. Therefore the union nurses sat around and did very little work, while the travel nurses took care of all the patients on the unit. I would never want to travel to a hospital thats unionized because travel nurses are treated very poorly.
Pros
Cons
lack of autonomy
The best experience i could've had
Traveler surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2018
Everyone I worked with at American Mobile from my recruiter to my housing specialist to my pay specialist was absolutely the most professional group of people I have ever worked with
Pros
travel, meeting new people, high pay, great benefits
Travel Nursing with AMN
Travel Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2018
As a travel nurse, the facility/unit/location in which we work changes, so your recruiter and company availability is always of the upmost importance (side note: I have to give a big shout-out to my recruiter, Killian Serrano, and would recommend her to any new travel nurses).

My current contract is the first in which I have had company-arranged housing, and I am very pleased. The housing department set me up with all the specifications I asked for; although, I don't generally ask for much (I asked for a place by the water, and they put me across the street from the bay-- perfect location!).

This is also based on my personal experience with AMN, but I have not had to talk to anyone other than my recruiter about anything-- everything has been taken care of for me. It feels like I have a personal assistant at times, which is kinda awesome. Again, this may be specific to my recruiter.

AMN also has a comprehensive and useful online portal for their travel nurses, which definitely comes in handy. The online portal allows you to submit any HR/Payroll documentation, get some free CEU's, review benefits, search open travel assignments, and a bunch of other things.

Another benefit to AMN is their large network. In addition to contracts available through AMN's website (americanmobile.com), your profile can also carry over to OnwardHealthCare.com (primarily short-term contracts, 2-8 weeks in length) and NurseFinders.com (a per diem staffing agency with offices throughout the country).
Pros
Excellent (and affordable) Benefits, Comprehensive Online Portal, Free CEU's through RN.com, Large Network for Flexible Contracts
Cons
Bi-Weekly Pay (Varies w/ Contract), No 401k or Retirement Plan, $250 Maximum Travel Reimbursement (Traveling 1, 700 miles costs a bit more)
Very good company
Registered Nurse (RN). Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 2, 2018
I have been with AMN for more then 1 year. I have found them to be flexible and willing to deal. I have negotiated pay at times and find that my recruiter is Very Honest and willing to work with and for me. I intend to remain with AMN for as long as possible.
I enjoy being a travel nurse for my flexibility in where and when I choose to work.. It allows me to not become involved in any one hospital’s politics or problems. I always say that no mater where I go... it’s only 13 weeks. However I always end up extending because my assignments have all been great.
Pros
Flexible and honest
Cons
Frequent moving around
Fantastic Company Culture
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
Everyday I help traveling nurses find their next opportunity to build their resumes and seek some adventure! I love helping people and traveling so it is a good fit for my personality and the career growth opportunities are endless. The work place culture is engaging, fun and competitive! Management is supportive and want to help you book your clinicians. Overall, I have worked for several companies and American Mobile has figured out the work life balance, benefits, and the support to bring out the best in your abilities.
Pros
Fun, Competitive, and Engaging work environment.
Cons
None so far
Great Company
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
Great Company to Travel with as a beginning or experienced nurse. Great housing and promptness with assignments to balance work and family life. The recruiters are nursing friendly.
Travel Nursing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 8, 2018
With only one travel assignment worked, I do not have much to compare against. American Mobile provided me the opportunity to complete my goal of finishing a travel assignment.
Nursing Travel Agency
RN - Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 7, 2018
My recruiter worked really hard for me and always found me the job I was ultimately after. Some jobs paid better than others, but that's just the way it goes.
Pros
Great if you like travel nursing.
Cons
Eduucation on other ways to do things.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
A nice place to work. A good way to make friends across the country. A way to work with different nationalities. Learning new ways to do things.the company was always welling to help you find new assignments. I wanted to go across the USA. I started in Texas and went to the east coast and then went to the west coast. I had many good experiences. I had staff and Drs. So glad to see you they were willing to help and answer questions.
Pros
Offered good job opportunies
Cons
Traveling across country.
travel company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 25, 2018
worked for them for 5 years, made good money and received multiple bonuses. Got a lot of experience in multiple areas. Enjoyed the constantly changing areas, did my contracts around the holidays and took off a month for Christmas and a month in July.
Pros
constant change
Great company
RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2018
Very helpful with all aspects of finding a great travel RN position that suited my needs. Recruiter was attentive and responsive and every person I contacted in each department went above in beyond to address my questions and concerns.
workplace culture
Travel ER RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
It was a travel job and I loved it. It was in the days before compact licenses therefore you had to have a license for each state. I had the pleasure of working in several different places and enjoyed it very much. The company was very supportive
Fun to travel around the US
Rehab Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Loved travel and meeting other travel nurses. Worked 12 hr shifts mostly. Sometimes met other travelers I would room with. Sometimes worked extra shifts and sometimes preferred not to. Great insurance options.
Pros
Benefits and travel
Cons
Sometimes had the sickest pt or were sent to another floor at last minute.
I am on my third contract with American Mobile
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 13, 2018
American Mobile is a great company to work with! Since they are such a large company, they have the most job postings at any given time. My recruiter, Molly, has always found me a position where I want to be before other companies have. I also love the fact that they match your contribution to your retirement once you've worked with them for a year!
Pros
Many great resources, approachable staff ready to help you
Cons
Changes in my contract once I arrive to the job
Professional and fast work placement. Supportive recruiter.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy traveling with AMN because I get my contracts quickly and at my desired locations. My recruiter, Steph, is very efficient, excellent problem solver and very supportive. It makes a huge difference. I really enjoy travel nursing in general and AMN has opened the doors of opportunity to many amazing places. Since working as a traveler I "make rounds " and return to my places of previous contracts for new contracts, which makes it less stressful for me. I also enjoy discovering new places.
Pros
Jobs, jobs, jobs!
Cons
I wish I had more comprehensive and cheap health insurance and paid vacation and sick time off.
Travel nurse
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 8, 2018
The only company I worked for as a travel nurse and the jobs were ok, depending on your location and recruiter. Some locations were well paying, others weren’t.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.