American Red Cross Employee Reviews

Found 5,506 reviews matching the search See all 5,795 reviews
I enjoy working with the American Red Cross
Financial Development Special Events (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 23, 2018
I enjoy working with the American Red Cross, but I am a full time Volunteer. I do not have a salary. The work is very rewarding and I meet people all the time from different backgrounds.
stressful environment to work and not family oriented.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 23, 2018
No room to move up within the blood service chapter. Too much politics and favoritism. Low morale due to lack of internal customer service between staffs, supervisors and Team Leads.
Cons
uncultured environment
no room for advancement
Collections Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2018
making sure that ever blood drive receives the proper equipment and supplies to achieve the goals of the mobiles . Inventory blood fix sites supplies and equipment .
Serious business with the mission that they ascribe to
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 22, 2018
An excellent career if you are interested in becoming a CNA. The people really worked well together as they were always dealing with some fatality. Also, the people that trained me did not feel that they were competing with an assistant. The San Bernardino incident happened about three days before I arrived in 2015.
Pros
A great group of people to work with as they deal with different fatalaties.
Cons
Short-term assignment for three weeks.
fun
DAT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016October 21, 2018
Fun working and helping others. Very easy days. There are a multitude of theories that ground their standing on a variety of different factors. For example, social learning theories focus on the process in which individuals learn to commit deviant acts. This branch of theories asserts that people are blank slates and learn to engage in criminal behavior. Simply stated social learning is the idea that individuals learn from interactions with others in a social context; consequently leaning them to develop their own set of behaviors based off the ones they observed.
Loved the work I did
COLLECTIONS DOCUMENT REVIEWER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2018
I was hoping to have a great experience working at the Red Cross. The work of a Collections Document Reviewer is perfect for someone who enjoys knowing what's expected and getting their job done with minimal supervisor interactions needed.

Sadly, while the Red Cross has it's goals set on innovating processes and creating new ways to serve it's consumers, many of the lower level staff do not have the same positive connection to that line of thinking. It is very hard to make changes with so many antiquated viewpoints and the growing unwillingness to work as a team. It is very disappointing to see so many good ideas fall short due to lack of participation.
Pros
Very strict guidelines on work flow make researching solutions to problems easier.
Cons
Not enough support from staff to make necessary changes in a constantly growing business world.
Recovery speciliast
Client Recovery Specialist, National Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TxOctober 21, 2018
Decent company to work for. They needed to train more. They also needed to provide better directives for employees. The communication in DC was aweful to this area. I wish there were more communication and involvement on a greater level. Pay was good, but they were also very disorganized.
Pros
great salary and flexible
Cons
No communication and poor training
I wouldn't go back.
Blood Bank Technologist (Former Employee) –  Park roadOctober 19, 2018
I was there a long time but wasn't treated fairly. I needed time off as my son was born prematurely and they were no very open to this request. I felt like they should understand my problem.
Pros
Red Cross helps many people
Cons
Didn't care much about my son
Great company
Account Manager/Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Enjoyed working with the company, Staff was great working with them and Supervisors were very helpful. I would recommend anyone to work there very caring and enjoyable
fun, relaxed place to work; they provided food on special holidays
clerical trainee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working(training there) I learned a lot of computer things that I didn't previously know. My boss was very nice and understanding. When the job ended, they had a dinner for us and gave us nice gifts and I could tell that they were sorry that we were leaving.
Pros
dinners, gifts, kindness and patience in training
Cons
the uncertainty in knowing that the job(training) would last longer
Job is fast pace. The Red Cross has terrible management!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2018
Terrible management that doesn’t listen to any staff suggestions. It’s not how well you work or your skills it’s all about feeding the management ego that will advance you there. Supervisors get hired by not their skills but by who they know in the company. They allow a lot of drama by allowing trouble maker employees stir up trouble in the work place. The management feeds on negativity not the postive. Very negative environment. They hire non medical people to manage departments that should have people with knowledge of the medical field. They dont value their employees. If you take care of your employees they will take care of your business. They don’t take care of their employees.
Pros
Awesome donors
Cons
Terrible management!
Important Work For Military Families
Social Worker, Japan (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2018
Social Services provided to military members and their families domestic and abroad. Valuable work for valuable people. We did and always will appreciate the dedication and service of the armed forces and the volunteers.
Pros
A chance to serve people in need.
Productive and fun work place with great supportive people.
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 17, 2018
I had an amazing supervisor who was very supportive and kind. They allowed interns to sit in on their meetings and wanted us to get all types of experience, they were great in including us in everything.
Good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2018
The pay sucks I hate that we had to try and get ppl to come in and donate when they didn’t want to or they just did it as a one time and great service
No discipline and accountability
Department of Transportation National Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 17, 2018
I do not agree with the moves that ARC is making. I understand downsizing, however, they are letting productive personal go while keeping the unproductive employees. Directors do not hold their managers accountable and mangers do not hold their employees accountable. This makes the environment hard to work with and makes it almost impossible to do my job without stress.
Being a Dispatcher
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
I come in at 9 am and start my day by helping people in need. Some days it is stressful because you hear the frustration and sadness in people voices when they call about their disaster but just to know that i am the one behind the phone, taken their information and making sure someone is out their helping them makes me feels a lot better to work at the American Red Cross Dispatch Center.
Overall a great place to volunteer your time.
Otolaryngology & Audiology MSA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  APO, AP, 96205, US (South Korea)October 16, 2018
The American Red Cross was a rewarding way to donate my time for two reasons in particular; ARC gave me skills and training to further my career goals and I was able to provide assistance to the armed forces.
Good place to work.
NURSE ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FL 32955October 16, 2018
Nice part time position, Staff was helpful and friendly. always ready to help. We would frequently go out after work for a drink and dinner, The best part of the job was watching students learn quickly.
Pros
See above
Cons
Chapter closed.
All About The Mission
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 16, 2018
The Red Cross has a wonderful mission, but the employees that work for the company need to know that volunteer means exactly that. I don't speak for the entire company but certain locations. Other than that it is a great experience for me going on deployments during disaster times. They are very good at training you to the fullest in whatever area you desire.
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Staff Treatment of Volunteers needs to be addressed
Horrible Hours
Southeastern Michigan Region - Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 15, 2018
The drives don't have set hours. you could be work from 12-8:30 pm then 5am-3pm the next day. the job requires a lot of driving, up to 40 miles each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight