American Mobile Healthcare
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100

American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews for Travel Nurse

American Mobile Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fair pay based on location and specialty

Pay is good. Credentialing team and recruiters could be more responsive when they are reached out too. Once issues are resolved they move quickly with placement.

Official response from American Mobile Healthcare

August 19, 2021
Thank you for sharing your honest review with us. We strive to foster a positive experience here at AMN. If you would be open to it, I would like to discuss your feedback regarding credentialing and responsiveness. Please feel free to contact me at Julie.Purinton@amnhealthcare.com.Julie Purinton, SVP, Travel Nurse Recruitment

I thought they were great

I traveled with AMN. Alot of people like to bash AMN but they treated me fairly, I was paid extremely well and my recruiter was awesome! Give them a try, you will be glad you did!

Pros

Compensation, good recruiters

Cons

I just was with the perfect hospital

It would be very nice to have at least 2 paid sick days per contract. The guaranteed work time should be related to actually working. When everyone goes home and management insist that you stay on campus doing nothing is not really fair or productive. Also makes for unhealthy attitudes.

Pros

Awesome stipend benefits

Cons

Travelers who are paid weekly (CST’s and nurses whose agencies bargain for weekly paydays)

Travel nurse agency

This is for traveling nurse This company recruiters are professional but they tend to break the contract up into different categories and will have one manage the job assignments and then that is an account rep. I have not had a good experience with the account rep as she never replies to my questions. When I first started the recruiter did all of this and answers were easy to get. NOw not so much.

Great recruiter!

When i first ventured into the world of travel nursing, I didnt know a whole lot. I was young, adventurous, and jet-set on creating a life for myself. However, the single piece of advice I did happen to hear time and again is that your recruiter is your life line. Maybe even your best friend. And wow, did I under estimate that.Lora Deane, i hope wherever you are you can see this. You were my rock when i sought strength and my brightest light when things got dark. Im so glad I had you around!!!

Pros

Great staff/recruiters, good pay in rural areas

Cons

Low pay in hawaii

– April 30, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great connection and experience with your recruiter! Lora Deane is wonderful at what she does! At Advanced we truly believe our travelers are a part of our family. We hope to get to work with you again soon and wish you luck on wherever life takes you next!

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Ideal travel company

Company has unlimited resources in looking for travel assignments. Its flexible with lots of perks and benefits. I feel safe using AMN for the most part whenever in a travel assignment.

Love this company

Loved my the recruiter. She was always I needed her! I was always paid on time which is what we like as nurses! They work with you on where you want to go as well!

Terrible travel nursing company

Its a travel nurse company, they only care about their bottom line numbers... Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Their support staff is very unorganized, non clinical people running a poor business, but even the self explanatory seems out of their reach. Would highly not recommend! Go with cross country instead.

Professional

American Mobile is a professional organization. They worked closely with me to find a suitable match. They were always available anytime I needed them.

Great Company

Recruiter at Nurses RX is wonderful! My recruiter makes the traveling experience amazing! Travel Nursing provides opportunities to provide care in a variety of settings!

Jobs at American Mobile Healthcare

Travel Nurse positions
See more jobs

Travel and work exciting

Great company to work for. See resume for case management duties. I learned that hospitals are different in how the case management duties are carried out, and have noticed with all jobs the different management styles and what works best for me. All people were treated the same. The hardest part of the case management job would be the use of a case manager in more of a charge nurse role in some instances. I found it to be different and challenging, which I enjoyed.

good

good employer, they have been very accommodating. very pleasant to work for. they sent me on several contracts in the area. the benefits are not good. but other than that it has been good

Good company

I have been traveling with AMN for almost a year. They have been able to obtain travel contracts that meet my destination and financial needs. I would recommend them for employment opportunities in travel nursing.

Great Opportunity

I have only done travel nursing with American Mobile. The company does have mixed reviews, but I have not had a negative experience so far. I love the flexibility and opportunity of travel nursing.

Exceptional care for the traveler

My recruiter was very helpful. He kept me informed, listened to my requests for assignments and supports me from afar. Everyone is great to work with.

Travel RN

It has been a different experience. There are times when the administrative team will not divulge all the information when calling them. For example, sick leave and what it does and does not cover. It is like pulling teeth to get someone to give you all the information. Also, it is difficult to get in contact with certain departments sometimes

Great experience!

AMN was the only company I traveled with and would certainly work with them were I to travel again. The placements were good, they kept their word regarding assignments and always offered new opportunities.

Good travel company, not a lot of support

Worked about 1.5 years traveling, money was fair, good housing reimbursement, good health care. Would work for them again, but you're really on your own trying to fit in with the agency you're working for. Met a lot of nice people. Company i worked for went bankrupt and chose not to travel more.

Pros

Money, benefits, healthcare

Cons

Very much on your own

meh

Recruiter seemed to care but really only promoted what they were told. Poor coordinating with the facilities and it was always a fiasco on day one for orientation.

Cons

other travel companies paid more

Loved being a travel nurse, Recommend to any single nurse

If you have the confidence and autonomy to work on your own, this is the job for you. Great pay, get to see the world, and benefits are outstanding. You don't get involved with office politics, because you are only on assignment for minimum 3 months. You just have to have the mindset that you are doing the correct nursing skills and will never know everything about your facility (names of doctors, directions to the cafeteria, etc.). Asking questions is second nature, it's your license on the line. You will get the worst patients, just makes you a better nurse down the line.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, See the country

Cons

Not know where you'll be living in 3 months, Worst patients are assigned to you

Honesty recruiter, efficient ant timeliness in solving problems.

I would recommend or take a job with AMN any time. I was introduced to the company by my former classmate who had a good experience with AMN, I decided to try them too. It was nothing short of great experience. My recruiter especially was always working and going above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. More care than I needed.

Pros

Supportive. I did a short contract with them but helpful in all and any means.

Cons

None that I think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare American Mobile Healthcare with

Career recommendations for Travel Nurse

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • American Mobile Healthcare