American Outdoor Brands Corporation
45Low

American Outdoor Brands Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work with lots of different positions to learn. Great pay. Excellent medical and dental insurance. I would recommend Smith&wesson to anyone looking for a good job.
Think Before You Apply
The jobs in general are not terribly difficult. It's a matter of picking the right product, packaging it, and sending it out.
The problem lies with the managment, and the lack of communication.

They don't promote those who have the skills - or the knowledge - to do the job. Is all about who is able to strike higher management's ego the best - or other things to ribald to mention here.

Managment has no problem with using scare tactics to get what they want. That may include outright lying - or belitting - to get what they want. This includes petty things such as recruiting other employees as spies to gather information on the employees they don't like. And if backstabbing doesn't work, they're more than happy to resort to good old fashioned mental abuse. (There are a couple of team leads who have no qualms using this tactic. And have used both methods listed above to get rid of good employees simply because they hated them. )

What's really disheartening is overhearing conversations amongst upper management and team leads exchanging disparaging comments about their blue- collar cohorts, such as "stupid" "lazy" "unmotivated." This has included nasty comments about appearance as well.

And yes, those

still employed there are overworked - and shown no appreciation for it. If they're lucky, maybe some condescending remark and a home at their expense. That's about it.

And why are we so busy? Because those in charge are holding on to orders so they can give corporate the appearance of looking busy (when they're not). The result, labor costs skyrocket while mistakes
 - more...
Terrible place no respect for hourly workers
This was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The managment had no care of you were fully trained or not the HR department was just as bad there was one HR lady that was the worst of them all. The assembly supervisor knew nothing about managing people properly nor did he have any idea how to run a department. They have you do jobs outs side your actual job description and give you no compensation. Forklift operators are paid very poorly also
Generally a good atmosphere
Working as part of a team was rewarding and the opportunity to learn new techniques was always available. The people I worked with were supportive as were some of the leadership.
Fast Production Job
Really good Place to work, but they have to be more flexible with those 90 days no absence.

Things happens!! !
ZERO work/life balance. Management thinks they own you.
AOB is stuck in a 1950s mentality that just because you earn a paycheck there, then they own you. Zero respect for work/life balance. Don’t expect training in the administrative areas; you’ll be expected to figure out most things on your own then expected to work 70 hour weeks because you’re too slow. I’ve never seen such a poorly run company in my many years in the work force. Trust me, you’re not so desperate for a job that you’d ever want to work in the office part of AOB.
Management is killing it.
Most of the management are kids right out of college with no machining or personnel management skills. Poor technical support, poor maintenance on machines because they refuse to hire or pay the right people. They lowered the top wage for CNC yet expect the same work and quality. It’s like a prison in there, they literally screwed the windows shut so employees couldn’t open them for fresh air.
Unorganized place where you are easily replaceable
You are just a number. "Advancement" means you are given more responsibilities with the same pay and have no say-so in whether you want the new job or not. Training for your job is limited and spotty. Witnessed two incidents of workplace violence while I was there. Neither management nor the HR department are to be trusted. Office people (Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Product Development) were royalty while warehouse workers were treated like second-class citizens. Mandatory 12 hour days, six days a week, and made to feel guilty if you didn't volunteer for Sunday.
Pros
50% off firearms was good for a while. 401k and insurance were good.
Cons
Poor and untrustworthy management, culture was very unfriendly.
Terrible
First off all, I was supposed to be machine operating not assembling. The agency will lie to you. Team leaders are rude and ignore you when you need them. Scanners and computers don't work. That place is allover the place. Bad management. Team leader ignores you just to chat with other leaders. There's times where you are left with nothing to do and they will just forget you exist after they say they will be back to have you do something else. You have to be constantly on top of the team lead and they will get bothered by you, but I don't want to just stand there. They are very unorganized in that place. They don't even order gloves on time. They pwilljustignopresence. team l
Pros
N/a
Watch out for management
I worked for these managers at another outdoor company. They are hot headed and terrible. I have seen them talk to people as if they were idiots because they didn't learn their job as quickly as management thought they should have. Beware.
Great Security Team
The company is constantly growing and has achieved so much since its inception in Columbia mo. Employees are very friendly with each other and it fosters a comfortable work environment.
I was not happy
I had a good time working with my coworkers. But some of the supervisors were new and didn't have no experience same as lead man no experience and they didn't know how to appreciate anything you did for them and I are on a vacation we couldn't take our own vacation we have to do it based on their time off from the company.
High Pay High Stress
Jobs pay well with good benefits constant management problems and little to no advancement due to blatant favoritism. Would not recommend if you are looking for something challenging or fulfilling.
Just horrible
The management is just plain bad. They don't care about the temps, you're just a number to them. They give you a hard time for everything. Stand clear..
stressful work environment, very competitive
I enjoy the work I do, I enjoy the 12 hr shifts with every other weekend off. Management is difficult at times. I appreciate the training and school I received to complete my CNC program
This is the worst place to work
This place is do unorganized. To many hours. Not enough pay. People don't know how to do their jobs making you do extra. To many workers not enough managers.
Is ight
Leads don't care about you they just care about the work that gets done overall liked working there but the friendly workers balance out the bad leads
Increase pay wages
I truly enjoy my job, just wish the compensation was better. Very fasted paced, high turn over for temps, poor training for people unfamiliar with manufacturing.
Promoting Rate
It’s a slow way to achieve a raise. As a temp you have await till a spot opens up in your current department and that could take up to 8 months. But the boss are nice and assist as much as possible
Challenging work, but rewarding if you're patient
If you have a strong work ethic American Outdoor Brands Corporation is the place for you. You don't have to be a gun guy to succeed here, and there are plenty of opportunities if you're patient and you enjoy challenging work. The Company hires from inside whenever possible, and the workforce is very diverse. Lots of employees have worked at American Outdoor Brands Corporation for more than 20 years. Managers could use more training on how to work better with all parts of the business and think about the whole organization instead of just their numbers.
Pros
Exciting, challenging work, discounts on products, great brands
The company owns you
Don’t expect any acceptable time to be with your family at all. They had us working the Fourth of July at one building and then the building I was in we worked the Friday after the Fourth of July and that Saturday. They will work you six days a week with one day off. And your not making anything extra cause they tax you twice. Cause they tax you on your regular income and then tax you on the overtime also
Pros
N/a
Cons
They own you
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Outdoor Brands Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.7
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight