American Pool Enterprises Inc. Employee Reviews

lifeguard review
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 9, 2019
a typical day as a lifeguard would have to be looking over the pool making sure the pool is up to date. and just sitting for a long hours of time to end doing nothing
bascially
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Poor communication at times, managers will post you for a location but often times it is temporary. As well as, supervisors play the role to get familiar with the location. Which is a good thing, however there are times where the planners do not mention the assistance of the supervisor to come and help.
Pros
Wonderful summer job, 401k plans, wonderful staff
Cons
Battling for hours in the winter, no benefit(s), not keeping track
Great organized pool company
Pool Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 31, 2018
American Pool is a great company for what they need to do. Everyone in the company is knowledgeable about the pool industry and can work with you in order to get things done correctly. The supervisors are well trained to help in most situations, and when there are issues, they are willing to take the rage of the property so that things aren't all going down on you. Great company, hard workers.
Pros
Good pay, easy work, great management
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJOctober 7, 2018
Good environment with fair workers and good pay. No complaints about the job at all. I would've worked here longer if I could have. Just not feasible to be a lifeguard forever.
n/a
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 4, 2018
American pool is a great company and was a pleasure to work for. The shifts are posted online and you can pick when you want to work, for the most part.
Boring Shifts
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 19, 2018
If you are okay with sitting and watching people swim than this job is for you. It requires you to sit on the stand and just watch people swim whenever their is anyone in the pool, otherwise they are pretty relaxed.
Relaxed environment, everchanging with poool assignments
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 17, 2018
The care and safety of patrons at the pools managed by American Pool was my number one priority. I enjoyed the summer work and the responsibility.I also liked working at multiple pool iin the Bucks County area.
Pros
being outside
Cons
Hot
Fun working with kids, Pay and hours were not adequate
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 11, 2018
It was fun to be a lifeguard for 2 summers. Round Top Swim Club was the pool I worked at, and I went there for 10 years. However my mood changed when I first started working there. It was fun working with kids there, but the hours were long, sometimes even having to stay until 1 A.M.
Pros
Breaks every hour, working with kids
Cons
Long hours, pay was not adequate
Not the best management
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 8, 2018
Working for American Pool, I learned a lot. I learned a lot of what not to do and what to do. The company doesn't manage their employees very well and slow to react.
Poor management, underpaid and understaffed
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Bensalem PAAugust 31, 2018
Definitely a first job for a teenager. Pay isn’t that good. So understaffed that they have supervisors covering lifeguard shifts, and each supervisor manages too many pools so they get overwhelmed and don’t tell us everything we need to know. My main supervisor was reporting to 12 different pools which is way too many. I was not able to stay at the same pool or even 2 of the same pools. I bounced around all the time to about 14 different pools so that meant I had about 6 different supervisors to respond to over the course of my whole 2 months with the company. It became really tiring and confusing. They couldn’t even really fire any of the bad guards because they were understaffed. Their certification testing was kind of a joke too, people openly cheated on their written tests. People in this office won’t stop calling you to pick up extra shifts.
Pros
Was certified for free
Cons
Poor management understaffed
It was a fun place to work at full of experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSAugust 17, 2018
This was a great job for me to begin my work experience and I’ve learned great skills such as communicating better with people through the jobs. I think it’d be a great job for anyone just getting into the work force.
Easy and fun jon
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJAugust 12, 2018
Very nice place to work. Nice people, good hours/pay, overall fun and easy job. Must be responsible and hardworking for this job, but it is not hard or draining in any way.
New jersey terrible company
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 3, 2018
The workers at the office act childish for their age. If you can't work a last minute shift " you're useless" and they Give You attitude for not being able to accept it. once they hate you, they stop giving you work. Not to mention they act like they are god themselves. I constantly heard gossip about how much they hated other lifeguards or coworkers. there is so much wrong with this company . DON'T WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
the management need to grow up and everything about it is terrible
easy but important job, great first job for teenagers
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2018
great way to get money!! had an amazing summer just chilling by the pool watching people swim! some of the time people wouldn’t even show up and i did homework or was just on my phone.
Pros
learned basics of any job
Cons
dealing with people complaining or disliking you for following the rules
Beware of American Pools of South Jersey-not a good place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 31, 2018
Terrible company to work for. Management was awful. People in the office wouldn't address your concerns. Made pools unsafe for patrons. Even if you are a teen they won't give you a lunch break even though it's the law. Worked with employees who were harassing. Very understaffed.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Won't give you lunch breaks, bad pay
American Pool was an awesome employer.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 30, 2018
Would still be working for them, if I lived in New York. Being a Lifeguard was extremely easy, my bosses and supervisors were very personable. You work with them, not for them.
Pros
Working
Being an American Pool lifeguard is definitely a teen job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 25, 2018
This job was good and bad, I loved interacting with others such as other lifeguards, patrons, my supervisors and others. But this job wasn’t really helping me build any skill. I would bike 4 miles to work, to sit in the hot sun and get nothing done, to have to bike 4 miles back home. I would have nothing productive done, and I felt as I i was just torrenting away at a pool where no one came to and I was the only lifeguard. I know now to look for a job where I can be productive and I feel like a member of a crew rather than a lonely lifeguard
Pros
Can swim when no one is in the pool, spend all day at a pool
Cons
Gets Lonely, have to pay for lunch, 2 week paydays, lots of heat, the office tends to have attitudes when called, not a positive environment
Best job ever!
AREA SUPERVISOR FORT RUCKER COMMUNITY POOLS (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 4, 2018
With the opportunity to grow and challenge oneself daily and rub shoulders with some of the best in the world of aquatics, this company is A-1. I will stay with them as long as they will have me. I love, love, love American Pool! The people are hard working down to earth individuals. Safety is number one priority with customer service right up there. The best part of the job is satisfaction in knowing you help keep the boat floating. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing technology. Management is there for you when you need them, but they give you the freedom to make choices and decisions. Definitely do not get the feeling of being micro-managed.
Pros
Travel all over the company to cool places.
Cons
Heavy responsibility to train others.
Worst job ever
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2018
This is only a job for highschoolers looking for a first job to get by and make a couple dollar bills. Wouldn’t recommend their management to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Very relaxed place to work
Life Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 9, 2018
Awesome part about working for them is their job board.

If you have NO scedualed days to work? you can actually create a full schedual out of days other people want to have off! which is what i did! i worked strictly holidays and days people wanted off for summer and i ended up working almost every day of the summer!

So if you like variaty, meeting new people, and cleaning pools american pool company is good.

they give a 50 cent pay raise per year up to i think 14$ and you can always become manager. So its really a great place for your first job.
Pros
MAKE YOUR OWN SCHEDULED! very relaxed environment.
Cons
um. you clean pools? mostly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Pool Enterprises Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.