American Power & Gas Employee Reviews

This company is a joke!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLMarch 30, 2018
They constantly hire and fire people for no reason they don't care about you. You are just a number to them. Everybody smokes there and look like they don't even shower, its a very unprofessional environment. They only give you small breaks, not even enough time to run out and buy food.
Good place to work with solid compenstion
High usage utility accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLMarch 12, 2018
I would recommend working there if you can handle a high stress sales type of environment. Compensation is good along with most of the supervisors. The people who work in management are always there to help guide you in the right direction.
Pros
compensation, most management is good
Cons
short lunch, high stress/pressure
Good place
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 13, 2018
High stress but a decent place to work. Potential to make money.Great training. Hardest part was dealing with difficult clients or potential clients....
Wow - Really impressed with this place!
Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I came to AP&G because of the opportunity to learn new things and grow with the company. I am very excited about their expansion plans - they're going global! The staff and executives here have made me feel welcome and at home here since day 1. It's made all the difference in me "settling in" here.

I am just impressed with the vibe here. I needed a change and am SO GLAD I decided to come to AP&G!

All employees receive thorough paid training and I even had the opportunity to shadow people working in all areas of the company. This was such an amazing experience and I have a really solid understanding of the company now.
Pros
Supportive management team, fun work environment, great pay, awesome culture
Cons
Insurance isn't amazing, but not horrible either, hoping the benefits will be upgraded at some point
This company has changed my life
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Working at APG has definitely changed my life! Before I didn’t have a clue about sales or the business world hardly at all. I was just a grease monkey working like a slave for a dollar. Now, I feel like I’m finally in control of where I’m going in my life and I’m so excited that I got the opportunity to work here and learn a new trade. Most of all, I’m happy that I’m finally happy about going to work. APG is the bomb.com!
Incredible place with endless opportunities!!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 8, 2018
I personally came from an outside sales background and had no previous experience in telemarketing. Luckily the company provides paid training that teaches you all about the energy sales industry and enables you to become a successful customer sales rep! The base pay is $13.50 and they just recently tripled their compensation plan not to mention every day there are CA$H spiffs on the sales floor. The vibe at the company is very upbeat and friendly. I would recommend working here to anybody that wants to make a great living and enjoy their workplace at the same time.
Pros
Free lunches, Cash spiffs, Fun work environment
The Best Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I love APG. When I first pulled into the applicant parking spot that said "Best Sales Job Ever" I was like, "Yeah, OK - I'll be the judge of that." I love to admit this is most definitely the best job, not just sales job I've had. And now they're paying me more to do something I already love. Totally awesome. The people here are so helpful, from estates to the owners. Everyone here is awesome. I love my place of employment. Like Eddie Murphy said in the movie Coming to America, "I'm so very happy to be here."
Love the benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked here for about 3 years. There are lots of awesome benefits. The people are generally really nice. The company often pays for lunch from Smokey bones and other resturants in the area. They ofter dental, vision and medical insurance if you're full time. The office is kept very clean and there is a lot of support to help you succeed. If you are on the sales floor it's a bit more competative but the benefits are insane. You get $13.50 an hour plus big commissions. The average pay last week was over a grand on the sales floor. You have to produce but if you can sell you will do really well here. They also give out biweekly vacations, monthly custom italian suits, and just started giving out cars to top producers.
Pros
You can make bank
Cons
Because they are paying hourly if you don't produce, you will eventually get let go.
Productive and Fun place with lots of Free Lunches!
Sales, HR & Finance (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Of course you had to produce products of value to the company. This means Sales! Of course if you cannot produce any sales, then the company is paying you for nothing. They have to cut their losses, as any business would. If you can Sell you have a great job here! They care about their help and are flexible with scheduling as long as you can Sell! They offer Paid holidays and vacation pay. Insurance is offered at a price (the Company pays 1/2).
Great Communication with management also. They have a Staff Meeting every week to let you know whats going on in the Company. Longevity can be attained. Good place to work! I left of my own determinism because in my field there was not any advancement happening.
Pros
When group sales quotas are met, free lunch! Health & Dental Insurance, flexible schedule, paid holidays.
Cons
You must be able to SELL on the phones or you won't keep this job!
Horrible place to work
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 4, 2018
It's going downhill. Management is to hard on it's employees and the way they handle and speak to their employees is not appropriate. Some of the supervisors are good and a few in HR are great, however, there is a big use of drugs there and my supervisor was a bully and a nasty person to work for and when it was mentioned no one did anything to correct it.
Horrible Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 29, 2017
This place is a horrible place to work, they beat the politeness out of you. Also, if you don't make them enough money after only being on the phones for 2 days, they will fire you. I would not recommend this place at all.
Lied about to pay upfront very shady, cult following mentality
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 29, 2017
I knew something was fishy when I went through the hiring process with so much ease that it didn't seem realistic. They didn't seem to be interested in my qualifications experience or anything relevant to the job, ai soon found out why.

After training your pay drops to (what they picked at oulther companies for paying) $8.00 hr. With no overtime opportunity.

Now... you can make enough money in commission (in theory)to make up for the measly hourly pay.....IF you are part of their inner circle. 100% Scientology ran management, basically if you dont sign up for their 1 of many of ways for them to recollect your paychecks you'll find yourself calling dead lead after dead lead and gathering leads for the "special people"

My own conspiracy theory aside, You are calling a saturated market selling a terrible variable rate.

If you are a true salesperson stay away. If you want to make $8an hour sitting on your butt all day, it might be for you... and hey once a year you might get a decent commission check.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Scientology
scum
they took advantage of em (Former Employee) –  clearwater floirdaNovember 28, 2017
they are scum just stay away and don't work for the scum. they are are a big ripoff!

i would never work for this ripporff company

all they want is just take advantage of you
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLOctober 30, 2017
Overall, this is a pretty good company to work for if you like the pressure of trying to get above a 1% sales goal. On average you're making 350+ calls a day with the hopes of getting 5 deals a day. If you don;t get 5 deals a day then they consistently make you train on a script that doesn't work on the sales floor. Rather confusing, but a pretty fair place to work. Certainly a stepping stone type job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
There is no job security here
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Half the class is cut during training, another 20% willfully quits after moving into the 'training room' where you're forced to read lines and make calls to a heavily saturated market sick of hearing their same sales pitch, ad naseaum. And no, you won't get 12 weeks of training. If you get 4 weeks to repeat their ridiculous pitch, you're lucky. If you happen to make it to the sales floor, don't get comfortable. The reason they'll hire any crackhead off the streets is that their turnover rate is ridiculous. If you can't met their quota the 'Grim Reaper' will tap you on the shoulder and tell you 'HR wants to speak with you'. May as well pack up your belongings and head for the door. This company is like the Hungry Games. Or Survivors, the reality show. If you have job security elsewhere, don't turn it down for AP&G. YOU. WILL. REGRET. IT!!!!!!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Short breaks, can't be two minutes late, no job security
Great money, stressful
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working there. Unfortunately not much room for advancement unless you're with the right crowd. Very stressful but rewarding. Wasn't a good fit for me but for others it can be amazing. Definitely brought me out of my shell.
American Power & Gas appreciates their employees
Campaigns I/C (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLAugust 30, 2017
I have worked here for 2 years and I always feel appreciated. The management wants you to succeed. Management and my coworkers are generally very nice. The company culture is fun and upbeat. The company also does lots of charity work which gives you more of a purpose when you work here. The hardest part is that people expect a lot from you in terms of production. The best part of working here are all the benefits and pay.
Pros
Great benefits, lunches often covered
Cons
Tough quotas
No time and no chances
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLAugust 29, 2017
They lie to you during your first week of training. There is no support for you to learn the job if you aren't already a natural like they tell you. Training supervisors spend all of their time either helping those who don't need the help or running in and out of the training room to have conversations with other staff that aren't part of the training room. And no matter how many times they tell you that they aren't like the other call centers the reactions of the customers that you call tell a completely different story. If you don't have any call center experience i do not recommend this job. I don't recommend this job at all really.
Great Company and Great Benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time with the company. Great motivators and sales ides for customer connections and business collaboration. Self improvement and professional knowledge for continuing careers and opportunities.
it's an upgrade from a usual cold calling place
Sales Agent/Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLJune 30, 2017
Its outbound calling, cold calling. you have to exhaust every lead in order to keep up with quota. So your either good at bull s**tting people or your not. not a job for people with integrity, you won't last too long. don't make enough sales? will have a target on your back.
office is "shark infested waters"
People are nice unless they feel threatened by you (haters)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Power & Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

American Power & Gas Reviews by Location