American Senior Communities

ascnursecnasfacilitynursingcnastaffmeadow

positive work environment

Featured review

American Senior Communities selected this as a representative review
American Senior Communities embrace all cultures and creates a family and work life balance. Has a positive atmosphere and everybody work as a team to reach the goal.

March 8, 2021
We are thrilled that you are happy in your role. It’s always great hearing from our team members. Thank you for the excellent review and we appreciate all you do!

Great Concept

The ideals of support and “we are one” is a fantasy and unfortunately doesn’t exist. With the industry changes coming fast in long term care, this company is not aware or capable to give the support employees need to stay with them. There is no support from home office or open door policy. Threatened to be fired if home office was contacted. Very hostile atmosphere and this coming from the regional management team.

Pros

Cons

Churn and burn and the company doesn’t care

December 5, 2022
We take concerns seriously. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Please contact our Hotline at 1-888-788-2502 so we may learn more and discuss this with you. You may also communicate with us online at www.ASCHotline.com. Thank you!

American Senior Communities insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Caring and compassionate senior care.

ASC is a great company to work for. They truly care about the residents and their families. A great physical therapy department. Balanced meals, in house laundry and housekeeping. Friendly and compassionate nurses and cna's who go over and beyond with the care they give. Overtime is fairly easy to get. Management try to work with you if you have an emergency occur at home. They also have F.M.L A.

Pros

In house laundry, well balanced meals

Cons

Sometimes ate short staffed and then they have mandatory overtime.

November 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We value your feedback and appreciate all you do to serve our customers and your teammates!

Not worth to waste your life and health there.

Better look for other place where they won’t guilt trip you.Unsafe work environment. Staff shortages on daily bases. Management doesn’t care and will down stuff when there’s appropriate number of CNAs (hardly ever it is but if it happens it doesn’t last long).

November 28, 2022

ASC Therapies-Avoid Working Here

If you are an OT/PT/ST avoid working for this company at all costs. I worked for ASC Therapies for about 6 years. The pseudo-leaders of ASC Therapies have destroyed the once positive culture of ASC Therapy. They are more concerned about themselves than patient care and their employees. If you choose to work here, be prepared to work for the worst therapy company in the state, think bottom of the barrel leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job were the residents.

Pros

Plentiful PPE, multiple faciltiies across the state

Cons

Senior Therapy Leadership, Poor Support from Resource Center, Negative and Toxic Culture, Does Not Care About Employees

November 22, 2022

Better be friends with the scheduler

Management is a joke, they don't care if your understaffed or not. Nurses literally do everything here. Pass trays, man the front door, all while trying to do their own job and possibly the CNAs job as well. You better stay on good terms with the scheduler or you will be punished by bad assignments, less staff, and requests for days off not being approved. Of course you can't really prove that you are being put "in time out" either.

November 18, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?The residents What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The administratorWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful every day What is a typical day like for you at the company?Making the residents happy

November 18, 2022

Not what I hoped

I started working here but quickly learned how understaffed and neglectful everyone here is. I felt bad for the residents but it is hard to care for people when you yourself do not feel supported by those around you.

The big issue is the management.

I worked in he dietary part of this facility and the one that did the scheduling and promotions promoted me cook but made me work dish pit which cut my hours down to 12 a week, they did this because they were hiring more people for the role I was supposed to be trained to do and the one I was already great at. It felt like they just wanted me to leave.

November 14, 2022

Horrible workplace

Absolute waste of working here, Horrible pay, poor treatment of staff, no help from management when needed most. Very stressful environment. There is a lot they can improve but choose not to.

November 7, 2022

the people here are very nice and fireindly and are willing to help when you need it, I never had any issues with that. The policies changed a lot due to covid which had to be communicated to all visitors, that would be the only challenging thing.

November 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We value your feedback!

Standard CNA Job

I would say that American Senior Communities has been an alright place to work. CNA:Resident ratios maybe a bit better than other places, but at the end of the day it is just a typical CNA job.

November 4, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Your voice matters and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

It's a job

Ok I guess..wish pay was better and need more hours..needs to pay weekly..the ED. Is worried a about going over on budget will cut into his bonus..so employees and residents suffer when they snt have everything they need to complete job

November 4, 2022
We value your feedback. We are always striving to improve and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Pays well and flexible schedules

I've worked at Edgewater Woods for 7 years. The pay is top of the line for long-term care. The scheduler is willing to be flexible with hours. The work load is moderately heavy but doable. Definitely a fast pace work environment. Turn over isn't bad. Nurse to resident ratio is 1: 29+ with 1 - 2 aides. Come ready to work but expect decent pay.

October 14, 2022

Very toxic work environment

The billing office has been consistently 2 to 3 billers short for the last year or so and can't keep them hired.Because of this trend, the billers that do stay are continually overloaded with that extra work without the extra compensation or overtime hours or pay. For a company that advertises Health in their workplaces, they really should check on those hanging on the lower rungs.

October 14, 2022

Meh

Management doesn’t care about anything. Always sweeping things under the rug anything from behavioral issues to employee issues. Facility has gone down hill the last couple years. Pay is unfair.

October 3, 2022

Management is BEYOND toxic….

Apparently it’s policy at Clark Rehab and Skilled Nursing for the EDS is to call other ASC facilities and encourage the CEC not to hire employees that are eligible for rehire. Just stay away….. your loved ones deserve better than bad management and temp nurses who are giving the wrong meds…

Average SNF

Benefits and pay are average for the area. Corporate sets unnecessary changes fairly often (change from iPads to tablets, changing documentation expectations, new doc systems that are not truly compatible with tablets, etc). 85% productivity is achievable, but burn out is high. Rare promotions, does not in any way keep up with inflation. There’s a reason they have trouble keeping therapists.

Great co workers

Enjoyed my employment. Very nice goof co workers supportive management. Staffing was not the best but that's just about everywhere you go anymore I don't have anything else to add

September 22, 2022

Difficult job with little to no reward

This is sthe kind of job you do strictly because you love the elderly. This company does not value it's employees and you will never feel appreciated by the company. The only appreciation you will get will come from the patients you care for because they are grateful for hard workers who genuinely care for them. You will work hard and very rarely be fully staffed. I was beat down at the end of every day and never had any energy to spare. I wouldn't say it was the worst job I ever had but it would be pretty close. I did only work in one of tier buildings so I like to think others were better, but I personally would not work for this company again without strict stipulations being placed into my contract.

September 12, 2022

Too many "titles" not enough help. When you throw out sign on bonuses for new hires and do absolutely nothing to the faithful employees that shows a lot. Our nurses takes management jobs then forget how to be a nurse. Management likes to micro manage cnas. They like to add on extra work without the extra pay. Inflation is up and we need pay raises we are below the cost of living! Our rent is getting increased, food is more expensive, everything is more expensive and we cant live with no pay!

Pros

It's a job

Cons

No breaks. No help

August 29, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight