American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Rn
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2018
Has been my least favorite company to travel with. Recruiters seem to rotate faster than ICU nurses. I never had the same recruiter from one assignment to the next. There's was not an easy system to navigate when you had an issue.
Horrible is the only word to describe them
Travel Dialysis Tech (Current Employee) –  Their office is in CaliforniaOctober 19, 2018
Just look into other agencies. It won’t be hard to find one better the American Mobile. It only took me a day to find a better one. They are out to take as much money from you as they can.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent liars who don’t know what they are doing
Loved the traveling experience.
Instrument Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
Loved the traveling experience. 8 hour work day. I had my first traveling experience and first time working at a Children's Hospital. I loved the management team. I thoroughly enjoyed working at a Children's Hospital. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family and seeing sick kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pleasant group of coworkers I got to work with and the happy work atmosphere in general of the whole hospital.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling away from my family
I love working for AMH
CST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Having been a traveler for different agencies, I ave to say I love Americal Mobile Healthcare. I was immediately assigned to a recruiter, the entire process was expidited and I was quickly placed on an assignment.
Well paying travel company if you know what you’re worth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  VariedSeptember 29, 2018
It seems as though there is a lot of turnover here in terms of recruiters. I had one who was quite good who responded promptly and I felt like worked hard for me. I had others who would need to be reminded my background and specialty. When speaking with other travel nurses it seemed like AM offered the most competitive salaries and had the most jobs available.
Productive and fun workplace
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
The culture at American Mobile Healthcare is great. No matter your position, everyone cares about your success. There are fun events that also make it so much fun to go to work. Everyone is super friendly even if you aren't on a name to name basis.
Pros
The people, food, events, great management
Cons
Nothing bad to say about this company
Great Company to Work for
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
This is a very comfortable company to work for. I have enjoyed my time that I have been working here and I have been welcomed very easily into this company
Good
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2018
Certified surgical technologist. The facilities that you go to work you to the bone especially when they know your a traveler and they can end your contract any day. You learn a lot and do you do a lot outside your scope of practice. Its a good thing and bad thing. Just have to find a balance.
Pros
Housing
Cons
No sick time or vacation time
Good RN oppotunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
I am very thankful for the job opportunities AMN has given me. If not for this agency until now i would still be waiting for job opportunities even from small hospitals.
Pros
Flexible schedule, food allowance, travel allowance
Great staff. Good assignments. Supportive. Great pay
Critical Care Rn (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
Excellent pay, good assignments, learning environments. Prompt response to find assignments. Quick to find new assignments. Friendly, easy to work with. Great teaching experiences in the assignments.
Pros
Friendly staff, find great opportunities for RNs
Lacks followup
RN (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 29, 2018
If not assignments shes pushing, doesnt follow up finding anything in area of your choice. Would have loved to continue working with AM, but continuity of flow with leaving one contract and flowing right into another wasnt able to be managed.
Great relationship with my recruiter
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2018
Have loved working with this company. AMN gives me flexibility to move just about anywhere in the US (places that I get to pick!). Been with them for 5 contracts and counting.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
fair
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I prefer not to participate in this summation of review. I feel not a professional. My opinion does not matter. I have been placed in poor areas to lodge and work not by choice but by selection of my case manager.
Helpful when getting your assignments
Travel Nurse-OR circulator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Always helpful in finding your next assignment. Ease in getting a contract signed and provides explanation. Always had payroll correct. Recruiter was always available.
Terrible recruiters
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
From recruiter to preemployment support these are Californians in the worst sense. Snarky, condescending, dishonest, a real nightmare to negotiate with. Good luck getting them to work with states other California. You will be left with opportunities at the worst rated facilities in your state. Just check for yourself before you ever apply. There are much better options for the high demand respect a RN deserves. This company needs to remember recruiters are unliscensed and low demand and healthcare providers are why they are even in business.
Pros
Industry average compensation
Cons
Poor support and attitude from start to finish
Job review
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 31, 2018
Found a position that was guaranteed 36 hours a week. Nice Management and staff to work with. The management works with your schedule and time off needs. Also very fair in room assignments.
Love the people
Senior Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
The people that I work with makes my job worth while. Even if I am having a stressful day there will always be someone to say something to put a smile on my face.
Great company to work with
MED/SURG TELE RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2018
Recruiters are great to work with, informative and always working to find a good fit for you. They are also clear and concise in the package breakdown. No complicated pay packages.
enjoyable
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed finding new contracts and experiencing new NICU's. My nurse recruiter was wonderful and easy to work with. I would recommend working with them.
Good experience
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 25, 2018
Good experience so far. My recruiter works hard to place me in an appropriate assignment and does not force jobs I don’t feel fit me. She is always checking in to see how I am doing and seems to genuinely care about if I like my assignments
Pros
Decent pay, good insurance
Cons
No paid vacation or sick time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.