American National Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Fun Professional Insurance office
Licensed Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 4, 2018
Great agents to work for. Fast paced and challenging and the agents always helpful and understanding. There is so much to learn in this business. Very challenging work.
Pros
Incentives and commissions.
Cons
No paid time off
Business Analyst II, Life Policy Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 26, 2018
Excellent benefits package...meet great people...enjoyed the employee recognition and events planned for employees to show gratitude for jobs well done.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Good Old Fashion Sales!!!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 9, 2018
Great place!! I've learned a lot at American National Insurance Company, they teach you the basics and really build you up on it. Real Life Experience -- Good Old Fashion Sales!!
Pros
Great Management, freedom to explore your abilities
Good
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 7, 2018
It is a good company. I enjoy the PTO, the 401k benefits. The people and culture are great and I enjoy working here. I would recommend to anyone who are looking for a good job.
Not a fan of organized crime
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 6, 2018
Much the same how American National Insurance Company got their start in bed with the mob, is the gangster sales mentality ingrained in its corporate culture today. Definitely a company that stays true to its legacy.
Fantastic Company & People
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 5, 2018
I love working here. The work is interesting and challenging; the people are friendly, collaborative, and overall nice to work with. The South Shore location is professional and relaxed.
Pros
Fun, challenging, good work environment, variable days to make up for appointments
Cons
Expensive housing in the area - not the company's fault!
Friendly people both peers and management.
Individual Life Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 27, 2018
I worked remotely from home. The underwriting department was short on life underwriting consultants to meet work demands so most days were very long and exhausting at times.
Pros
Friendly Company
Cons
Medical benefits were sub-par and no bonuses were paid out during my 3 plus years working there.
Great for people with no kids
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 22, 2018
Everything is great as far as working with clients. The drive to sulphur springs and commerce makes for a tiresome day. Altogether If you could work in your home town it would be better.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
job security
I really enjyed this job.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 11, 2018
One woman office. Clerical, fax, data entry, AR/AP, collection of monies. Great place to work. Met with agents twice a week. Hardest part of job was long call.
coworkers are like family
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 29, 2018
This was always a great place to work until new management came along. They really need to be more upfront when certain decisions affect a persons job
Pros
Cafeteria in the building
Cons
Health coverage is expensive
American National
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 20, 2018
American National was a very challenging place to work. It is a closely held family business. The work from day to day was very interesting. Management is changing the culture to become more collaborative instead of being told this is the way it has always been done. The 401K match has been discontinued which has caused unhappiness amongst the employees.

I believe that upper management needs to enhance benefits to keep personnel happy.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Healthcare, 401K
Good
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 9, 2018
Service & selling Insurance account manager collect premium from customer homes & business sales meeting very good company lot of good products to sell
good
Cons
gas
Great community of people to work with
Corporate Technology Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 2, 2018
Coming in and training with the department I was intimidated about my knowledge coming in, but the people were so nice and helpful and really made me feel comfortable to ask questions and help myself learn and grow into an independent entity within the team.

There was a lot of work to be done, so as the intern I had to take up much of the tedious work that needed to be done.
Pros
Delicious cafeteria
Cons
Work load, inefficiencies
a place that provided for professional development
Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 1, 2018
American National allowed one to learn the business of life and health insurance sales and service. The management worked with you daily to hone your skills and perspective that lead to success as a professional agent.
Flexible schedule with unlimited earnings potential
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work! Managers are properly trained and are very organized. As an agent you will have a flexible schedule and weekends off. Also, unlimited earning potential.
Pros
Off weekends and unlimited earning potential
Cons
Work evenings
Productive work place
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I learned great time management. I was able to interact with several different people on a daily basis. No two days were ever the same. Very flexible schedule.
Enjoy the work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This was an awesome place to work, my colleagues were amazing, the customers were amazing. The training was adequate. The benefit package was great. The downside was the lay off.
Pros
training was adaqate, vacation, paid time offs
Cons
If there are changes made to employees are left out the loop
Fun Job
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Employees are very helpful, learn a lot about the company, they give you tasks that will help you in the future, the internship program is developing great.
extreme
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJanuary 5, 2018
This position requires a lot of patience and flexibility with a flexible personal lifestyle. you must be willing to work extra hours during the week and weekends. Also must be okay with commission based pay.
Strong Management
Client Specialist - Sales Unit (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 22, 2017
I worked in the customer service department of the home office in Springfield, MO. I loved working there. Management was always trying to improve upon various things to make our job easier or a little less stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American National Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.