American Music Theatre Employee Reviews

Great job, great coworkers, terrible management
Backstage (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 22, 2018
I'll start with the nature of the job is so fun and the employees are great. That being said, the hours are terrible, you can bounce between no work and over 100 hours a week. The company doesn't try to help you during the down time and it almost seems like you're penalized if you get a second job. The management is absolutely terrible, they procrastinate on planning until there is an absolute scramble and if anything is missing or goes wrong the higher ups will find any way to throw you under the bus. Also, if you think you can go HR good luck. Head of HR owns the company. On the other hand there's a lot of fun to be had, you get to be creative and some really cool people with here.
Pros
Creative work, meet interesting people
Cons
Management, hours, higher ups only care about themselves
Amazing place for someone young, single with roommates or living with parents
Audio Assistant/ Stage Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 18, 2018
Honestly if you are a working adult with bills and enjoy being an adult with time to enjoy life, this job isn't for you. This job has terrible communication issues, terrible management, and above all terrible idea of how they should treat their employees. As I am writing this, I am working here and quite honestly it makes more sense for me to quit tomorrow and not come in than it does for me to come in and never make 40 hours a week on my pay check or never have advancement opportunities.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
Exciting and fun place to work
House Dept. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 4, 2018
I've enjoyed working at American Music Theatre for many years. Nice family atmosphere for employees. Fun challenges from day to day, and show to show. I've been able to learn a lot and advance my position several times. I enjoy working with the staff and meeting people from all over. A great place to work and learn new skills in an environment that is exciting and fun.
Pros
discounts, ability to see shows, benefits
Great place to work at
Box Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working for AMT. Everyone there was always so kind and willing to help and work as a team. I had to leave because I was moving to be closer to my school. Would definitely recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Music Theatre. Our community is ready to answer.

American Music Theatre Reviews by Location