American National Bank of Texas Employee Reviews

Friendly, Positive Work Environment
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 14, 2019
This was a great place to work. They have job training and help to make sure you know your job. The best part of the job was the people; all friendly, helpful, and all about making the customer happy as the final goal.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Management was horrible
Employee Benefits Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
No communication between manager or staff.
No one is on the same page about anything. If you have a difference of opinion you will become their target.
Pros
Cons
If you had an opinion you where targeted
Great Team of People
FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 16, 2018
I worked here for a short period of time due to moving out of state but I enjoyed working here. The staff was great and the manager was very supportive and very knowledgeable. Most of the customers were great, a few not so great but you're going to get that no matter where you work. I think the pay should have been a little higher and the lunches a little longer. But overall a great place.
Pros
Fun, friendly staff with a good manager
Cons
pay, lunches and trying customers
Good First Job - But Not Long-Term
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Overall my time with ANBTX was good. I was lucky enough to work with great people who encouraged me to do better and achieve my goals. It was a good first job.
Great environment to learn and have fun
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
I love working for ANB. It has allowed me to grow as a professional and a man. I have learned so much and made numerous friendships that will last for life.
It was a fun place to work
VAULT TELLER/DRIVE-THRU TELLER (Former Employee) –  Canton, TXJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at the bank. We were always busy and very fast paced which I love, I would recommend anyone to work there, The managers were awesome too.
Great place to start life
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMay 23, 2018
I started at american national bank while in high school gave 13 years awesome plae to learn and grow and when it was time to leave I did leave knowing that I was ready for the world
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Open on saturday
Stiff and old fashioned culture
Digital Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXApril 10, 2018
Extremely limited training provided. Culture is stiff and old fashioned. Very limited interaction between departments. No downtime. Depending on department you're always on call.
Pros
salary is competitive
Cons
no downtime
enjoyed working with my co-workers, we were all team players
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Check e-mails, print and review invoice to inter in accounts payable system. Receive incoming mail, open stamp date of receiving, review for proper approval and coding. If incorrect information scan and e-mail out for corrections.
Employee Benefits Division -Employees are Expendable
Employee Benefits Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
The Employee Benefits division of this bank is unstable and very cut-throat. Not culturally diversed at all. Upper Management shows favortisim toward particular groups who are suppose to be responsible for training and developing employees. If your particular trainer does not like you or has something "personal" against you, then you are basically set up to fail from the beginning and there are NO checks and balances to protect you from this bias approach. I would not recommend working for this company if you are looking for a fair chance to work hard and excell in your career. Employees are merely expendable.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No diversity, Bias
Fun, productive, and laid back place to work
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 1, 2017
A typical day at American National Bank of Texas is making deposits, withdrawals and transfers for customers. With me being in the drive-thru one of my jobs is to process bags for the City of Allen, the county, Allen ISD, and Lovejoy ISD, also while helping the customers that drive in. The job is very straightforward so the hardest part of the day is trying to be everywhere at once on days where we are short staffed. With helping the lobby I do gain extra knowledge about accounts that I do not have access to being a drive-thru teller. My managers are always there to help if there to help with there is an issue that needs to be resolved. Even when they leave for the day I can always call them if an issue arises. The most enjoyable part of the day if being able to joke and laugh and still get work done. I've learned how to look up accounts, help customers with disputes on their account and also 10-key.
Cooperative and Great Bonuses
Retail Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Kaufman, TXDecember 16, 2016
A typical day is always busy. The location in Kaufman, Texas stays busy everyday. You will not be bored at all. There are goals and incentives after you reached your goals and at this location you will for certain reach goals which in return, you will get an incentive. The incentives are great; and extra bonus at the end of month. Who doesn't want that.
The management is caring and open door policy. They will hear your concerns and answer any of your questions.
The co-workers are dedicated just like you will be.
The hardest part of the job is to reach 100% of your goals to get 100% incentives. Who doesn't want more money at the end of the month. The more you do the bigger of a bonus you get.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers. They are so thoughtful, caring, concerning, and enjoyable to talk to.
Pros
incentives, free prizes each month, free lunch, flexible working hours, paid holidays, sick, and vacation pays, not having the responsibility of keeping large amounts of cash in your drawer, there's a machine that counts the cash for you and disperse the cash for you, I feel even more safe with that machine for my safety and balancing procedures
Cons
crazy working schedule, short lunch breaks, constantly busy - no rest in between, constatnly standing - no sitting on the job
Great place to work if you are interested in stability
Fraud Specialist/ BSA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXNovember 13, 2016
Many people at the bank are related. There is great stability here, people come to stay, which leaves little room for advancement as a result. People are great.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No room for advancement
Management only cares about themselves
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 19, 2016
Worked for this bank for 10+ years. Started out great but as the years went by management stopped caring about the employee and only cared for themselves. How they could look good for their boss based on the work they get out of you. Overall they only care about themselves. They will let you go as soon as you are no longer valuable to them.
Fast paced
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 9, 2016
I have not had any problems working here. Company overall a great place to work. I have noticed that as the years go on they are lowering their hours for employees. Less employees, same obligations.....makes it hard for me to get my work done.
Pros
Management very involved
Cons
short breaks, not enough time to get things done I am expected to do.
Different work environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMay 16, 2015
Company has a lot going on with the people and management. Typical work day was processing mortgage loans purchase & refi loans. Some coworkers were fair.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Health care & pay
A very small town bank. The people make you feel like family...Until you stop working there - then you are dead to them
VP Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXFebruary 3, 2015
PROS: The benefits were nice and their HR team was top notch. This was a place you actually went to lunch, I have worked anywhere that I could do that in 20 years.

CONS: I was paid well, but they paid the staff next to nothing. We had no one with any real depth of experience because they wouldn't pay for it. There were staff that were so unprofessional there, and no respect for management. We had an LOS that was run by an admin on mortgage cost center, her manager was over another department. He would not allow her to assist me in mortgage at all, causing the introduction on new investors in mortgage to fail because he would not allow her to work on it. It was a complete mess. We spent more time worrying about planning birthday and retirement parties than we did being in compliance.
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 21, 2014
Productive and nice place to work. Good opportunity at American National to expand customer relationships.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Limited locations
Productive environment with great people
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sachse, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Typically, everyone has time to talk with each other while performing their job/tasks. Everyone handles their job in a unique way that is suited towards them. Moreover, everyone has the opportunity to perform their job in a custom manner because our institution is well structured and the level of importance involved. The most important element of the job is team work. All of us come together to solve any situation that is linked to a customer wherever there is concerns or requests. Our management is highly trained and skilled in many areas. The hardest part of the job comes down to accepting full responsibility for any large, suspicious or unknown transaction; also, making sure you go through the right channels. After all is said and done, the co-workers are not only participating in a professional manner, but they share an interpersonal connection with everyone making this the most enjoyable part of the job.
Family owned company, small town values
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 21, 2013
My typical day would include lots and lots of paperwork, gathering reports from multiple sources, numbers of all sorts, G.L. check numbers, dates, amounts, partial payments, adjustments. Prep for audits, intercompany communication with multiple departments. Prep of reports for approval, cross training with co-workers. Management was pretty much non-existent unless a problem was found. Most meetings were a waste of time. I found it most enjoyable to solve the puzzles, which were various day to day.
Pros
Comfortable enviroment
Cons
Cowardly courage to stand up for what is right