American Senior Communities Employee Reviews

Got to have patience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INMarch 28, 2018
If you want this kind of job, make sure you have patience and you really care about the residents. Makes you feel good when your helping others. It takes a caring person to do this kind of job. There's dramam but that's anywhere you work.
Don't waste your time
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2018
This company makes a lot of promises to incoming residents and their families. But they are short staffed nearly every shift and the families are disillusioned quickly. Management will not help when short staffed, but will make sure to tell you what didn't get done while you were doing the work of 2/3 nurses.
good place to work
Northpark Nursing Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 21, 2018
There were too many changes in adm. No chance for advancement. Most co-workers were great. Why do I have to rate every company. I worked hard. CEO changed a few times.
good place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 21, 2018
Aster Place is a good place to work. Management is nice, fair and well informed. If I was able to get the hours needed at this facility i would not leave.
Bad management, micro managing
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 30, 2018
No supportive team members, feels like your chasing your tail, too many people that have their hands in Admissions and referrals at one time, people become numbered, Work a lot of hours to never receive a bonus.
Pros
A lot of free food they bribe you to work with food
Cons
On call 24/7/365
Management poor
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2018
Love most resident, enjoyed interacting with them. Some staff were kind. Hardest part of job was rude staff members and unprofessional management team.
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2018
Needs to recognize their employees for the hard work they do by saying thank you or giving gifts or so you all they want is Work Work you get no thank you at all
Couldn’t ask for a better company to work for
Speech Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow (Current Employee) –  Vevay, INJanuary 8, 2018
I would highly recommend ASC to others. The work environment, staff, and residents are wonderful! You really get to know the residents on a personal basis and I don’t think you could ask for more!
Pros
Travel time and mileage between buildings
Cons
No minimum guaranteed hours
Cut-throat Business
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Very disorganized company, poor management and bullying allowed amongst staff. Lack of patient care focus, resulting in rehospitalizations frequently.
Stressful work place where management doesn’t care!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INDecember 17, 2017
Management is horrible they don’t know how to talk to you. They have their favorite staff members who they cater too. The rules don’t go for everyone just certain people. If you’re not in the click you don’t have a chance!!!
Pros
Some good staff members & residents
Cons
Management!!!
caring place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2017
Healthcare is hard, you are taking care of others lives, but it is rewarding, the grass is not greener on the other side. All companies struggle with staffing but ASC cares about the employees that work for them. That is hard to find.
Fair place to work at
LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2017
Overall fair work environment and management don't need to be a skilled nurse to work here, can work at other facilities with relative ease, have access to education
family like setting.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 24, 2017
Its a great place to wrk i enjoy the employees and also the benefits. its one of the best places iv worked at since iv became a CNA. great place to work for brand new aids as well. someone is always coming up with new ideas on how to make the are work day better as well as the residents we care for. Nice dinning room experience. we also include the family members in the activities . iv been an employee for fours years and iv learned and grained so much experience while working in this filed due meeting new people almost everyday iv seen so many different personalities im a peoples person and i love meeting new people. its a wonderful place to work i also train new comers and i like to teach them what i have learned being a CNA for ten years . It can be challenging at sometimes but that at any job i like what i do so i make the best of it everyday trying to do my best great company to work for if you looking for great pay benefits and a family type environment this company is for you. They also have other program to move you forward if you are looking for a stable career in the nursing filed that what i like the most usually theirs no where to go unless you went back to a major college here we have different programs for you.We take care of each other looking out for one a other many of us have been there since the doors opened so we'v known each other for years and not just in the work settings but out too. we care about each other like brother and sisters mothers and fathers its a community really we help each other its a team working together to better the care of others  more... is the number one goals and it shows and are work taking care of others just like one day someone will take care of me i put my feet and other shoes because we get to leave at the end of the night we are guest in their home so we must behave as if we are guest.  less
Pros
free lunches and also we have are own store for the employees
Cons
its times hen things are time consuming
Franklin Meadows
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 7, 2017
Management poor and childish, very 'clicky' environment. Staff appreciation is above other facilities, you do receive 'team bucks' for completing inservices and other achievements that you can exchange for items but that also played into if you were 'liked' by management. I would not recommend this building, not so much the company as a whole, but this particular facility.
Productive & fun work place & coworkers.
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INNovember 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working with ASC. I didn't intended to leave, but I couldn't find a place to transfer, too. I would definitely work there again if I got the chance.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 1, 2017
Probably the best LTC facility to work for. Great pay, good management, good staff, excellent care.....................................................
Poor company to work for!
Therapy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 25, 2017
Poor management and unethical. The company only cares about making money. Horrible company! Best part was great co workers and the patients. I would pass on this company.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unethical, poor management.
Lack of appropriate orientation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 23, 2017
Staff is placed on the floor with insufficient orientation. Depending on the facility turnover can be quite high. Coorporate is aware however attempts to mitigate the issue are lackluster.
Very great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, INOctober 5, 2017
Overall I would highly recommend this long term facility over any other facility in the area. Great team work from all staff, management and administrators.
Fun and stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
Employees are amazing and very caring,
Top notch memory care unit.
Management has a very high turn around rate with no time to learn or train.
HR is better at home office rather then per building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight