American Modern Insurance Group Management reviews

Great Place To Start In Insurance
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 3, 2019
AMIG is a great place to get your foot in the door with insurance. As you advance through customer service, they give you the chance to become a licensed insurance agent and support you through those steps. The support seems to end there, though. Once you are licensed, unless you are part of the cult culture and drink the kool aid, don't expect to advance beyond that. Sometimes even if you do, it will be years later, watching less experienced associates advance right past you, regardless of their stats/performance. The benefits are absolutely amazing, though. PTO is great since the company is based on European standards. But also don't expect to get every day that you want off since you have to get it approved or take a hit on attendance points if "time is not available" (expect to see the same people getting time off approved for high value days). Health, dental, vision, 401k match at 5%, supplemental life insurance, all reasonably priced. The standards of expectation have only gotten worse and worse requiring more responsibility on the associate without adjustment in compensation. It has become a job that is harder to meet or exceed company required expectations. Not to mention the fact that previous benefits for the department/position have been removed. It feels like they are constant revolving door and are progressively getting worse at training their associates. I now work with one of their general agents and calling or chatting with an associate for help is like pulling teeth.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management, cult culture
Official response from American Modern Insurance Group
June 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the fact that you liked our benefits program. We work hard to make sure we provide a well-built benefits package for each associate. Our goal for training licensed agents is for you to learn about the products and services that American Modern has to offer, and even once your official training is over, we are happy to provide any type of support. If you wish to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@amig.com. – Human Resources Team

Customer Service Dept
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 26, 2019
Strict rules and governed by politics. Merit not the driving force behind decisions. Good mid level support staff. Supervisors are absent and managers are scary figureheads to be avoided.
Cons
schedule
Relaxed enviroment and all was great until my department was eliminated
FID (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
I worked for AMIG for decades and was a hard working employee. Unfortunately, my department was eliminated as the company exited that line of business.
Pros
advancement opportunitites for those that work hard
Cons
promotions at times only occur as friends taking care of their friends
n/a
Inside Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Decent Job
Decent Benefits
Good work/ life balance
No fairly compensated
Reactive and not proactive company
Decent management
Above average PTO given
Good perks
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Good perks such as cafe, gym, nice campus; However, middle management does not follow the mission or vision of the company, resulting in the eventual failure of the company.
Good work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 3, 2019
American Modern was a great experience. There is training available for advancement and they want you to advance. I learned quite a lot about insurance in the 2 years I was there. When I started I had no background in this field. Management is very supportive. They strive to keep moral high. You are on the phone all day taking anywhere from 50-100 calls and often dealing with upset customers and agents. The benefits and PTO were wonderful.
Pros
PTO days per year
Cons
Late hours sometimes
Great culture and management
Field Staff Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 28, 2018
Great claim position. Management provides tools to fit job done and workload is manageable. Because of small presence in my area, little opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. I wish I could work there again.

Management was fair. They had many company events, and made me feel valued as an employee. I would recommend AMIG to a friend.
If you need a job chances are they will hire you...
Ahent experience (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 9, 2018
Terrible management in customer service department. All of the superiors act like they dont know the issues going on, yet all employees are telling them. Every manager you talk to acts like they have no idea what's going on, or if they do and admit to it they don't have an answer for why they havent attempted to fix it.

American modern is all about the big picture and not the people that the big picture is built on. Seems like a terrific place at first. Dont be fooled. Superiors were literally instructing people below them to find another job, myself included, because that's how amig has always been ran: poorly.

I went through multiple supervisors and gave each one a chance to show me they were worth my time. All of them showed me they weren't reliable.

People dont quit jobs, they quit bosses.
Pros
Pto, upto
Cons
Everything else
Was a good place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2018
Typical day was working on the computer. I learned a lot about underwriting. Management was great. They treated you with respect. Work place was fun. People enjoyed being there.
Nepotism
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2018
O the east side of Cincinnati, AMIG seems "hidden" from everyone but east side prospects and, because there are no rules against it, family members are eligible for hire even within the same departments. Whether or not it is intentional, promotions and transfers are skewed to favor relatives and friends of those in management.
Review
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 13, 2018
The company provides some advancement opportunities. It really depends on what department and what manager you get placed with. It can be luck of the draw on how your career goes.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management in Product.
Workplace review
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work it is very high paced and can be stressful at times. Work load can be extremely high at times due to the amount of turnover in the company however overall it is a great place to work with great benefits.
Great Work Environment but unstable company
Customer Service-Lender Based Service (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 14, 2017
Great American insurance was a very good work environment and the direct management in the department was great but the company closed the department and layed off 300 people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not good job security
American Modern Review
FIRST NOTICE OF LOSS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 11, 2017
At American Modern Insurance Group (AMIG for short), you are welcomed with open arms and is a great place for someone to get introduced to Insurance. I learned a lot about insurance during my time there and believe that that knowledge will help me as long as I am involved with insurance myself. Mondays and Fridays were always the busiest days of the week and on a typical day of work for me at least consisted of taking calls regularly all day and assisted customers with filing their insurance claims. I would say management there is very helpful and knowledgeable. The workplace culture is very professional and we strive to help everyone as much as possible. I would say one of the hardest parts about the job is handling the customers whenever they call in and have had a traumatic experience in their lives ( ie, tree falls on their home, they were affected by natural disasters, or were involved in an accident). I would also say that one of the most enjoyable parts about the job though is actually being able to help those customers that are in need because we were able to try and get their lives back under control when all hope feels lost for them.
Pros
Great company to be involved with
Cons
Some of the situations you have to handle are less than favorable
This si no longer a good company to work for
Policy Writer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2017
a typical day involves dealing wth people on the worst days of their lives. I learn to handle people in the worst situtaions. Management is always switching. the harderst part of the job is dealing the the high volume of claims. the most enjoyable is the people you work with
Pros
good people that are tin the same boat as you
Cons
the job
Productive with a great atomsphere
Catastrophe Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2017
Great company very relaxed, management very easy to work with. Employees are very helpful in assisting with work related matters. The company offers great benefits.
Good Job
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 2, 2017
Great job and facility. There is an on sight gym, fitness classes, cafeteria, and outdoor running trail. There are lots of college courses that are offered on campus.
Pros
Facility, management, employees, benefits
Cons
pay
Insurance Industry
Subrogation Specialist (collections) (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 6, 2017
Fast paced due to volume of claims. Team player oriented. Management does not always have the backs of their employees instead more for upper management. Stab in the back supervisors and department heads
Pros
Occassional free shirt
Easy job for temporary assignment.
Data Temp (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102April 4, 2017
The work is demanding; however, each department has a certain way of doing things. The routine assist in finishing needed work and there is a large chain of command that turns to chain of support when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location