American Retrieval Company Employee Reviews

Ok company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2019
The owner of the company was super awesome. Management team is terrible, there's one that micromanges you but claims they don't. There's literally a manager that isn't even apart of your department and comes and see what youre doing and if they see you just off guard for a second she's on you like a shark. Literally there's favoritism everywhere if they say thet don't its a lie i witness it every day even HR has favourites. Be ready to get other people's work plus yours too. If you like gossip this is gonna be your fav place then. Literally everyone got a paper About not gossiping welcome to High School. I think they really need to focus on retraining some managers maybe then the company would get better reviews. But i doublt they're quick to hide the cons and just try to "patch" it up.
Pros
Monday-Friday, Holidays off
Cons
Managment literally
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time with American Retrieval. There were always new things to learn, and I was busy every day. The position was fine, but not what I went to school for and ultimately not a great fit. They talk a lot about innovation and being client focused.
Pros
Lots of training
Growing Company with room for growth!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 22, 2019
American Retrieval has been my work home for 9 years! I have continued to grow and learn. Creating personal relationships with your clients and always having something new and different to do.
Pros
Fast Pace, Growing company
Casual workplace with great benefits!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 21, 2019
American Retrieval has a relaxed working environment with the expectation that you will work to complete your tasks. They offer great benefits with healthcare, dental and even vision. You are also eligible to start a 401k, with a 4% match, just after 90 days! American Retrieval has grown a lot since I started with the company. We went from one office in Plymouth, MN and have since opened up an office in Houston, TX and Tampa, FL. New positions are being created with the growth and they often hire within for these advancement opportunities. Currently I work from home and this opportunity/option is hoping to expand within the horizon. You should work to live, not live to work and American Retrieval allows for that to happen.
Pros
Benefits, relaxed atmosphere, fun work parties
Cons
Seemingly slow pay scale, sometimes negative employees
Always busy. Never boring.
Account Manager - Record Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2019
Recent changes to a defined advancement plan slower training schedule for new people is great and welcomed. Not overwhelming new people with too much. Helps those of us who’ve been here awhile. Like not having to dress up for office. Fun times like baby showers and pot luck bbqs. Never boring. The day flies by.
Pros
Wear jeans. Fun events.
Cons
Typical office dramas and gossip.
Busy with fun co-workers
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 12, 2019
Every day is busy and there’s not a lot of downtime . I like the responsibility I can take working with clients. Co-workers are helpful when you are new. There are company sponsored lunches and fun events.
Pros
Hour lunches and co-workers
Cons
Always busy
Stay away from this place at all costs!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 26, 2019
This place was SO ridiculous! I dreaded going in every day. I was let go due to idiotic expectations the management had. I was only there for 3 months, and during that time 3 other employees in the same department were let go for the same reason. There was never any kind of 'heads-up' brought to my attention that my outbound call quota was a concern (they only looked at the number of calls, not the quality or cared that almost all of the accounts have the wrong or missing information that is vital; which takes a lot of time to find the correct info., so in effect, that takes time away from being on the phone & making more calls). The company kept insisting it is not a 'Call Center', but it SO is! The managers & supervisors make you feel everything is alright. You will not be given a warning if they are considering letting you go; just- BAM! -You're gone! So watch your back and trust no one, not even those you think are your friends.
Pros
Events & games, some co-workers at the same level as I were great
Cons
Everything else!
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Claims (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 16, 2018
The workload you are given each day is Way too much for the so little compensation you’re making. The training they provide you does no justice whatsoever. SO much to learn and so little time they give you to catch on. Also, this place micro-manages you. You can get paid way more at other companies for the amount of work you’re doing. Management there sucked, they only care about themselves. No room for growth or advancement. You basically get treated like a robot, if you make any type of mistake, management rains down on you. Also u can’t miss No Days within your 90 day probation period. Once your hired on Which is Less likely to happen, As they bring a lot of new employees in to get the company’s workload back on track (they’re always behind on being caught up with a lot of things) then they let you go for no good reason. Trust and believe me when I say there is no work/ life balance at all. Management is really sketchy (claims team) a lot of co workers talk a lot of bs about management & about each other. Literally grown adults 30-50 yrs old ladies. There’s a lot of drama. You think theres good coworkers there when really they aren’t. So much gossip, it’s like highschool. Beware! If u are looking for something temporary this is the place for u. If you’re looking for permanent this is not the place, once u hit your 90 days they’ll let you go & tell u that u can collect unemployment. From HR to management, they’re all peasants. Don’t even waste your time with this medical records company. So many people come and go so quick within this company it’s sad but hey you live and  more... u learn. I suggest You find a job elsewhere that’s positive, way higher compensation, and a work life balance with room for growth and advancement. Cause American retrieval has little to NONE.  less
Pros
Own cubicle, 1 hr or 30 mins lunches Your choice.
Cons
Management, work load, compensation, no room for growth, micro-managed, negative coworkers. No flexibility
Eccentrically run but enjoyable
Correspondence Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Management is friendly and responsive to employee requests regarding policy and technology. The work load seems high on paper but is quite manageable with no consequence for near misses. Must be able to self direct and plan your day. Under performing employees are kept on way too long because replacements are hard to find. Pay and benefits are mediocre but not bad. The payraise schedule could be more aggressive. Advancement opportunities are lacking due to employee retention issues preventing expansion. Office location is accessible I would prefer an office closer to cultured parts of town.
Pros
Office culture is laid back and social
Cons
Work load feels excessive
na
Mass Tort Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 17, 2018
the hardest part of this job is making sure that you complete all submits, which can be anywhere between 15-100+ submits. get all your emails responded to with in 4 hours. answer the phones in between trying to make 70-80+ calls a day on your open cases.
Unprofessional Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 18, 2018
Ownership and Management have volatile personalities and there are frequent flare ups. They are forgetful and often lose direction. Focus and priority changes from one day to the next seemingly without reason. The workload is very difficult to get through unless you "Take shortcuts" which are encouraged and expected. Quality is not a consideration, production targets must be achieved no matter what.
Pros
If you like to use swear words, you'll be in good company.
Cons
It's very stressful and chaotic.
Wished I never started.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 11, 2018
Bottom line is management has unrealistic timelines/goals for work loads they require of their employees. Very few succeed at this. You can have great quality of work and have a good connection with your clients but if you are not completing your dashboard work each day they knock you for it. People are so cold there and they have managers in training that they are molding to lie to their employees and make them feel everything is alright. You will not be given a warning if they are considering letting you go. So watch your back and trust no one, not even those you think are your friends.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Everything about the place
Horrible place work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2018
Bad management and heartless coworkers. The management set me up for failure and then terminated me. Obviously has his favorite picks for advancement or promotions. Very racist environment.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Everything else
Healthy work environment with managers that push you to succeed
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 13, 2017
I've really had only positive experiences during the few years I've been at American Retrieval. Yea, you're going to be working hard, but upper management is supportive and you're well compensated. I've grown as a businesswoman here, and rising up within the company is doable. Lots of fun team bonding stuff too like getting a company suite at a Twins game in the summer, team potlucks, office contests etc. all in all happiest I've been at a job in a while.
Pros
Good support system, good work life balance
Cons
No unlimited pto
Worst place ever
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 5, 2017
Worst place ever should be closed down they are very slow with Medical records the staff is ghetto !!!! The manger Is such a rude mangers they have fights here it's just very uncomfortable to work !! I reached out to the mangers ! and HR because a staff was bullying me and they did NOTHING !!!! I would not recommend working here at all !
Not a good place to work
Auto Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 31, 2017
Very unhappy with the poor management skills and unrealistic workloads that they expected their employees to complete. Little to no career advancement and poor pay as well.
A lot of good with the bad
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 20, 2017
I worked at this company for a fair amount of time. The concept of the job position is wonderful. The contacts you make are invaluable and the knowledge you gain is unforgettable. But the management has a nack for telling you what they know you want to hear and then not following through on it. There is a large turnover rate at this company. Because HR doesn't take the time with the right applicants, because of management's false promises, and just the demanding field it is. They know hey have problem employees and keep them until it's a boil popping but don't value and promote the employees who exceed their expectations for almost 2 years. They are semi great for being flexible if you need to change your schedule and finally no longer charge you PTO for the craziest schedule changes. This is a very demanding job and you need to be able to work well under pressure.
Pros
Benefits are better than they used to be, super flexible, great pay
Cons
Poor management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441December 12, 2016
Coworkers are great. Upper management is great as well. I lot of fund activities including potlucks, holiday games, etc.

This company taught me a lot on how to lead and multi task.
Busy answring phones and obtaining documents for auto accidents
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 7, 2016
American Retrieval is a great company to work for. I like the fact that I am always busy and we work with American Family Insurance in obtaining documents for auto claims accidents. I am just looking for a part-time night and weekend retail job for extra money.
Pros
Its a nice place to work with 1 hour lunches
Cons
There is always something to do there is never a break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Retrieval Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7