American National Employee Reviews

Worst experience
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  usaMay 17, 2018
Talk about your typical captive carrier that doesn't care about their agents and clients, and has terrible products. I would never recommend anyone to work here, and there new agent program is terrible it looks appealing at first but behind the scene, there is a 90% failure rate.
Great pay and experience >> but the coworkers...
Health Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  League City, TXApril 24, 2018
American National offers great pay for the positions and the benefits are excellent. There are great perks as long as you can push through the awful employees that have been there for 15+ years and want nothing to do with the young newbies that are becoming employed.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours
Cons
Senior staff, management
Poor
Agent (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 29, 2018
No direct support. No office to work from. They do provide a weeks training in Houston but after that you are on your own. This job requires you to drive a lot.
Great Company
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 18, 2018
They allowed me to begin my career in sales. The great compensation package, trips, and great monthly perks within the office.

The downfall for me was the low hourly pay and how the manager I was working with didn't help me with some issues I had. Other than that I would recommend the organization.
Terrific company - first rate!
Owner/Founder, Bren Insurance Agency LLC (Current Employee) –  Kingston, WAMarch 8, 2018
This company has been a gift to me - lot's of support and training and great people to work with! I did not expect them also to have great customer service and technical support.
Pros
Great tools
Cons
I don't get to see enough people on a regular basis
Nice People. Poor pay and management
Claims (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Most of the low level and non management employees were great. Many department/area managers are good. Senior Management was poor and pay was exceptionally poor compared to industry.
American National
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 23, 2018
The job as and insurance agent could be challenging however i don't recommend this job to anyone unless they expect to have high millage on there cars.
Overall, okay
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
very out dated company, poor quality of health benefits, lack of career growth, two managers within 1 year and they were both very poor quality.

not a place to work for an extended period of time
many levels available
Senior Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2017
There are many positions available within the company. Sometimes it is difficult to get out of one area into a different division within the company. Most upper positions are filled from within.
Pros
flexible workday
Cons
lower than average pay for job requirements
Organized
Multiline General Agent (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 4, 2017
Fun engaging people that want to see your success. Employees have a lot of great experience and the training is wonderful and the company is a debt free company which has won awards in regards to being a trustworthy company
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Cant think of any
Cmpetitive work enviornment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
If you can sell insurance and also manage accounts simultaneously on a day to day bases this job is perfect for you. Management create a competitive environment to encourage a higher production in sales and a lower production of lapses
Pros
You'll make a great living
Cons
The job can be a bit stressful due to meeting all of the quarters every month at close out.
Good place
Multiple Line General Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Very recomended place to work , a lot of work balance. If you are looking to start a career in life insurance this is the place to start , great great company
Pros
free time
Cons
make collections
Slow Paced Solitary Work
Underwriting Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenmont, NYJune 13, 2017
American National values their employees, but the underwriting department is poorly managed and there is a lot of employee turnover. Streamlining would need to happen in order to better communication in the department and also throughout the company.
Pros
Culture is great, health conscious
Cons
solitary work, some tasks are more complicated than necessary
Excellent co-workers
Adninistrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 7, 2017
As an Administrative Assistant my job is different everyday. I have learned to work with many types of software, handle daily crisis, and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing help for the team in my department to help them do the best job they can do. The hardest part of my job is trying to get all my work done without going overtime.

I have been disappointed in the management style of the company.
The company states they are trying to make changes but the managers who have been with the company for 30 years are still managing people like they did 30 years ago.
Pros
Excellent Co-Workers
Cons
Poor management style tolerated, poor health benefits
Good atmosphere and training tools with lots of flexibility,but needs better pay structure especially for their agents
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2017
American National is one of biggest and longest established companies in the Life and Health insurance business. However I believe if they awarded their agents with better pay and benefits they would have better moral in the work place ,rapidly grow and advance in this industry.
Pros
Flexible/ be your own boss
Cons
Pay structure, cost of benefits
a fast pace company with plenty of room for growth and opportunities to learn.
Collector / Paralegal / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company a great deal as I started from the ground up and became one of the top sellers and paralegals in the company. I enjoyed both the collection side and the legal side of the business and became one of the top collectors and salespersons in the company. My salary grew with my expertise and I begin to consider my co-workers as my family. I was heartbroken when the company had to close as my boss retired.
Pros
The Learning Experience is offered to me
Cons
inadequate benefits and Company closure
Great place just seem a little behind times
Agent (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 28, 2017
Good place if they could get to a point of credit card sells and need less signatures for customers. They have a draw system for new agents which is great, just they put a quota on keeping it and their car prices are not the best. Their home rates are great.
Best place I have ever worked for
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 4, 2017
The company seems to care about its employees, great work life balance, and the management is very kind overall very very good
Insurance Company
Cancellation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I sat behind a desk answering phones and cancelling insurance policies and issuing refund checks,
I learned a lot as this was a new field for me and I had to learn all about it
management was there if you needed them
co-workers were friendly and helpful
hardest was all the learning of new material
Enjoyable was learning all the new aspects of the job.
Pros and Cons
IT Account Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 6, 2016
There are no benefits such as 401k and health insurance and pay is really low. The owners expect you to not talk about politics (as in any place, right) yet they do it. The company has been around for 20 years. I would not recommend working here as job stability is an issue. Many worry about job security.
Pros
All of the office is great to work with including the offshore recruiters
Cons
no healthcare, benefits and low pay. (pay rate is a joke)