American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Incoming Call Center - Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 28, 2018
I really liked my co-workers, and have a very high regard for this company.

During the tornado seasons, my team was offered unlimited overtime hour to handle the volume of client calls regarding property damages.
Pros
work atmosphere, good pay & benefits, teamwork
Cons
Having to be on the phone all day.....
Review
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 13, 2018
The company provides some advancement opportunities. It really depends on what department and what manager you get placed with. It can be luck of the draw on how your career goes.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management in Product.
Friendly employees, very relaxed work atmosphere
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 5, 2018
Beautiful campus is located in a serene area outside of town. All the employees and managers were friendly and approachable, and relatively hands-off leaving you to do your work without much supervision. The cafeteria is subsidized bringing down the cost of food--full lunch is ~$5. 13 paid holidays, and generous vacation/sick time.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria
Cons
Contractors do not have gym access
considering response
Senior Commercial Underwriter/supervisor (Current Employee) –  cincinnatiMarch 11, 2018
Maintains a high level of customer service.
◦ Analyzes coverage and limit requests and decides what terms to offer.
◦ Prices business in accordance with company guidelines.
◦ Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and initiates appropriate loss prevention actions.
◦ Orders and screens miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such as Motor Vehicle reports, loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
• Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
• Visits agents, brokers and producers in order to retain existing accounts, build and maintain business relationships and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
• Interprets, explains and markets products and services.
• Applies underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
• May provide guidance and assistance to lower level associates.
Great when it was The Midland Company
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
very poor morale as non-millennial workers' positions were "eliminated"; a lot of learning took place there that helped me in future positions; supportive of continuous professional growth
Job could have been better.
Staff Field Adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2018
Was fun at first, then the original company was sold. The company culture and atmosphere changed. Good managers were forced to retire. High turnover rate caused territories to increase creating more windshield time. Requests for assistance from managers was overlooked making claim volume hard to handle and still achieve company goals. Annual pay increase not enough to cover the cost of living expense.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Pay not competitive, additional duties along with large territories for the same pay made work stressful
Great Training
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Great training program. Life/Work balance definitely favored the work side of the equation. I worked for them when the assigned territories were ridiculously large, I'm sure they're better now.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Very limited advancement potemtial
The company and culture are amazing. I willfully resigned only because I did not enjoy the tasks involved with the work.
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 22, 2018
American Modern is an awesome company with a great culture that wants the best for its employees. I simply did not enjoy the tasks associated with my job as a Property Claims Adjuster, so I chose to willfully resign for my own sake as well as to spare the company additional expenses in training and developing me when I felt I wouldn't like to be doing the job much longer anyway. Tony, my manager, was very understanding and wanted to ensure I was certain about my decision and offered to help in any way he could. I would recommend this company to any of my acquaintances; however, I would make sure they understood what tasks were expected beforehand.
Pros
Affordable in-house cafeteria, good salary, great company culture
Customer Service Department
Trainer & Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 20, 2018
The benefits are amazing here - lots of PTO and generous company match on retirement savings. However, the call center is poorly managed and there is a lot of favoritism and nepotism, so it is hard to advance if you don't know the right people.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Workplace review
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work it is very high paced and can be stressful at times. Work load can be extremely high at times due to the amount of turnover in the company however overall it is a great place to work with great benefits.
A great place to work
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The culture of American Modern was very dynamic. There were regular changes made in the time that I was there. I had plenty of opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Classes were offered, free of charge, in order to assist us in our professional careers.
Pros
Free classes, tuition reimbursement, great benefits
Great Work Environment but unstable company
Customer Service-Lender Based Service (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 14, 2017
Great American insurance was a very good work environment and the direct management in the department was great but the company closed the department and layed off 300 people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not good job security
American Modern Review
FIRST NOTICE OF LOSS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 11, 2017
At American Modern Insurance Group (AMIG for short), you are welcomed with open arms and is a great place for someone to get introduced to Insurance. I learned a lot about insurance during my time there and believe that that knowledge will help me as long as I am involved with insurance myself. Mondays and Fridays were always the busiest days of the week and on a typical day of work for me at least consisted of taking calls regularly all day and assisted customers with filing their insurance claims. I would say management there is very helpful and knowledgeable. The workplace culture is very professional and we strive to help everyone as much as possible. I would say one of the hardest parts about the job is handling the customers whenever they call in and have had a traumatic experience in their lives ( ie, tree falls on their home, they were affected by natural disasters, or were involved in an accident). I would also say that one of the most enjoyable parts about the job though is actually being able to help those customers that are in need because we were able to try and get their lives back under control when all hope feels lost for them.
Pros
Great company to be involved with
Cons
Some of the situations you have to handle are less than favorable
Fast paced company
Escrow Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 26, 2017
This is a fast paced company but the work standard could allow you to meet requirements to add a bonus to your regular pay. They had a lot of company involvement in United Way. When the work load was achieved, they would have fun times with ice cream trucks, catered meals, etc as a thank you.
Pros
Mandatory overtime
Nice mid-sized company with community feel
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 25, 2017
Company has a very nice campus in Amelia, OH, a suburb of Cincinnati. They sponsor quite a few fun employee events. Very competitive PTO package, with healthcare benefits comparable to most other mid-to-large companies.

Your job and advancement depends heavily on the department and manager. Some areas have a very clear career path, while other jobs are nothing more than a stepping stone to another department. As with any job, the worst part can be a manager who does not understand, or is not interested in your development. However, plenty of room for networking and collaboration with other teams, if you have the patience to wait for the right opportunity.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Great company. Lots of politics. Benefits are great. Onsite gym and walking trail.... Great vacation package. Onsite Nurse. The culture is very cliquish.
This si no longer a good company to work for
Policy Writer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2017
a typical day involves dealing wth people on the worst days of their lives. I learn to handle people in the worst situtaions. Management is always switching. the harderst part of the job is dealing the the high volume of claims. the most enjoyable is the people you work with
Pros
good people that are tin the same boat as you
Cons
the job
Nice growing company.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 18, 2017
They have a great campus and well maintained buildings. There are great people there to work with. They have great benefits.
There is room to grow and many place to explore in the company.
Good employer
Lender Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work; I enjoyed my time there. The training program was very intuitive and provided employees with the background and context to succeed in their positions.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 23, 2017
During the time at American Modern Insurance Group, I worked as customer service representative. The work pace is very fast and I learned how to provide information customer is asking for with minimum time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location