American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 3, 2019
American Modern was a great experience. There is training available for advancement and they want you to advance. I learned quite a lot about insurance in the 2 years I was there. When I started I had no background in this field. Management is very supportive. They strive to keep moral high. You are on the phone all day taking anywhere from 50-100 calls and often dealing with upset customers and agents. The benefits and PTO were wonderful.
Pros
PTO days per year
Cons
Late hours sometimes
Great place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. I wish I could work there again.

Management was fair. They had many company events, and made me feel valued as an employee. I would recommend AMIG to a friend.
Incoming Call Center - Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 28, 2018
I really liked my co-workers, and have a very high regard for this company.

During the tornado seasons, my team was offered unlimited overtime hour to handle the volume of client calls regarding property damages.
Pros
work atmosphere, good pay & benefits, teamwork
Cons
Having to be on the phone all day.....
Workplace review
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work it is very high paced and can be stressful at times. Work load can be extremely high at times due to the amount of turnover in the company however overall it is a great place to work with great benefits.
Great Work Environment but unstable company
Customer Service-Lender Based Service (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 14, 2017
Great American insurance was a very good work environment and the direct management in the department was great but the company closed the department and layed off 300 people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not good job security
CSR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Great company. Lots of politics. Benefits are great. Onsite gym and walking trail.... Great vacation package. Onsite Nurse. The culture is very cliquish.
Good employer
Lender Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work; I enjoyed my time there. The training program was very intuitive and provided employees with the background and context to succeed in their positions.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 23, 2017
During the time at American Modern Insurance Group, I worked as customer service representative. The work pace is very fast and I learned how to provide information customer is asking for with minimum time.
Out with the old and in with the new
Lending service representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102March 15, 2017
Company has declined since the buy out by munic re and has changed their direction in business. Eliminating entire departments to restructure the company to fit the new focus of revanue.
Pros
Good Benefits /health care/401k & investment plans
Cons
No job security
Great Place to be a part of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 30, 2016
Wonderful company to work for and to be a part of with awesome benefits. Insurance affordable. Great opportunities for advancement within the company.
A nice place to learn about insurance
CSR (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 24, 2015
Teammates are great and as long as you do your job, everything would be fine. you will get a lot of benefits, they have great facilities and the campus is surrounded by nature..
Pros
Is a big company
Cons
Micromanagment policy
Workplace
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 19, 2014
Fun place to work, and room for advancement. I enjoy talking to and helping customers everyday. I have learned so many more parts of the business aspect and have bettered myself as customer service representative.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 10, 2014
good company to work for enjoyed talking with our customers and enjoyed working with my peers.
Great benefits and work/ life balance
Customer Service Representative, Claims (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2014
American Modern is an exceptional company to work for. The people that I work with add to the laid-back culture. This is a company that I can have a career with, but the position is just not there for me. I am looking to gain more experience in the administrative field and to become an integral member in the company I choose to start my career with.
Pros
Cafeteria, benefits, Pto
Cons
scheduled breaks/ lunches, management