AMERICAN PATRIOT GETAWAYS
Here to help
Coronavirus update

AMERICAN PATRIOT GETAWAYS Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
I have worked for the company for several years and can wholeheartedly say I am proud to be a team member at American Patriot Getaways. The management team here makes sure that you have the tools needed to succeed and are invested in each member of the team. If you are interested in advancing and voice it to the managers and supervisors, they do what they can to help you progress. The culture in the company is to help one another to get the job done and make sure that the guests have a great experience with us. There is a lot of hard work and coordination of moving parts that make that happen, but it is worth it when you see guests come back time after time to stay with our company.

The company also helps support the community, which makes me proud to be a part of it.
Pros
Positive environment, good pay, good benefits, team oriented
I am reaching my third year with this company, and I am honestly so thankful for the staff, management, and overall work place environment. While this job has been my temporary home until I finish my degree, the management has constantly sought to see me achieve my goals and move up in the company. The truth is, this company cares about their employees and wants to see hard working, over achieving staff members be properly compensated for their efforts. If you put in the time and effort, they will see that and strive to push you forward.

While this job can be stressful, the management team strives to set up strategies to ensure that every staff member knows exactly what is expected of them. Stress will come with any guest related job, but at least with this company, you aren't left to struggle alone.

Pros
High pay and room to advance
Cons
Stressful work
Enjoy working with this company. Have been with them multiple years. Have seen company grow and enjoyed being a part of that. Customers can be stressful, but there is a team behind you to help. Have learned how to deal with customers, find solutions, and how to negotiate. Work family is tight, and you have to prove yourself. But they support each other like family and are happy to accept and support those who work hard for the team and show care for their work. Not a good place for short term employment seekers.
Pros
flexible work schedule, always something new
Cons
Stressful at times, snow days are no fun
It's great to work for a company that not only places their employees first but also gives back to their community! If you are looking for long-term, stability and family atmosphere, this is the place to work! If you work hard and grow within the company there is plenty of room for advancement.
****I LOVE THE GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS!*****
Pros
Long-term career. benefits and friendly co-workers
Most defiantly the best company I have worked for. This job has taught me a lot and continues to teach me more everyday. The management team here is amazing and treat you like family. My coworkers are wonderful we all work together as a team to solve problems. They all make coming to work enjoyable.
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits and friendly coworkers
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I have enjoyed my job at APG over the years. My role has changed from time to time but I've always felt challenged and supported in each position. The benefits are very good and many employees that were once just coworkers are now good friends and like family.
Pros
Great benefits, work environment
Honest management, friendly co-workers, a great team atmosphere. Fair pay along with good benefits. A family-focused small business that believes in giving back to the community. Teammates do a good job of recognizing accomplishments as well as pointing out deficiencies. For the most part a laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Fair Pay, Friendly Employees, Good Leadership
This is my 10th year at APG. The company is Christian owned and promotes a family friendly environment, compensates fairly, and awards regular cost of living raises to all employees.
Pros
Busy, casual, and professional, caring work environment.
Does not promote employees who should be. Management shows favoritism. Employees make for a stressful work environment. Constant gossiping makes for a hostile environment. Would never recommend working for this company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
This seems to be a great company from the outside. If they don’t like you from the start you will have a hard time fitting in. Training could use some very serious re-evaluation. Pay is above average for this field. Schedules are very flexible
Apg is a good place to work. I enjoy the cabins and seeing the beautiful views ! Management is very poor due too if we get a new employee we get our cabins taken away from us an giving to the new people. Management is just not fair. I have a family I have to support so I have to be making money!
Great place to work, caring and helpful management, teamwork is always top notch, friendly faces, bonus potential, joverall working here was an awesome experience.
Pros
Discount vacation rentals
Cons
Pay wasn’t enough and no advancement opportunities
Once you got the hang of things the job was great. Cutting up with the other co workers was fun. Working with and helping the guest was very rewarding. The pay was fair and the benefits were excellent. The hardest part of the job was to get a clear answer from management on how to handle issues. There were a lot of Chiefs and not enough Indians. Their personal preferences became more a factor in keeping an employee than what an employees actual abilities were. Management did not train new employees with enough information before they would throw them into a situation. This made employees frustrated and inevitably they would quit. During my employment there, I had seen a total of 15 people hired and fired/quit from there.
Pros
Health Benefits/401K
Cons
I really enjoyed working for American Patriot Getaways because I got to be apart of someone's getaway plans & that something that makes everyone happy. Also got to gain customers for life.
Pros
Free lunches some times, deep discounts on cabins
Cons
pay weren't consistent even though some had been there longer & did more rows within the department
A typical day consist of about 20-30 calls, the employees are great, & the pay is pleasing, now the management is fair but strict. The hardest part is pleasing the owner, as she is very involved with every aspect of the place & she is very opinionated. But the easiest part is a great customer who already knows what they're looking for in cabin.
Pros
coworkers, free food a lot, not bad pay
Cons
expensive healthcare, strict management
I typically sat at a desk and took calls regarding stays in cabins. I learned how to effectively sale over the phone. Ont he whole our supervisors were very kind and friendly. The owner of the company pushed her religion and it became hard to work there.
Pros
People, Schedule, Relatively simple
Cons
Owner
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN PATRIOT GETAWAYS. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2