American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Productive and left to work alone.
Staff Field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 14, 2015
Typical day is complete activities scheduled on work laptop. Make contact with insured's on new assignments. Perform scheduled inspections, gather facts pertaining to losses; make coverage decisions, either issue loss payment or deny loss; close claim. Hardest part of job is being overwhelmed with loss volume and not receiving assistance. Most enjoyable part of day is interacting with clients.
Pros
Set your own schedule.
Cons
Not enough pay.
great place to work but management is untrained
OCR I/ Data entry (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 22, 2015
great company overall but new supervisor is untrained and plays favorites when it comes to giving promotions

passes on people who have been there longer and just goes with people who are constantly talking and running around the department

supervisor takes a week to get back to you about an email you sent and then acts like you are bothering him when you have questions
Pros
great cafeteria tuition reimbursement
Horrible Place to work in Information Technology
Enterprise Solutions/Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 24, 2015
Bad I/T management who manages by intimidation and does not develop individuals but rather treats them as a commodity to be bullied and treated as a third class citizen-no matter how much experience you have. Stay Away even if you are just beginning your career. The overall direction is to outsource most if not all Full Time technology positions overseas. You have been warned.
Pros
Cafeteria and OK benefits
Cons
Bad Bad I/T management --treats you like a child and throws tantraums
Great work environment
Professional Bilingual Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 20, 2015
American Modern is a great work to place. Managers focus on talent mobility and empower you to perform your job to the best of your abilities .
Pros
Talent Mobility, Wellness Program
Good culture and solid position
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2015
Great flexible hours, management, culture, and people.

At the core of my position was an imperative focus on accuracy. Perfecting accuracy is the ripple effect that allows everything else to fall in to place.
Amig
AVP, Global Business Process Optimization (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 21, 2015
AMIG is a place that does not like change, culture is outdated, and processes are extremely manual. Lack of change management and push for education is a challenge.
Good place for a career
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 20, 2015
It has a family atmosphere which I love. Spends more time on it's employees and less time worrying about politics. It's a large company with a small company feel. You really get to know the people you work with.
Great Enviornment
Quality Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 15, 2015
A day at work would be just working through the provided assignments. Dual monitors and the work is very simple. The managers are very fair and nice. A very suitable place to be employed.
No way to advance, unless you know people.
Rater Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 25, 2015
I would go in at 8 am and enter data for agents who were paying their clients insurance premiums on a monthly basis. I would then start to scan and place all Commercial lines documents in the computer and categorize each into their own policy number. I also worked on a hurricane spreadsheet, where I updated out of date policy information on the spreadsheet to show current risk values for states along the coast in hurricane danger. I learned how to manage doing multiple tasks and how to use imageright and Citrix or quicksolver softwares. Co - workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines and keeping performance up from last month or last year stats. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would help others with their work and make their jobs a little easier for them.
Busy but fun
IT Administrator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 7, 2015
It is a very hectic time right now, but the team pulls together and gets things done. It's never a drag to have to get up in the morning to go there, it's quite fun and the people are great.
Pros
Teamwork, helpfulness
Cashier
Data Entry/OCR Operator/Lender Payee Code Creator (Current Employee) –  West UnionMay 28, 2015
I loved my manager and I didnt mind my job. I had the job as a summer job to make some extra cash before I went back to college so I'm not really going to complain about it.
Hard working people trying to provide the best service possible to our customers
SEASONAL CLAIMS AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHMay 9, 2015
Great place to work! I have worked there off and on since 1995. They are an A+ rated property and casualty insurance carrier that value their employees and their customers. There is an on sight fitness center and many other conveniences to help balance work/home life.
A nice place to learn about insurance
CSR (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 24, 2015
Teammates are great and as long as you do your job, everything would be fine. you will get a lot of benefits, they have great facilities and the campus is surrounded by nature..
Pros
Is a big company
Cons
Micromanagment policy
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Couldn't ask for much more
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
I love my job. Can I complain about some things? Yes.. Mostly only because there's not a lot of advancement opportunities because so many people have been with the company for 20+ years.
My co workers are awesome, my supervisor cares about my home life and my job life. I have expenses paid when I travel. There's lot's of opportunities to make more money if i'm willing to travel for Catastrophe duty or do extra. If you want a job where you will love what you do, but sweat your butt off in the summer climbing on roofs. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
free travel, expense accounts, salaried
Cons
hot summers, long hours
It was a part time job
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Taking and verifying insurance for several banks.
How to handle different personalities over the phone.
Knowing that you completed what was required of imputing data.
Pros
Was kept busy and goals were set.
Wonderful place to work.
Supervisor/Senior Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 20, 2015
American Modern Insurance group was a wonderful place to work. The people there are such a joy to work with and I loved that there was such a teamwork atmosphere. The facilities were so beautiful and state of the art. The cafeteria and fitness center was such an added bonus.
Analyst
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia OhioJanuary 19, 2015
Routine Schedule
Many benefits
Good work/life balance
Fitness Center
Enojoyable position that allowed me to utilize my communication and leadership skills.
Specialist II/Underwriting Support (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of me being a go to person for the customer care department as a whole. I performed my immediate duties being support staff between the underwriting department and external agents but I also trained new associates in the basics as it pertained to their job duties as customer service representatives.

What I loved most about my recent position with the company was being able to help out when needed. I also enjoyed being the one that everyone considered the go to person. If there was a question about products or services, I was the one they connected with.
Overall Good Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2014
- In my role, there is no such thing as a typical day.
- Co-workers are one of the main reasons people stay.
- I've learned a lot about insurance through my current/previous positions, along with classes.
Pros
Workout facility, nurse, cafeteria
Cons
Depending on the department, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Modern Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Modern Insurance Group Reviews by Location