American Pool Enterprises Inc.
66Average

American Pool Enterprises Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA6 reviews
I like being a lifeguard but they don t Take care of us. They don t answear the phone when we are Calling them. But when they finally do they Say ,,we ll let you know
The job was pretty chill, as you would expect. They sometimes call you on your off days to ask if you are available to work but you can always say no and they won't hold that against you.
American pools is a joke. Only benefit is a discount on training classes. That being said they are run by untrained high school students called “managers”. The class is rush and creates poorly trained lifeguards. They rushed my son through his test, and acted like a drill sergeant when it came to the CPR position. I complained to management who were apologetic.
When it came to obtaining a schedule my son is still waiting to start. Ever time he or I call it’s a run around and we are told the manager will call him back. JJ has yet to return a call. They lost paper work in the hiring process and his certification even though it was sent via email. I have never experienced such a poorly and dysfunctional place of “business”. I would never work nor use them as I don’t think they can see the nose in front of there face.
Pros
Discounted training class
Cons
Working for American Pool, I learned a lot. I learned a lot of what not to do and what to do. The company doesn't manage their employees very well and slow to react.
i learned alot on its good i love my job i love wat i do on they r people so good to u...on the most enjoyable on the job is when it summer time thou
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
American Pool is a lifeguard contracting company so I could work anywhere in my county. I had a lot of options for which pools i wanted to work at. On top of being more or less self managed, the company valued my opinion on getting things done.

If i wanted to work 65 hours and make extra money i could.

Management could be difficult at times however. They would understaff certain pools and it would be hard to manage for one person but situations would usually be remedied quickly

having the autonomy to do what i needed to do while not being micromanaged was fantastic.
Pros
breaks, good pay.
Cons
Not having access to chemicals needed.