American National Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Loved this job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJanuary 3, 2019
The environment was great. The boss I had was amazing. I loved working with the clients that I had and the other girl in the office. We worked really well together. The company would have a retreat once a year that the boss paid for. The only reason I left was because I needed to be able to be home during the day to get kids to and from school.
slow paced
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2018
theres day it is slow paced and not much to do so you have to just dust around and clean what has to be cleaned, when it gets busy, it get s busy. manager was a lady answers any questions you have.
Role of the Office Manager at ANICO
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2018
I am responsible for ensuring that policies are issued as quickly as possible, print out and/or respond to all emails for the district office, supervise on staff, interact with agents as necessary, make copies, create forms, retention for audits, pass audits, create new reports, creating a system by which the office can function efficiently, maintain/order supplies, provide customer service to policyholders, take premium payments from policyholders, etc..
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
summary
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Early, TXDecember 20, 2018
American National Insurance is a nice place to work. Most customers are very friendly. Sales are sometimes hard to get, but if you are good at it, then it will work for you.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sometimes low sales
Outdated Corporate Culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 11, 2018
Disconnect throughout the enterprise which stems from a culture that needs complete overhaul. Many employees strive for success however feel underappreciated and under compensated which forces them to seek new employment. Management depends on the individual as with any other organization. There is structure here that if revamped with care towards the employees could create a nice to place to work.
It was a pretty good place to work for
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2018
The work place was a good environment to work in we received great training on our product we were selling week to week. Each quarter if we met our quota we had different game we played to win bonus prizes.
fun place to work
Office Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSDecember 8, 2018
fun and caring place to work. great benefits, wonderful staff. company slightly behind with technology but the tools we had worked well. salaries could be slightly better
A good place to recieve a check, but bad for your overall well being and health.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 7, 2018
The company is for the employees, which is good and bad. Its good to the employees meaning, it allows the same destructive behaviors to continue however allowing chance after chance to make correction with there being no recourse. Its bad because it pushed good quality employees out the door. Management is for themselves, and asking the "WHY" questions, you immediately have a target put on your back. The stress of the unknown takes a toll on your overall health. If you are an employee who cares, this is not the place to work at. If you are an employee who wants a check, get away with doing just enough work and have no ambition to move up or grow, this is the perfect place for you, and you can join the 3,000 plus employees who are currently content right where they are.
Pros
Can get away with doing bare minumum
Cons
Can get away with doing bare minumum
Awesome company and management they are hiring as well .
Manger (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2018
Great opportunity to advance and grow w/company. They have matching 401k ,vision,STD,dental, & HMO. Company trips and incentives. Bonus’s cash prizes and great benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Freedom yet stressful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 29, 2018
American National was a great place to have freedom to work independently. However, it was stressful to meet sales goals and collection goals. When goal were met compensation was great.
Poor management
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 1, 2018
You expect your managers to have constructive criticism. The person I had to deal with was more a bully than anything else. I loved my job and I still love working with insurance but not with this company.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Bullying management
Empty promises from the higher ups
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 31, 2018
They said that the CEO was making all of these positive changes due to poor feedback from an employee survey in 2014. Its now 2018 and they are telling us that we need to come up with the solutions to the problems. Not a lot had changed in the culture. They promise promotions, raises, bonuses, etc. Never follow through. Even years later, "oh we never said that we would do those things". High stress and high turn over. HR is not on the same page as the rest of the company either.
Pros
8-430 no weekends
Cons
the work sucks
Amazing
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia moOctober 30, 2018
I recommend this company to anybody, they are very amazing they work really well for you with you they help you learn they help you grow they're very understanding0
Wonderful place to work
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2018
Love working there. Bosses are amazing must keep up or you will have a bad quarter. Pay is up and down but you can keep it up as long as you continue to write business
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Alot of driving
Great Workplace
Agent (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 27, 2018
I enjoyed this type of work, the only that kept me from advancing was the placement test I could not pass. If i could pass I would go back. The community I worked was great people and customers. My co workers were also great and would provide great communication when ;needed on questions.
Pros
I enjoyed the community
Cons
Rude employees
Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 12, 2018
My job would consist of not only selling life insurance but actually going to their home to collect the premium.

It taught me to understand and learn what types of life insurance are available and investment portfolio's.

I met some wonderful people and was able to help them set up their insurance needs for their future or for their death benefits.
Pros
Meeting some wonderful people
Cons
Driving in the winter
Friendly company
Insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
Insurable on time
friendly employees
scary part of the job is going to peoples houses
Most enjoyable part is meeting friendly people
Work all day, every day
its ok
Sales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 4, 2018
not a lot of help from upper management all they care is for themselves so you better sell while they seat at the office all day and go eat while you drive about 200 to 300 miles daily to pick up payments
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no sales no money
Marketing Representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2018
Working here has been wonderful! I have learned a lot and really broadened my horizons! All the staff are goal oriented and driven! Can't say one bad word.
Productive and friendly.
Sr.Java/J2EE and Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 25, 2018
Join this company to gain invaluable experience.And to gain the experience of a lifetime. And to hone your interpersonal skills. The colleagues were very supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American National Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.