American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 23, 2017
During the time at American Modern Insurance Group, I worked as customer service representative. The work pace is very fast and I learned how to provide information customer is asking for with minimum time.
no review
Licensed Agent I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2017
I do not wish to review this job as it may impact my current position in the company. this review should not be considered an endorsement or a discredit to the company.
good work place
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
I've been with AMIG(american modern insurance group), assigned to the same client, for almost 2 years. AMIG is very mom-friendly, very flexible and has great benefits. Base pay is good. Raises have been very light for the last few years of everyone but the superstars.
agent
Licensed Property & Casualty Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
I started in customer service, got licensed, and now am looking for other opportunities. There are 6 weeks of training before you start which give you a good foundation for the position. I don't think the pay is nearly what it should be, hence why most people leave once becoming licensed.
Productive with a great atomsphere
Catastrophe Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2017
Great company very relaxed, management very easy to work with. Employees are very helpful in assisting with work related matters. The company offers great benefits.
Love the culture, job is stressful
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 22, 2017
The people and bosses make this job. Good benefits, but highly stressful right now. Huge transformation and a little understaffed to meet the deadlines.
Pros
Benefits, People, Gym
Cons
Pay, Pressure
Good Job
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 2, 2017
Great job and facility. There is an on sight gym, fitness classes, cafeteria, and outdoor running trail. There are lots of college courses that are offered on campus.
Pros
Facility, management, employees, benefits
Cons
pay
people are not ver nice
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
Very hard place for new employees. You have one responsibility and if you want to take on more they do not let you. The job I had was very boring and I had time and energy to take on more.
It was a very nice place to work.
Rater 1 (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHMay 6, 2017
It was a very nice place to work. The people were very kind and even though I was just a Temporary worker it didn't matter to them. They treated me like I was a regular employee. They do very well in training you for your position that you are suppose to do.
Pros
It was real close to my home and it was full time.
Cons
It was just a job through a temp service.
Insurance Industry
Subrogation Specialist (collections) (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 6, 2017
Fast paced due to volume of claims. Team player oriented. Management does not always have the backs of their employees instead more for upper management. Stab in the back supervisors and department heads
Pros
Occassional free shirt
Easy job for temporary assignment.
Data Temp (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102April 4, 2017
The work is demanding; however, each department has a certain way of doing things. The routine assist in finishing needed work and there is a large chain of command that turns to chain of support when needed.
great company
Contract Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Company made decision to get out of the lender placed industry. Laid off 400-500 out of 1500 employees in the Batavia location.
Out with the old and in with the new
Lending service representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102March 15, 2017
Company has declined since the buy out by munic re and has changed their direction in business. Eliminating entire departments to restructure the company to fit the new focus of revanue.
Pros
Good Benefits /health care/401k & investment plans
Cons
No job security
Liability claims supervisors are difficult to work with
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 27, 2017
During my first 5 years at American Modern the daily work was manageable and the supervisors were nice to work with. I was promoted twice during that time in the liability claims unit. Unfortunately my last supervisor pushed her way into a supervisory position by complaining about our prior supervisor. Suddenly I and others couldn't do anything right. Then a new file auditor was hired and the audits became nearly impossible to pass due to the extreme micromanagement of claim files. Compliance is now more important than employee morale in the liability claims department. The liability claims manager is not any better than the above mentioned supervisor. Workloads are heavy, morale is low and your work product has to be perfect. Mistakes are not forgotten and never forgiven
Pros
Good cafeteria and free gym onsite
Cons
Difficult supervisors to work with
Nice !!
Product Intern (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Wonderful Place to work. Friendly work environment. Flexible hours. Many team building activities. Invests in time and money in their employees.
Pros
The culture, cafeteria and the gym
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 6, 2017
I was a contract worker at American Modern Insurance Group. The work was interesting, the contract workers were treated well, and they encouraged us to apply for internal positions. However, AMIG closed the FID division I worked in, and laid off 300+ permanent employees, which meant they were no longer considering contract workers for permanent employment.
Pros
Treated well, subsidized cafeteria, and fitness center
Cons
AMIG closed the FID division laying off hundreds of employees
Enjoyable workplace / culture
Senior Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Company focuses on employee needs, recognizing that employee satisfaction is a great motivator to customer-driven results.
Downward Spiral
No answer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 11, 2017
This used to be a great company to work for, but they are going through a metamorphosis from top to bottom. I can't speak for home office environment, but the employees in the field/remote are feeling the drastic changes in corporate mantra.

There is something patently wrong with companies that emphasize volume, at the expense of quality...especially in an industry where personal customer service is so crucial. This can usually be felt by the employees as it is with clients, though not necessarily buy everyone, contingent in their respective role in the company.

They are quite below the curve in compensation packages, and this was exacerbated by a recent deduction in employee benefits. This business model panders to shareholders, rather than the employees who, by most measures, are the catalysts for a positive (or negative) experience with the clients, the insureds. The current trajectory of the corporation is driven by one factor alone, which is profitably. Depending on your vantage point, this can be enticing, or disconcerting. If you're the former, this means you're an executive, and conversely, the latter encompasses everyone else. But even if you're an executive, don't be lured by the possibilities, because the laws of physics still apply...ergo, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. This is evidenced by the discord with employees outside of the home office, at least.
Pros
You're employed
Cons
Zero work/life balance, rapidly dissipating compensation from an existing subpar one, and the facade of caring about work excellence, when the diving force is financial.
Excellent place to work. Very kind when discontinued position.
Client Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 10, 2017
I worked here two years and was very happy working for the company. The management is very proactive and they have a positive work culture and good benefits. They are highly focused on higher education/learning.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym on site.
Cons
Eliminated my department.
Fun place to work, great employees
Deskside Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 28, 2016
American Modern Insurance Group (aka AMIG) is owned by a German company MunichRe. American Modern Insurance Group is a fun place to work with nice and polite employees. The work environment is relaxed and casual and you are able to "dress for your day" which means jeans for most employees (no t-shirts).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location