American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Insurance field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2019
Best managers, co-workers and a real flexible schedule. As long as you do your work, no one bothers you. Awesome benefits package and a real good vacation allowance.
Pros
Freedom to do the job at you own pace. No micro managers either.
Cons
Some long hours depending on storms.
Good company, casual atmosphere, very aggressive work schedules
Assistant Vice President, Application Development (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 27, 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time at AMOD. You will work very hard and there are opportunities. The company is very interested in recruiting young workers and seems to be encouraging older workers to leave. The location in Amelia is not very exciting for younger workers. The drive, is not terrible but the traffic is increasing. Work-life balance is talked about but does not seem to be a priority. The dress code is casual and there are some nice amenities if you have the time to use them. The expectation is to set aggressive goals/dates and then later to exceed them. This presents opportunities but expect to put in long hours.
Pros
Opportunities exist for younger workers. Nice campus, free parking
Cons
Benefits cost has risen quickly and coverage decreased.
Customer Service Dept
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 26, 2019
Strict rules and governed by politics. Merit not the driving force behind decisions. Good mid level support staff. Supervisors are absent and managers are scary figureheads to be avoided.
Cons
schedule
Relaxed enviroment and all was great until my department was eliminated
FID (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
I worked for AMIG for decades and was a hard working employee. Unfortunately, my department was eliminated as the company exited that line of business.
Pros
advancement opportunitites for those that work hard
Cons
promotions at times only occur as friends taking care of their friends
n/a
Inside Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Decent Job
Decent Benefits
Good work/ life balance
No fairly compensated
Reactive and not proactive company
Decent management
Above average PTO given
Good perks
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Good perks such as cafe, gym, nice campus; However, middle management does not follow the mission or vision of the company, resulting in the eventual failure of the company.
Good work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 3, 2019
American Modern was a great experience. There is training available for advancement and they want you to advance. I learned quite a lot about insurance in the 2 years I was there. When I started I had no background in this field. Management is very supportive. They strive to keep moral high. You are on the phone all day taking anywhere from 50-100 calls and often dealing with upset customers and agents. The benefits and PTO were wonderful.
Pros
PTO days per year
Cons
Late hours sometimes
American Modern is an excellent place to work
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2018
American Modern is an excellent place to work. The culture has a great life/work balance and it encourages a fun atmosphere. The facility is modern and exceptional.
Great summer job.
General Laborer/On Site Salesman (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 11, 2018
American Modern is a fantastic summer job, one that allows for full time pay and hours per week. No real room for advancement in the company.

Would refer job to friend or family.
a decent place to work
Claim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 8, 2018
I enjoy my work at American Modern Insurance Company in Amelia, Ohio and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with some truly wonderful people. Thank you,
Not a horrible company to work for
Lender Service Rep. Claims (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 31, 2018
The company seems to not have great stability. Our entire department was let go, however, they were gracious enough to give us an 8 month notice before completely wiping the department out.
Great place to work at
Accounting Clerk/ Temporary (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 16, 2018
Great people, great environment to work in. Down to earth people who really care about other's. I learned a lot from working with this company the time that I did.
I no longer work for Amerian Modern
Strategic Planning Director/Assistant VP (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I no longer work for American Modern. I enjoyed my time there. I learned valuable skills and was able to apply them in my everyday tasks. I was affected by the shutdown of the Financial Institutions Division.
Great Company they do what they say they will do
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 25, 2018
I worked as a staff Adjuster, I was given all the needed tools to do my job, I had plenty of support. Great Company to work for. Very Busy and rewarding most of the time. Supervisors were helpful and knowledgeable.
company division out of business
Temporary Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 12, 2018
great work before layoff. Ensured proper application of agency policies by reviewing, classifying, coding and rating applications. Coded claims forms and mediated disputes between carriers and clients.
great
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 31, 2018
Working their was great. Great Benefits, Wonderful training experience. Couldnt have been trained better anywhere else. Highly recommend the training from there.
Great culture and management
Field Staff Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 28, 2018
Great claim position. Management provides tools to fit job done and workload is manageable. Because of small presence in my area, little opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. I wish I could work there again.

Management was fair. They had many company events, and made me feel valued as an employee. I would recommend AMIG to a friend.
If you need a job chances are they will hire you...
Ahent experience (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 9, 2018
Terrible management in customer service department. All of the superiors act like they dont know the issues going on, yet all employees are telling them. Every manager you talk to acts like they have no idea what's going on, or if they do and admit to it they don't have an answer for why they havent attempted to fix it.

American modern is all about the big picture and not the people that the big picture is built on. Seems like a terrific place at first. Dont be fooled. Superiors were literally instructing people below them to find another job, myself included, because that's how amig has always been ran: poorly.

I went through multiple supervisors and gave each one a chance to show me they were worth my time. All of them showed me they weren't reliable.

People dont quit jobs, they quit bosses.
Pros
Pto, upto
Cons
Everything else
Was a good place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2018
Typical day was working on the computer. I learned a lot about underwriting. Management was great. They treated you with respect. Work place was fun. People enjoyed being there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location