American Professional Ambulance Employee Reviews

Great IFT Company
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 2, 2018
I came to this company 2 months ago from another ambulance company and was a great move. I Can work a mix of days and overnights but left my other company because they wouldn’t work with my schedule and most of us were afraid to talk to the new management for fear of harassment and termination. I was supposed to get paid more per call and that went well for a while but the number of calls available have dropped and it wasn’t consistent anymore. At least at APA, I know what I’m going to make each week. Training is good here, they work with my schedule, overtime is available if you want it. I am getting an extra shift per week. We don’t get held over much and run 3 or 4 calls in a day. The calls we run are good, not much dialysis or transfers. Seems like all calls are going to ER or psych. Most always get our lunches but they don’t deduct for them anyway. We all just got raises too, including myself even though I’m new. I hear they do awards each month. I have referred some of my co-workers from the other company and getting $250 for each person I bring. All of my partners have been great, dispatch is legit, supervisors are cool and management is always there and easy to talk to. Glad I found this place and got hired. Now I’ll be going to medic school now that I have a job with regular hours and consistent income.
Pros
Pay, schedule, people, new ambulances
Cons
Poor payment and poor management
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 24, 2018
For an IFT company I'm sure it's not the worst, but it's pretty terrible just as a company. They trick you with promises of free stuff and paying for certifications, but when the time comes, you end up paying for it. Employees are under payed at minimum wage. Management does not listen to complaints, scheduler is unreliable to contact. Schedules get shifted without talking to employees and dispatch sends a lot of ALS calls.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Flexible Staff
Cons
Terrible Management, Minimum Wage, 5150s and ALS calls
Do not work there
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 29, 2018
Management is very cut throat, promises one thing and does another. Never in professional career have been micro managed and talked down to. Management has unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Cons
dont work there
Over Work
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 8, 2017
Not enough employees and they give too many calls. Physically and Mentally Exhausting. One of the worse parts is they call you on your days off to ask if you can work often
Great company!
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Much opportunity for growth. The supervisors were great, they treated everyone with respect. Everyone in the company was more than willing to help any situation that you may have. Whether you needed the day off or you wanted to pick up more shifts.
its an average emt job
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 10, 2015
its a very flexible company to work for but little chance of raises. You do get your lunches and lately its been getting busy.
learn a lot great mentor
Fleet manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 17, 2014
i had a great experiance learn a lot made my way thru the company from an entry level EMT to EMD,Field supervisor, scheduler, fleet maintenece, to comunicatoins manager learn a lot thanks to the General Manager at the time Wanda Mayfield i was so bless to work under such a wonder person who took the time to show me what is tke to become a good manager
Pros
chance to advance and learn
Cons
very low pay and no benefits
Outstanding Company
EMT Basic : Driver/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 13, 2013
This is a great place to work as an EMT while gaining the experience of helping people.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule and Benefits
good company
EMT (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 10, 2013
good company but overtime is out of the picture. The carson station is the nicest station besides head quarters.
Not Fun when your in the office
EMT-1 (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 3, 2012
The way of doing things is never clear. Supervisors change rules right before your eyes. Hardest part of the job is going back to the office, you'll get written up even if you training officer told you to do something a certain way. Everyones not on the same page. Lots of egos even though most have the same title. Miserable.
Pros
working with the patients out of the office.
Cons
unecessary pressure placed on employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Professional Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

American Professional Ambulance Reviews by Job Title