American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
OCR Operator I (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 2, 2016
Aside from them eliminating the department I was in, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AMIG. They have great benefits and are always doing activities to make you feel appreciated. I have never worked anywhere that had so many activities to participate in. I am heartbroken over the elimination of my department. I truly thought I would retire there.
Pros
Great Benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
elimination of my entire department
Great Place to be a part of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 30, 2016
Wonderful company to work for and to be a part of with awesome benefits. Insurance affordable. Great opportunities for advancement within the company.
Very good place to work
Team Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 28, 2016
American Modern Insurance Company is a great place to work. They offer a great compensation package as well as competitive wages. I work in the OCR Department of Ameritrac as a Team Lead. We have a great close-knit department who work together as a team to accomplish daily tasks. I truly care about the associates in our department and will really miss them when I am no longer a part of this team.
Enjoyable environment
OCR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 19, 2016
Worked 6 hour shift doing Data entry, Management was really nice, some co-workers could be a nuisance, but most were extremely friendly, the job could get incredibly tedious at times, but you were granted a good amount of privacy and freedom to do your job
Pros
Friendly co-workers, laid back environment
Cons
Tedious work
Good Place to Work
Client Services and Billing (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 18, 2016
It is a good place to work, filled with very nice people and the benefits are excellent. Would recommend American Modern to anyone.
Great Company
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 18, 2016
This call center uses many sources of measure and offers many resources to accomplish your personal goals. Overall a great experience.
Pros
Holiday time is the best in the industry
Cons
Micromanaging
13 Years in Organization
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 4, 2016
I was able to work hard and develop from a call center associate to a management team member in my 13+ year career with the organization.
Overview
Underwriter for the flood team (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 1, 2016
We spoke to team lead Buck.
he lined out policies for us to QC,
We also had different assignments when we needed to trouble shoot the policy for inconsistencies.. Make recommendations for corrections on policies not in compliance.
Loved the job .. Great environment to work at..
Pros
Best group of people I ever worked with
Cons
That we were scheduled to get interviews for permanent positions but were layed off
A good place to gain experience
Professional (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 1, 2016
Not the place to be over the long run. Internal opportunities are based upon politics and "who you know" rather than upon performance. There is way too much emphasis on catering to millennials. If you are a seasoned professional, take your valuable experience elsewhere. You will not ever be appreciated here.
Pros
Decent cafeteria
Cons
Salaries for professional level people are not competitive.
Moving into the Future
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 18, 2016
The company has had difficulty in the past but is working to move into the digital age. There is a pressure to innovate, but management is unwilling to change current processes. Lots of pressure to meet corporate demands.
Closiing down the division I work for.
Application Developer III/OCR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 15, 2016
Support for OCR system working with the OCR group and management on changes we can make to improve performance and accuracy of the OCR system.

Learned the OCRforANYDOC software and Visual Basic programming using Visual Studio 2010.

Worked daily with the management group and OCR group on new development.

Co-worker and I worked closely on overseeing any changes and new development assigned to him.

Enjoy solving problems and working closely with others.

Not always having the tools necessary to do the job.
Pros
Enjoy solving problems and working closely with others.
Cons
Not always having the tools necessary to do the job.
Family friendly environment with a great career path for all associates. Open to new ideas for improvement.
Call Center Manager II (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHMay 3, 2016
I typical day at the office was opening the day with greeting my staff, identifying who will be out that day and what action is needed to meet the service levels for the day. Late morning I conducted a stand-up meeting with all Supervisors to talk about the previous day's challenges and the plan for the current day. This meeting also included workforce management. Throughout the day was meetings to identify issues, new ideas, etc. and create action plans. Our management team worked very closely together to ensure the success of our department resulting in the success of our customer service to the clients. The hardest part of the job would be keeping our staffing where we needed it to be. Turnover was very low with losing associates to performance/attendance issues. It was high in losing people to promotions in other departments. Our company had seasonal spikes due to the products we insured so staying ahead of the curve was challenging at times. What I liked most about the job was multiple things. The environment was very friendly, well staffed and offered career opportunities. They also offered a great package including salary, bonus, 401k match, insurance coverage's and tuition reimbursement. Overall I enjoyed working there.
Awful culture and no room for advancement
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 13, 2016
Company has seemed to be in a downward spiral since our previous CEO has left due to what was deemed personal issues. In reality it seems to be a part of the companies continuous compliance issues and elimination of certain departments. Trying to find a job within is very hard unless you know someone or are an extreme butt kisser. I don't see this company being around much longer as it will probably be absorbed and moved out to it's parent company Munich RE.
Fun, Exciting, and Great Culture
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 5, 2016
Working at American Modern has been a great experience. Everyone is hard working and dedicated to their jobs. The culture is nothing like I have ever experienced in my professional life either. When walking down the hallway it would be common to have six or seven associates greet you without hesitation. The company bases their decisions by making ethical choices and is fantastic in the community. Overall, I have enjoyed my time at American Modern.
Lacks Leadership
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMarch 2, 2016
The overall leadership is lacking and the HR department has know direction that leaves no room for advancement. Myself and 350 of my co worker got laid off because they closed the FID department
Great job but won't hire temps
client services (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I love this place but the departement I am currently in has a hiring freeze and won't hire any full time employees. I've been working for this company for 2 years as an external temp and have no idea what will become of my job each day.
Pros
Cafeteria, many activities
Cons
Hiring freeze
Fast paced workplace with strong professional atmosphere.
ADJUSTER - PROPERTY (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
Fast paced workplace with strong professional atmosphere. Handling variety of property claims in a quick and professional manner. Strong commitment to a team culture.
Productive and fast paced
System Testing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2015
Good place to work with new projects that were challenging and exciting. Worked with some great coworkers. Some management was really good and some needed management training but all in all great place to work. A lot of variety in what I did each day.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
Placed people in management positions that werent deserving of the title
Benefits are good
Adjuster 2 (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 2, 2015
Benefits are great. insurance is cheap. Work life balance is horrible. Very un organized. poorly managed. Not up to date on claims handling and decisions
Pros
healthcare
Cons
job life balance
Bought out by a German company
Claim Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 26, 2015
The title is American Modern Insurance and we were told to pass any suggestions up the ladder that might be helpful. I turned in a suggestion to use cars with mobile wi fi since we started using a wi fi dependent system. I was told that it would not work by the Regional Manager only to find out 6 months later they were looking into a mobile wi fi equipped car. I asked for training and was approved for it but was never sent by my regional manager. I asked for help when my claim load was 60+ and was denied by the regional manager. When I started the company was a great place to work but they got caught up promoting the wrong guy to the wrong position thus I lost a job I had intended to retire from. By the way I never received a bad review.
Cons
Employees have no value, company does not listen to suggestions by employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location