American Outdoor Brands Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor management
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 16, 2018
When you have a name like Smith and Wesson, you put that name on everything. You don't change the name of the parent company. Bad decision making all the way down to the managers they hire fresh out of high school. They are not a union shop but when things slow down they will bump all their front line workers to positions they don't want based on seniority. Some will even get their pay cut. All machine operators now start at the same level of pay regardless if you have 20 years experience.
Active and lively environment with lots to learn. Employees seem very happy to be there
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 3, 2018
Terrific Manger who cares about his team as people and are roles in each position. One on one training along with making himself available for any questions that arise.

Anything he could do to make us a happy productive bunch is his goal. He's very communicative and does not hesitate to give any and all info that we need to do our jobs well.

He's been a great manager and truly cares about what our roles in the company are and will be in the future.
Insecure management
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 23, 2018
Middle and upper management have a lack of trust in their subordinates. Talented individuals are not given the freedom to work independently. If you are a driven individual with lots of experience and new ideas, look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Overall benefits package
Cons
Poor culture/management
productive jobs
Machine Oparetor/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 12, 2018
In this company I learn a lot... defently a best place to work. Everything really clean and easy to learn and the superviser really friendly...……………..
Pros
learn a lot stuff in there
Cons
they never helps me with my hour shift
Slavery
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 1, 2018
Everyone is always watching you, no one has anything better to do then complain about one another. They dumbed me all the way down have me doing the simplest jobs I have ever run thru CNC and expect me to keep busy. Most people who work here are temps and most employees are not that bright . Kind of scary to think that we make guns for the world with these kind of employees. You are a number to them ,not a human . If you like to kiss butt you’ll do well here. I can do half of the bosses jobs better then them . This place is seriously in danger they are paying employees to help find other workers not right .
Pros
Good money
Cons
nosey Racist Crazy Coworkers Dumb Management
very old fashioned company
Training and Organizational Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 25, 2018
work and organization was very stuck in their way of doing business and not open to changes or suggestions. hard to navigate culture or organization day to day
Pros
Cons
no a people company
I worked 12 hrs shift 6PM to 6Am maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houlton, MEOctober 7, 2018
IT's an okay place to work. long hours and the pay is average. no room for advancement. I worked in a branch division of the company in Houlton Maine the main office is located in Springfield MA
Pros
Good discount on products
Good Company
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 3, 2018
Specifically, I worked for Smith & Wesson in Springfield, MA. I really enjoyed the company and would've liked to stay longer. However, my wife received a promotion and we relocated to support her opportunity.
It was a ok job
Magazine builder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 30, 2018
It was nonstop building magazines for any caliber pistols and had to make the Quota every day to make sure work goes smoothly every day with no hiccups
great teamwork with co workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 11, 2018
to much politics, other than that it is a great place to work. If you need overtime to survive they do their best to get it for you. Team leaders are willing to share their knowledge with you, keep you well informed.
My Time there
Chief Armorer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 25, 2018
Im not out to bash the company. I had a great time with the company until my position was eliminated when they shut down the S&W Academy. It was a great learning experience .
Just negative and quick paced
Temp machine operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Deep River, CTAugust 13, 2018
The management had no person to person skills and it showed with all of the emplyees attitudes . Also jumped around the machines too much to really grasp one particuler job.
Pros
Air conditioning and most other employees very nice to work with.
Cons
Management poor, for the travel poor pay, no Union .
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2018
Management is lacking in the higher up department. They could use someone who is in tune with today's times. In the Marketing department especially. All and all it was an alright place to work if you kept your head down.
Pros
Employee Events
Cons
Director level miss management
Gun and packing assembly (Former Employee) –  Spfld massachusettsJuly 23, 2018
American outdoor is a very nice good place to work good pay vacation pay all benefits 401k it's a good place to work at ur own pace the supervisors are very descent and everybody is nice and alot of team work
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lunch breaks are perfect
Was trying to start a new beginning
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 15, 2018
This was a fast pace job you had to learn things in a matter of time which was best for them you had a quote to meet everyday which meant you had to do your best at all time
You must understand the business market thoroughly.
Marketing Brand Mgr. of Licensing and Accessories (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 1, 2018
Volatile work environment due to extreme influences upon the business from Social and Political factors. Business can change weekly either for the good or bad.
Management expects production that's it.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 30, 2018
I hated this place because you train someone with no experience and no mathematical ability to basically take your job for less money.
No loyalty from the management.
If you violate any company policies your fired.
No matter how much time you have with the company.
Pros
Get paid.lol
Cons
Scrutinized for everything. Won't be appreciated for anything
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 22, 2018
Great company to work for. The position of Team Lead was challenging and rewarding. Benefits are good. Received extensive training in a diverse work environment.
temp job
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 20, 2018
This was just another assignment where the contractor is considered a necessary evil, to pick up the slack left by subpar staffing policies. It comes from the general culture of Ma., and Ct. residents.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
very good company to work for
Plating Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 11, 2018
loved working there for the 11 years i was there. very good wages. they also have profit sharing for employees. they also have employee discounts on guns and accessories.
Pros
very good pay, and benefits
Cons
no paid lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Outdoor Brands Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight