American Red Cross Employee Reviews

52.4K
41.4K
31K
Found 5,123 reviews matching the search See all 5,513 reviews
Red Cross is a great organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico, FloridaJune 16, 2018
Especially the Red Cross is a great organization, but the Vero Beach locating office does not support the local volunteers and when someone say something they it's hard to work.
Pros
Especially the Red Cross is a great organization
Cons
Vero Beach locating office does not support the local volunteers
Great place to volunteer
Red Cross Logistics (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2018
Great place to work with like minded people who care to help others in need. The pay is non existent except for the 10 percent who are actually employed, the rest are volunteers.
The Red Cross is a well respected company
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 16, 2018
The American Red Cross is well respected and a good company to work for. it is a very rewarding career. I have acquired many favorable skills and enjoy working with the Donors each day.
Great Career
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2018
Great Career, Advancement with the ability to travel around the world. I enjoy meeting new people from different places as I travel to the different Red Cross facilities.
The Red Cross is a good place to volunteer in can meet many different types of people that need help
Mass Care Volunteer ERV driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2018
You can meet all kind of people hat need the help from the Red Cross when people are in need from disasters responsible for interviewing clients, doing casework provide emergency assistance,do damage assessment
Pros
Good for helping people that are in need
Mobil blood drives
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2018
Traveled all over Missouri and Kansas with overnight stays setting up mobile blood drives.
worked with a very diverse group of co-workers and donors.
Pros
People
Cons
Travel and pay
Typical day at work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2018
American Red Cross micro manages everything you do right down to bathroom breaks and constantly checks up on you to make sure you are working at all times.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is wishy washy
Collection and Donor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2018
Redcross is all about getting the products the hospitals and saving lives. Redcross managers doesn’t care about their employees . It’s a lot of communication. Overall it’s a great job to work.
Pros
Good job to work at
Cons
Lack of communication
Volunteer American Red Cross
Volunteer in Texas, United State (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
I was volunteer during the hurricane Harvey in Houston Texas. I was helping victims, with supply of food and with all the situations in specially with the translations English to Spanish, also I helped with the census of victims.
Pros
Soul Enrichment
Cons
It is very fun to be there
Disaster team supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 14, 2018
Its a great place to be. You meet a lot of great people from all over. I respond to all local disaster, and national calls. The Redcross fly's you across the country to where you are needed. I work in shelters as a supervisor, and anything else that's needs to be done.
Pros
Great people
Cons
None to speak of
Collaborative work space
Volunteer/Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016June 14, 2018
Good communication between different areas of focus. Friendly people to work with. They were also very focused and hardworking. The entire experience was great.
It was a fun work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2018
The American Red Cross was an enjoyable workplace it felt like a family, I learned a lot from managements. The hardest part was when I had to leave do due to down sizing after being with the company for 12+ years.
American Red Cross
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2018
challenging work environment. To far from my home. I was a mobile phlebotomist and assignments could be 60 miles away. Coworkers were nice and pleasant. Very busy and challenging meaning patients and coworkers/management. No rewards or bonuses. The volunteers made all our days happy.
Run you ragged
Mobile Collections Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 13, 2018
Drive 3 hours to set up and perform blood drive then break down and come back. While a branch 2 hours away does a blood drive by your branch....huh? I guess wasting tons of gasoline helps with some form of paperwork?
Lots of back talking by people who think thats how to move ahead.
Asking for restroom break gets you ridiculed, yet its ok for smokers to take a break every 90mn
After some health issues i was told i could come back but 2 months later total management overhaul and i was denied the opportunity to return so a managera girlfriend could be hired. When i spoke up on that i was told shes a minority and can do as she pleases
Pros
Free hotel stays, meet lots of nice people
Cons
Training is a joke and the culture is demoralizing
Great Co-workers
COLLECTIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 12, 2018
Traveled and work on blood mobiles. Local or overnights were required. Phlebotomy skills was most enjoyable part of the job while working with donors! The workplace environment was always a joy with the best coworkers!
Pros
Teamplayers
Cons
Out of town working
Fast-paced workplace
Red Cross Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 11, 2018
I was a volunteer for the Red Cross and it was an enjoyable job, which helps when the company has a great mission.Everyone is treated with respect. You get to meet a lot of really great people.
Not a family-friendly place to work.
Team Supervisor of Collections (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2018
Challenging working environment with unstable hours and poor communication. The company is unwilling to modify your schedule for family or individual needs. Advancement and promotion are also very limited, and the pay is not commensurate with the work load required.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Very unstable work hours
Fun Summers with fun people
Lifeguard Certification Completion (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
When you walk into work there is always something to do right as you get in. Talking to people and being great at communication is important too. I learned that people need reassurance when being talked to. the most enjoyable part is the people you work with and how fun they can be. the hardest part of the job is making sure that you do not disappoint the customer and always to to keep them happy.
productive
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 11, 2018
It has been more then ten years I worked there but from my experience it was very nice place of employment. People are very friendly and helpful as well as management.
Great mission
Supply and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 10, 2018
AMERICAN Red Cross was a good place to work. I started working in the Components Lab and I posted to the Quarantine and Labeling Dept. From there I was promoted to Central Supply and Logistics Supervisor where I hoped to retire. My position was eliminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight