American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Helpful when getting your assignments
Travel Nurse-OR circulator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Always helpful in finding your next assignment. Ease in getting a contract signed and provides explanation. Always had payroll correct. Recruiter was always available.
Terrible recruiters
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
From recruiter to preemployment support these are Californians in the worst sense. Snarky, condescending, dishonest, a real nightmare to negotiate with. Good luck getting them to work with states other California. You will be left with opportunities at the worst rated facilities in your state. Just check for yourself before you ever apply. There are much better options for the high demand respect a RN deserves. This company needs to remember recruiters are unliscensed and low demand and healthcare providers are why they are even in business.
Pros
Industry average compensation
Cons
Poor support and attitude from start to finish
Job review
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 31, 2018
Found a position that was guaranteed 36 hours a week. Nice Management and staff to work with. The management works with your schedule and time off needs. Also very fair in room assignments.
Love the people
Senior Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
The people that I work with makes my job worth while. Even if I am having a stressful day there will always be someone to say something to put a smile on my face.
Great company to work with
MED/SURG TELE RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2018
Recruiters are great to work with, informative and always working to find a good fit for you. They are also clear and concise in the package breakdown. No complicated pay packages.
enjoyable
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed finding new contracts and experiencing new NICU's. My nurse recruiter was wonderful and easy to work with. I would recommend working with them.
Good experience
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 25, 2018
Good experience so far. My recruiter works hard to place me in an appropriate assignment and does not force jobs I don’t feel fit me. She is always checking in to see how I am doing and seems to genuinely care about if I like my assignments
Pros
Decent pay, good insurance
Cons
No paid vacation or sick time
Travel Nurse
Registered Nurse, Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Competitive travel nurse company. Company is as good as it's recruiters. I had an excellent recruiter that routinely made herself available and was quick to return a call or email.
Pros
Have contracts with multiple health care organizations
Cons
Must be good at negotiating for self
Travel company
Rachael, RN (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 17, 2018
They were my first company to travel with and it was ok. No complaints. The worked hard to get the housing and travel reimbursement done. So no complaints
Pros
Saw new places
Cons
short time to travel to next job
Fun place to travel with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
When traveling, AMN has access to more jobs than other companies I have inquired about. Make sure to negotiate. All salaries and benefits like housing ARE negotiable to some extent. Don’t just accept what they offer. Great staff and loved my manager.
Pros
Lots of travel positions
Cons
Need to negotiate salary and benefits
Large selection of assignments
RN (Current Employee) –  variesJuly 13, 2018
Large selection of assignments to choose from. Some problems with communication and with credentialing for assignments. Pay is not as good as other agencies.
Too much stress from assignment to assignment
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 9, 2018
Every time I started a new assignment there was some sort of stressful event. Whether it be sketchy or dirty housing set up or difficulties with timecards. Also traveling every 13 weeks means you are always new and don't always have an opportunity to make close friends, which can be isolating.
Pros
Travel to new places and get paid to do it
Cons
Stressful and isolating
largest travel agency
GI Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
I;ve been with the company for 5 years now. They have significantly improved with their compensation and benefit package. I also noticed the improved customer service and error resolution. It makes me want to stay with them longer.
Pros
flexible market
Cons
exclusive contracts at sub-par facilities
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 29, 2018
The company is very good however the hospital facility was limited in their orientation and were not very welcoming to me.
The company was very pushy in wanting me to go to that hospital however the hospital had many travel nurses and also had a union for the nurses who currently worked there. Therefore the union nurses sat around and did very little work, while the travel nurses took care of all the patients on the unit. I would never want to travel to a hospital thats unionized because travel nurses are treated very poorly.
Pros
Cons
lack of autonomy
The best experience i could've had
Traveler surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2018
Everyone I worked with at American Mobile from my recruiter to my housing specialist to my pay specialist was absolutely the most professional group of people I have ever worked with
Pros
travel, meeting new people, high pay, great benefits
Travel Nursing with AMN
Travel Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2018
As a travel nurse, the facility/unit/location in which we work changes, so your recruiter and company availability is always of the upmost importance (side note: I have to give a big shout-out to my recruiter, Killian Serrano, and would recommend her to any new travel nurses).

My current contract is the first in which I have had company-arranged housing, and I am very pleased. The housing department set me up with all the specifications I asked for; although, I don't generally ask for much (I asked for a place by the water, and they put me across the street from the bay-- perfect location!).

This is also based on my personal experience with AMN, but I have not had to talk to anyone other than my recruiter about anything-- everything has been taken care of for me. It feels like I have a personal assistant at times, which is kinda awesome. Again, this may be specific to my recruiter.

AMN also has a comprehensive and useful online portal for their travel nurses, which definitely comes in handy. The online portal allows you to submit any HR/Payroll documentation, get some free CEU's, review benefits, search open travel assignments, and a bunch of other things.

Another benefit to AMN is their large network. In addition to contracts available through AMN's website (americanmobile.com), your profile can also carry over to OnwardHealthCare.com (primarily short-term contracts, 2-8 weeks in length) and NurseFinders.com (a per diem staffing agency with offices throughout the country).
Pros
Excellent (and affordable) Benefits, Comprehensive Online Portal, Free CEU's through RN.com, Large Network for Flexible Contracts
Cons
Bi-Weekly Pay (Varies w/ Contract), No 401k or Retirement Plan, $250 Maximum Travel Reimbursement (Traveling 1, 700 miles costs a bit more)
Very good company
Registered Nurse (RN). Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 2, 2018
I have been with AMN for more then 1 year. I have found them to be flexible and willing to deal. I have negotiated pay at times and find that my recruiter is Very Honest and willing to work with and for me. I intend to remain with AMN for as long as possible.
I enjoy being a travel nurse for my flexibility in where and when I choose to work.. It allows me to not become involved in any one hospital’s politics or problems. I always say that no mater where I go... it’s only 13 weeks. However I always end up extending because my assignments have all been great.
Pros
Flexible and honest
Cons
Frequent moving around
Fantastic Company Culture
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
Everyday I help traveling nurses find their next opportunity to build their resumes and seek some adventure! I love helping people and traveling so it is a good fit for my personality and the career growth opportunities are endless. The work place culture is engaging, fun and competitive! Management is supportive and want to help you book your clinicians. Overall, I have worked for several companies and American Mobile has figured out the work life balance, benefits, and the support to bring out the best in your abilities.
Pros
Fun, Competitive, and Engaging work environment.
Cons
None so far
Great Company
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
Great Company to Travel with as a beginning or experienced nurse. Great housing and promptness with assignments to balance work and family life. The recruiters are nursing friendly.
Great Experience
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Company has access to multiple travel contracts, which makes it convenient to find a new assignment. The company gives access to educational materials that helps keep you updated on evidence based practice/skills.
Pros
Various Bonus Pay Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.