American National Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Friendly company
Insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
Insurable on time
friendly employees
scary part of the job is going to peoples houses
Most enjoyable part is meeting friendly people
Work all day, every day
its ok
Sales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 4, 2018
not a lot of help from upper management all they care is for themselves so you better sell while they seat at the office all day and go eat while you drive about 200 to 300 miles daily to pick up payments
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no sales no money
Marketing Representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2018
Working here has been wonderful! I have learned a lot and really broadened my horizons! All the staff are goal oriented and driven! Can't say one bad word.
Productive and friendly.
Sr.Java/J2EE and Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 25, 2018
Join this company to gain invaluable experience.And to gain the experience of a lifetime. And to hone your interpersonal skills. The colleagues were very supportive.
Good employees
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The employees at American National are friendly and helpful. Probably a good place to learn the ropes of the administration side of the insurance industry.
add salaries and lead support
Multi Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
agents might have and easier time validating and staying solvent if leadership was more aware of specific winning lead generation/prospecting methods in their given regions, and it would also help if they stayed on board.
did paperwork and visited clients to get their premiums.
Sold Life Insurance (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2018
Morning meetings and exams. Turned in paperwork and money and created a route for the day. drove to each client on the route to get their debit and tried to sell policies.
Pros
worked on my own.
Cons
stressful manager with a hot temper.
Don't be fooled
AGENT (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 31, 2018
Regional managers in insurance always make it look like the best option, but that's literally their job. They are paid to sell insurance and to sell you on insurance. The truth is that only 10% of people who attempt to become insurance agents make enough commission to support themselves. I've drained my savings trying to support myself and my family while starting this career.
Cons
Commission only pay structure
Would not recommend
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 31, 2018
No good Management, had little to no training when I got promoted to sales manager. District Manager did not give any information about the contract when promotion was given.
Secure, Slow Paced, Poor Work Life Balance
Senior Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, NYAugust 29, 2018
Extremely secure employment environment. Most of the staff have been there for decades. This however creates an imbalance in both employee outlook and non-pay benefits. There's a caste system between long-term and short term employees.

The environment is large and there's a lot of quality experience to be had, however bureaucracy reigns supreme and innovation is not a priority.

For an overall slow paced environment night and weekend work becomes a major expectation. If you're in an on-call rotation expect a dozen calls per week, after hours, with maybe one real issue.

Want to know more about American National Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 29, 2018
It teaches life lessons that will help you as an individual. This job has shown me so many things and open so many doors for me. I could not have asked for a better job.
Good if you do not have goal
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 22, 2018
Lacking promotion, the management only hire family members and put them into positions they are not qualified for. Employee who have been with the company for over 10 years does not get the respect they deserve from those in authority.
Scheduling flexability
Exclusive Agent (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTAugust 19, 2018
I was an agent. Being an agent gave me the flexibility to come and go as needed. I had my own office and pay was commission. This job requires you to be highly motivated and a self starter. Insurance sales are very competitive.
Pros
A lot of flexability
Cons
A lot of flexability
Great culture and work environment
Client Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 15, 2018
working in IT at ANICO can be rewarding if you work hard and maintain a friendly and outgoing attitude. Management tries its best to implement current best practice standards.

IT work is competitive by nature but at ANICO they recognize a job well done when reported to them by the customer.
Pros
supports veterans, flexible work culture, on site cafeteria
Cons
work can be overly demanding at times. not big on education support.
It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Special Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2018
Definitely not the kind of place that promotes based on performance. If you've been there long enough and kissed the right butt, you will promote just fine. If you work hard and go beyond expectations but do not suck up to the right people, you will be stuck. The company management lacks integrity and purposely misleads employees regarding its financial status to pressure employees into working harder for longer periods of time to avoid properly staffing the claims department. Pay & benefits are on the bottom end of the curve competition curve.
Pros
Most coworkers/peers are nice.
Cons
Management, pay, promotional opporunities for solid employees
This company Is not ran well, also not that many people heard of them it was a hard sell.
Multiple Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 8, 2018
The manager was not helpful in helping you learn the products. He was more interested in letting us know how much he knows and how successful he was selling insurance.
American National is a great place to start to expand your knowledge in the world of insurance
WORKSITE CASE MGR / CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 21, 2018
I went into this job without a lick of knowledge of how health insurance truly worked. All I knew was I needed it in order to be seen by a doctor and everything was covered because I have health insurance...so I thought. After 8 weeks of training and much knowledge shoved into my brain I wondered what the heck I got myself into. Well I stuck with and now I love it! Not only do I help customers understand their insurance coverage and how it works but I also have the privilege of helping my family with their insurance needs. With my knowledge I have been able to save people hundreds and thousands of dollars by not making overpayments to providers and waiting on refunds that can sometimes take over 2 years to get back. So if you're looking for a job in the health insurance industry American National is a great place to start and expand your knowledge. American National also offers a wide variety of insurance besides health; they offer life, auto, home, classical vehicles, and so much more.
Pros
Lunch, Dr. White Special, is $2.50/day
Cons
Some departments have no structure
Productive Company
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2018
Selling Life Insurance Policies were stressful sometimes because I had to go out to knock on doors and look for customers to different areas in the city. I met a lot of persons and that was the best thing
Pros
Great challenges
Cons
Drive to different areas with different kind of weather looking for customers
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 19, 2018
My boss and customers were amazing! Very friendly and inviting place to work. The boss would pay for our lunch and offered great benefits! Really miss the environment.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 14, 2018
Good company. GREAT office. My direct supervisor and District Manager are top notch stand up guys. Really teach you how to do the job.
I learned alot and really challenged myself. Loved the time I was there and gained valuable experience p/confidence.
Pros
High earnings and great personel
Cons
Flunctuating income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American National Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about