American Modern Insurance Group Employee Review

View all American Modern Insurance Group reviews

American Modern Review
FIRST NOTICE OF LOSS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 11, 2017
At American Modern Insurance Group (AMIG for short), you are welcomed with open arms and is a great place for someone to get introduced to Insurance. I learned a lot about insurance during my time there and believe that that knowledge will help me as long as I am involved with insurance myself. Mondays and Fridays were always the busiest days of the week and on a typical day of work for me at least consisted of taking calls regularly all day and assisted customers with filing their insurance claims. I would say management there is very helpful and knowledgeable. The workplace culture is very professional and we strive to help everyone as much as possible. I would say one of the hardest parts about the job is handling the customers whenever they call in and have had a traumatic experience in their lives ( ie, tree falls on their home, they were affected by natural disasters, or were involved in an accident). I would also say that one of the most enjoyable parts about the job though is actually being able to help those customers that are in need because we were able to try and get their lives back under control when all hope feels lost for them.
Pros
Great company to be involved with
Cons
Some of the situations you have to handle are less than favorable

Other American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Insurance field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2019
Best managers, co-workers and a real flexible schedule. As long as you do your work, no one bothers you. Awesome benefits package and a real good vacation allowance.
Pros
Freedom to do the job at you own pace. No micro managers either.
Cons
Some long hours depending on storms.
Churn and Burn
Property and Casualty Field Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2019
Management was willing to let someone go within 8 days due to performance and taking to long. You can't master all the systems and software within 8 days. 23 different log in's were created and every claim situation is different, no leniency for new hires, you either master it very quickly or your out and they will hire someone else and give them a shot. Was 5 others before me and I bet many more to come.
Pros
Good benefits, starting salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location