American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Claims Adjuster

Good perks
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Good perks such as cafe, gym, nice campus; However, middle management does not follow the mission or vision of the company, resulting in the eventual failure of the company.
Great Company they do what they say they will do
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 25, 2018
I worked as a staff Adjuster, I was given all the needed tools to do my job, I had plenty of support. Great Company to work for. Very Busy and rewarding most of the time. Supervisors were helpful and knowledgeable.
Great Training
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Great training program. Life/Work balance definitely favored the work side of the equation. I worked for them when the assigned territories were ridiculously large, I'm sure they're better now.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Very limited advancement potemtial
The company and culture are amazing. I willfully resigned only because I did not enjoy the tasks involved with the work.
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 22, 2018
American Modern is an awesome company with a great culture that wants the best for its employees. I simply did not enjoy the tasks associated with my job as a Property Claims Adjuster, so I chose to willfully resign for my own sake as well as to spare the company additional expenses in training and developing me when I felt I wouldn't like to be doing the job much longer anyway. Tony, my manager, was very understanding and wanted to ensure I was certain about my decision and offered to help in any way he could. I would recommend this company to any of my acquaintances; however, I would make sure they understood what tasks were expected beforehand.
Pros
Affordable in-house cafeteria, good salary, great company culture
Liability claims supervisors are difficult to work with
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 27, 2017
During my first 5 years at American Modern the daily work was manageable and the supervisors were nice to work with. I was promoted twice during that time in the liability claims unit. Unfortunately my last supervisor pushed her way into a supervisory position by complaining about our prior supervisor. Suddenly I and others couldn't do anything right. Then a new file auditor was hired and the audits became nearly impossible to pass due to the extreme micromanagement of claim files. Compliance is now more important than employee morale in the liability claims department. The liability claims manager is not any better than the above mentioned supervisor. Workloads are heavy, morale is low and your work product has to be perfect. Mistakes are not forgotten and never forgiven
Pros
Good cafeteria and free gym onsite
Cons
Difficult supervisors to work with
Couldn't ask for much more
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
I love my job. Can I complain about some things? Yes.. Mostly only because there's not a lot of advancement opportunities because so many people have been with the company for 20+ years.
My co workers are awesome, my supervisor cares about my home life and my job life. I have expenses paid when I travel. There's lot's of opportunities to make more money if i'm willing to travel for Catastrophe duty or do extra. If you want a job where you will love what you do, but sweat your butt off in the summer climbing on roofs. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
free travel, expense accounts, salaried
Cons
hot summers, long hours