American Modern Insurance Group Employee Review

View all American Modern Insurance Group reviews

A great place to work.
OCR Operator I (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 2, 2016
Aside from them eliminating the department I was in, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AMIG. They have great benefits and are always doing activities to make you feel appreciated. I have never worked anywhere that had so many activities to participate in. I am heartbroken over the elimination of my department. I truly thought I would retire there.
Pros
Great Benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
elimination of my entire department

Other American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Place To Start In Insurance
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 3, 2019
AMIG is a great place to get your foot in the door with insurance. As you advance through customer service, they give you the chance to become a licensed insurance agent and support you through those steps. The support seems to end there, though. Once you are licensed, unless you are part of the cult culture and drink the kool aid, don't expect to advance beyond that. Sometimes even if you do, it will be years later, watching less experienced associates advance right past you, regardless of their stats/performance. The benefits are absolutely amazing, though. PTO is great since the company is based on European standards. But also don't expect to get every day that you want off since you have to get it approved or take a hit on attendance points if "time is not available" (expect to see the same people getting time off approved for high value days). Health, dental, vision, 401k match at 5%, supplemental life insurance, all reasonably priced. The standards of expectation have only gotten worse and worse requiring more responsibility on the associate without adjustment in compensation. It has become a job that is harder to meet or exceed company required expectations. Not to mention the fact that previous benefits for the department/position have been removed. It feels like they are constant revolving door and are progressively getting worse at training their associates. I now work with one of their general agents and calling or chatting with an associate for help is like pulling teeth.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management, cult culture
Official response from American Modern Insurance Group
June 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the fact that you liked our benefits program. We work hard to make sure we provide a well-built benefits package for each associate. Our goal for training licensed agents is for you to learn about the products and services that American Modern has to offer, and even once your official training is over, we are happy to provide any type of support. If you wish to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@amig.com. – Human Resources Team

Awesome place to work
Insurance field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2019
Best managers, co-workers and a real flexible schedule. As long as you do your work, no one bothers you. Awesome benefits package and a real good vacation allowance.
Pros
Freedom to do the job at you own pace. No micro managers either.
Cons
Some long hours depending on storms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location