American Modern Insurance Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Place To Start In Insurance
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 3, 2019
AMIG is a great place to get your foot in the door with insurance. As you advance through customer service, they give you the chance to become a licensed insurance agent and support you through those steps. The support seems to end there, though. Once you are licensed, unless you are part of the cult culture and drink the kool aid, don't expect to advance beyond that. Sometimes even if you do, it will be years later, watching less experienced associates advance right past you, regardless of their stats/performance. The benefits are absolutely amazing, though. PTO is great since the company is based on European standards. But also don't expect to get every day that you want off since you have to get it approved or take a hit on attendance points if "time is not available" (expect to see the same people getting time off approved for high value days). Health, dental, vision, 401k match at 5%, supplemental life insurance, all reasonably priced. The standards of expectation have only gotten worse and worse requiring more responsibility on the associate without adjustment in compensation. It has become a job that is harder to meet or exceed company required expectations. Not to mention the fact that previous benefits for the department/position have been removed. It feels like they are constant revolving door and are progressively getting worse at training their associates. I now work with one of their general agents and calling or chatting with an associate for help is like pulling teeth.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management, cult culture
Official response from American Modern Insurance Group
June 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the fact that you liked our benefits program. We work hard to make sure we provide a well-built benefits package for each associate. Our goal for training licensed agents is for you to learn about the products and services that American Modern has to offer, and even once your official training is over, we are happy to provide any type of support. If you wish to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@amig.com. – Human Resources Team

Awesome place to work
Insurance field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2019
Best managers, co-workers and a real flexible schedule. As long as you do your work, no one bothers you. Awesome benefits package and a real good vacation allowance.
Pros
Freedom to do the job at you own pace. No micro managers either.
Cons
Some long hours depending on storms.
Good company, casual atmosphere, very aggressive work schedules
Assistant Vice President, Application Development (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 27, 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time at AMOD. You will work very hard and there are opportunities. The company is very interested in recruiting young workers and seems to be encouraging older workers to leave. The location in Amelia is not very exciting for younger workers. The drive, is not terrible but the traffic is increasing. Work-life balance is talked about but does not seem to be a priority. The dress code is casual and there are some nice amenities if you have the time to use them. The expectation is to set aggressive goals/dates and then later to exceed them. This presents opportunities but expect to put in long hours.
Pros
Opportunities exist for younger workers. Nice campus, free parking
Cons
Benefits cost has risen quickly and coverage decreased.
n/a
Inside Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Decent Job
Decent Benefits
Good work/ life balance
No fairly compensated
Reactive and not proactive company
Decent management
Above average PTO given
Good work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 3, 2019
American Modern was a great experience. There is training available for advancement and they want you to advance. I learned quite a lot about insurance in the 2 years I was there. When I started I had no background in this field. Management is very supportive. They strive to keep moral high. You are on the phone all day taking anywhere from 50-100 calls and often dealing with upset customers and agents. The benefits and PTO were wonderful.
Pros
PTO days per year
Cons
Late hours sometimes
great
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 31, 2018
Working their was great. Great Benefits, Wonderful training experience. Couldnt have been trained better anywhere else. Highly recommend the training from there.
Incoming Call Center - Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 28, 2018
I really liked my co-workers, and have a very high regard for this company.

During the tornado seasons, my team was offered unlimited overtime hour to handle the volume of client calls regarding property damages.
Pros
work atmosphere, good pay & benefits, teamwork
Cons
Having to be on the phone all day.....
Review
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 13, 2018
The company provides some advancement opportunities. It really depends on what department and what manager you get placed with. It can be luck of the draw on how your career goes.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management in Product.
Friendly employees, very relaxed work atmosphere
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 5, 2018
Beautiful campus is located in a serene area outside of town. All the employees and managers were friendly and approachable, and relatively hands-off leaving you to do your work without much supervision. The cafeteria is subsidized bringing down the cost of food--full lunch is ~$5. 13 paid holidays, and generous vacation/sick time.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria
Cons
Contractors do not have gym access
The company and culture are amazing. I willfully resigned only because I did not enjoy the tasks involved with the work.
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 22, 2018
American Modern is an awesome company with a great culture that wants the best for its employees. I simply did not enjoy the tasks associated with my job as a Property Claims Adjuster, so I chose to willfully resign for my own sake as well as to spare the company additional expenses in training and developing me when I felt I wouldn't like to be doing the job much longer anyway. Tony, my manager, was very understanding and wanted to ensure I was certain about my decision and offered to help in any way he could. I would recommend this company to any of my acquaintances; however, I would make sure they understood what tasks were expected beforehand.
Pros
Affordable in-house cafeteria, good salary, great company culture
Customer Service Department
Trainer & Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 20, 2018
The benefits are amazing here - lots of PTO and generous company match on retirement savings. However, the call center is poorly managed and there is a lot of favoritism and nepotism, so it is hard to advance if you don't know the right people.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Workplace review
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work it is very high paced and can be stressful at times. Work load can be extremely high at times due to the amount of turnover in the company however overall it is a great place to work with great benefits.
A great place to work
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The culture of American Modern was very dynamic. There were regular changes made in the time that I was there. I had plenty of opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Classes were offered, free of charge, in order to assist us in our professional careers.
Pros
Free classes, tuition reimbursement, great benefits
Fast paced company
Escrow Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 26, 2017
This is a fast paced company but the work standard could allow you to meet requirements to add a bonus to your regular pay. They had a lot of company involvement in United Way. When the work load was achieved, they would have fun times with ice cream trucks, catered meals, etc as a thank you.
Pros
Mandatory overtime
Nice mid-sized company with community feel
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 25, 2017
Company has a very nice campus in Amelia, OH, a suburb of Cincinnati. They sponsor quite a few fun employee events. Very competitive PTO package, with healthcare benefits comparable to most other mid-to-large companies.

Your job and advancement depends heavily on the department and manager. Some areas have a very clear career path, while other jobs are nothing more than a stepping stone to another department. As with any job, the worst part can be a manager who does not understand, or is not interested in your development. However, plenty of room for networking and collaboration with other teams, if you have the patience to wait for the right opportunity.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Great company. Lots of politics. Benefits are great. Onsite gym and walking trail.... Great vacation package. Onsite Nurse. The culture is very cliquish.
Nice growing company.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 18, 2017
They have a great campus and well maintained buildings. There are great people there to work with. They have great benefits.
There is room to grow and many place to explore in the company.
good work place
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
I've been with AMIG(american modern insurance group), assigned to the same client, for almost 2 years. AMIG is very mom-friendly, very flexible and has great benefits. Base pay is good. Raises have been very light for the last few years of everyone but the superstars.
agent
Licensed Property & Casualty Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
I started in customer service, got licensed, and now am looking for other opportunities. There are 6 weeks of training before you start which give you a good foundation for the position. I don't think the pay is nearly what it should be, hence why most people leave once becoming licensed.
Productive with a great atomsphere
Catastrophe Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2017
Great company very relaxed, management very easy to work with. Employees are very helpful in assisting with work related matters. The company offers great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location