American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews in Amelia, OH

Great Place To Start In Insurance
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 3, 2019
AMIG is a great place to get your foot in the door with insurance. As you advance through customer service, they give you the chance to become a licensed insurance agent and support you through those steps. The support seems to end there, though. Once you are licensed, unless you are part of the cult culture and drink the kool aid, don't expect to advance beyond that. Sometimes even if you do, it will be years later, watching less experienced associates advance right past you, regardless of their stats/performance. The benefits are absolutely amazing, though. PTO is great since the company is based on European standards. But also don't expect to get every day that you want off since you have to get it approved or take a hit on attendance points if "time is not available" (expect to see the same people getting time off approved for high value days). Health, dental, vision, 401k match at 5%, supplemental life insurance, all reasonably priced. The standards of expectation have only gotten worse and worse requiring more responsibility on the associate without adjustment in compensation. It has become a job that is harder to meet or exceed company required expectations. Not to mention the fact that previous benefits for the department/position have been removed. It feels like they are constant revolving door and are progressively getting worse at training their associates. I now work with one of their general agents and calling or chatting with an associate for help is like pulling teeth.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management, cult culture
Official response from American Modern Insurance Group
June 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the fact that you liked our benefits program. We work hard to make sure we provide a well-built benefits package for each associate. Our goal for training licensed agents is for you to learn about the products and services that American Modern has to offer, and even once your official training is over, we are happy to provide any type of support. If you wish to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@amig.com. – Human Resources Team

Customer Service Dept
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 26, 2019
Strict rules and governed by politics. Merit not the driving force behind decisions. Good mid level support staff. Supervisors are absent and managers are scary figureheads to be avoided.
Cons
schedule
n/a
Inside Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Decent Job
Decent Benefits
Good work/ life balance
No fairly compensated
Reactive and not proactive company
Decent management
Above average PTO given
Good perks
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Good perks such as cafe, gym, nice campus; However, middle management does not follow the mission or vision of the company, resulting in the eventual failure of the company.
Good work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 3, 2019
American Modern was a great experience. There is training available for advancement and they want you to advance. I learned quite a lot about insurance in the 2 years I was there. When I started I had no background in this field. Management is very supportive. They strive to keep moral high. You are on the phone all day taking anywhere from 50-100 calls and often dealing with upset customers and agents. The benefits and PTO were wonderful.
Pros
PTO days per year
Cons
Late hours sometimes
a decent place to work
Claim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 8, 2018
I enjoy my work at American Modern Insurance Company in Amelia, Ohio and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with some truly wonderful people. Thank you,
Not a horrible company to work for
Lender Service Rep. Claims (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 31, 2018
The company seems to not have great stability. Our entire department was let go, however, they were gracious enough to give us an 8 month notice before completely wiping the department out.
Great place to work at
Accounting Clerk/ Temporary (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 16, 2018
Great people, great environment to work in. Down to earth people who really care about other's. I learned a lot from working with this company the time that I did.
I no longer work for Amerian Modern
Strategic Planning Director/Assistant VP (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I no longer work for American Modern. I enjoyed my time there. I learned valuable skills and was able to apply them in my everyday tasks. I was affected by the shutdown of the Financial Institutions Division.
Great Company they do what they say they will do
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 25, 2018
I worked as a staff Adjuster, I was given all the needed tools to do my job, I had plenty of support. Great Company to work for. Very Busy and rewarding most of the time. Supervisors were helpful and knowledgeable.
company division out of business
Temporary Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 12, 2018
great work before layoff. Ensured proper application of agency policies by reviewing, classifying, coding and rating applications. Coded claims forms and mediated disputes between carriers and clients.
great
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 31, 2018
Working their was great. Great Benefits, Wonderful training experience. Couldnt have been trained better anywhere else. Highly recommend the training from there.
Great place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. I wish I could work there again.

Management was fair. They had many company events, and made me feel valued as an employee. I would recommend AMIG to a friend.
Incoming Call Center - Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 28, 2018
I really liked my co-workers, and have a very high regard for this company.

During the tornado seasons, my team was offered unlimited overtime hour to handle the volume of client calls regarding property damages.
Pros
work atmosphere, good pay & benefits, teamwork
Cons
Having to be on the phone all day.....
Review
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 13, 2018
The company provides some advancement opportunities. It really depends on what department and what manager you get placed with. It can be luck of the draw on how your career goes.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management in Product.
Friendly employees, very relaxed work atmosphere
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 5, 2018
Beautiful campus is located in a serene area outside of town. All the employees and managers were friendly and approachable, and relatively hands-off leaving you to do your work without much supervision. The cafeteria is subsidized bringing down the cost of food--full lunch is ~$5. 13 paid holidays, and generous vacation/sick time.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria
Cons
Contractors do not have gym access
Great Training
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Great training program. Life/Work balance definitely favored the work side of the equation. I worked for them when the assigned territories were ridiculously large, I'm sure they're better now.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Very limited advancement potemtial
The company and culture are amazing. I willfully resigned only because I did not enjoy the tasks involved with the work.
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 22, 2018
American Modern is an awesome company with a great culture that wants the best for its employees. I simply did not enjoy the tasks associated with my job as a Property Claims Adjuster, so I chose to willfully resign for my own sake as well as to spare the company additional expenses in training and developing me when I felt I wouldn't like to be doing the job much longer anyway. Tony, my manager, was very understanding and wanted to ensure I was certain about my decision and offered to help in any way he could. I would recommend this company to any of my acquaintances; however, I would make sure they understood what tasks were expected beforehand.
Pros
Affordable in-house cafeteria, good salary, great company culture
Customer Service Department
Trainer & Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 20, 2018
The benefits are amazing here - lots of PTO and generous company match on retirement savings. However, the call center is poorly managed and there is a lot of favoritism and nepotism, so it is hard to advance if you don't know the right people.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
A great place to work
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The culture of American Modern was very dynamic. There were regular changes made in the time that I was there. I had plenty of opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Classes were offered, free of charge, in order to assist us in our professional careers.
Pros
Free classes, tuition reimbursement, great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location