American Power & Gas Employee Reviews

There is no job security here
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Half the class is cut during training, another 20% willfully quits after moving into the 'training room' where you're forced to read lines and make calls to a heavily saturated market sick of hearing their same sales pitch, ad naseaum. And no, you won't get 12 weeks of training. If you get 4 weeks to repeat their ridiculous pitch, you're lucky. If you happen to make it to the sales floor, don't get comfortable. The reason they'll hire any crackhead off the streets is that their turnover rate is ridiculous. If you can't met their quota the 'Grim Reaper' will tap you on the shoulder and tell you 'HR wants to speak with you'. May as well pack up your belongings and head for the door. This company is like the Hungry Games. Or Survivors, the reality show. If you have job security elsewhere, don't turn it down for AP&G. YOU. WILL. REGRET. IT!!!!!!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Short breaks, can't be two minutes late, no job security
it's an upgrade from a usual cold calling place
Sales Agent/Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLJune 30, 2017
Its outbound calling, cold calling. you have to exhaust every lead in order to keep up with quota. So your either good at bull s**tting people or your not. not a job for people with integrity, you won't last too long. don't make enough sales? will have a target on your back.
office is "shark infested waters"
People are nice unless they feel threatened by you (haters)
scientolgy run scam artists....
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 28, 2017
this is a scientology run company that's scamming people up north into buying cheap power and gas. It's not cheap, they reel u in and then they see the first bill. These people are scientologists that own and run this company. They train their staff how to scam and make hugeeee profits off these poor customers...
This place cuts half of the class the first week
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 28, 2017
If you want to work in a boiler room.....This is a great job, They cut about half of the class the first week so if you have a guaranteed job now don't quit for this you will be disappointed
Great place to learn
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Fast paced environment. Solid benefits. Great environment as far as coworkers everyone is very friendly and cinsiderate Unfortunately due to my move to ohio I was not able to continue working there.
They take great care of their workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Proud of what they do. Professional, courteous, ethical, hard working and supportive. Strongly recommend to anyone considering joining this company.,,
Thriving work culture
sales represtive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2017
A fast paced work environment facilitates a thriving work culture company-wide. The company truly cares for its employees and customers.
Excellent Work Environment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 3, 2017
I have worked for the management of this company for over five years . Management Team whose sole purpose is to ensure the success of each individual employee. great opportunities to make good money and also excellent chances of promotion!
Good work experience
Regulatory dept (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLDecember 21, 2016
The people are very friendly and are helpful when you have questions. Overall, I am enjoying my experience working with the company. highly recommend this as a place to work.
Very fun and safe place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2016
Fun easy work. Management is great and trustworthy people. I like the amount of in-dependency there is at this job. Benefits are great.
Good Place For Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great job if you need money. a lot of opportunity for growth,100% self motivating work environment. Management it great and willing to work with you and help you grow.
Very Realistic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLDecember 8, 2016
Management strived to make working conditions better and rewarding. You'll definitely be able to make a decent amount of money.Not for the lazy thinking at all.
Fun and Refreshing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 5, 2016
The hiring staff is very friendly, though business professional. You'll definitely make a decent amount of money. AP&G was a really good company to work for the treated everyone with dignity and respect and they have great benefits.
Fun Loving People
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLDecember 2, 2016
I have been working on APandG llc more than two year and the company itself is great! I work with a lot of really fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth. I highly recommend this as a place to work.
Positive and Fun Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLNovember 29, 2016
The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive.The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. I work with a lot of really smart and fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth.
Run away......and run fast
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Boiler room One of many in what should be the regulated profession of unregulated energy companies. No real standard positive business acumen in any respect. Sopranos like. Good show, bad company.
Cons
Like any other telemarketing place pay is good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 3, 2016
It's ok. For beginners don't expect to keep the job after two weeks of training they only keep about 10% of the class after they say they will work with you. Tell u to lie to the customers. Tell us to be aggressive but that's what they let me go for. They staff are unprofessional and play favorites. One big scam pay is good though
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Turnover rate
clean/good people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLApril 23, 2016
Most of the people (managment, supervisors etc) are good people. People here have higher work ethic then most places and if you work hard there is definitely a future here with big $$$$. It's a fun, clean, nice environment that I plan to stay in for a long time.
Pros
Free lunches/ bonuses/spiffs
Cons
some reps that come and go are a bit shady
Haven't looked back
VP Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I haven’t looked back since I left my previous job and came to work for American Power & Gas. I have watched the company grow and expand in the three years that I have been here and I am excited for what is to come in the future! If in 3 short years we can go from a 8000sq. ft. facility to a 30,000 sq.ft. facility, where will we be 5 years from now?! After spending time on the sales floor as a sales rep, I was promoted as the trainer, and then became the VP’s assistant. I love what I am doing, it’s nice not to dread Mondays anymore. The week flies by because I am always so busy. It’s a typical Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5PM job, great pay structures, great bonuses, totally worth the 45 minute commute (one way) that I have every day. The environment is fast paced, upbeat, drug free, and we have frequent employee appreciation meals which is great!
Pros
see above
Cons
none to discuss or add
Truly happy to work here
Fix It Assistant Accounts Management (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 3, 2015
I’ve been working uninterruptedly for this company since 2001.
I feel proud to be part of a Company who is a leader in Customer Choice for almost 2 decades.
I experience on a daily basis for myself that this leadership is because of professionalism, knowledge, expertise, detailed research and high quality service in the industry.
The clear objectives, the known policy and the constant training make this company a valuable and safe place to do a responsible job.
The caring management helped me attain my personal and professional goals.
I wouldn’t work anywhere else!
Pros
company leadership and knowledge in our industry - no weekends! Great management