American Senior Communities Management reviews

American Senior Communties
Community Nurse Liaison/Nurse Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2018
I was fortunate enough to have been recruited and hired by American Senior Communities (ASC) several years ago. ASC is driven to provide quality care for seniors and those in need of physical rehabilitation throughout the entire state of Indiana and northern Kentucky. I currently work directly with Case Managers and physicians at several local hospitals in the northern Indiana area. Through my daily interactions, I have had the opportunity to build strong relationships with community members, local hospital staff and the staff at ASC's extended care facilities. A normal day includes visiting local hospitals and assessing those in need of rehabilitation and/or long-term care. The work environment is fast paced and requires a great deal of clinical knowledge, organization, communication and time management skills. The work culture at ASC has afforded me a great deal of autonomy, and I feel entrusted to work without the need for close supervision. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is the struggle to place patients in the proper facilities and ensure that all parties come together for the good of the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on a daily basis with hospital staff, in addition to the patients and their families, in order to bring them all together to provide quality care. At the end of the day, I have found my time spent working with these groups of people to be quite fulfilling and very rewarding.
Pros
Being able to work independently and building relationships
Cons
Often work long days and being on call essentially 24/7
Good Company
Receptionist/Asst. Business Mgr. (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoy the residents in our community. The management does not communicate to those of us below them and the training for my job was minimal and I felt thrown to the wolves!!

The culture here among employees is one of low productivity from what I have witnessed due to the lack of communication from Management.
The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out just what is expected from you!!!

The most enjoyable part of the job is working for and with the residents.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Short Lunches, Lack of Communication
Look elsewhere
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New castleSeptember 18, 2018
Lack of support from management. Understaffed forced to work over constantly. Great place to work if you want unlimited OT. High stress, and limited staff. Sometimes have 80+ residents with 2 Nurses and 2 aides and it's the LTC resident's.
Not recommended
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2018
New leadership. No transparency. Lack of communication. Lack of defined job tasks. Political environment. Inexperienced people in leadership roles. Too many changes without considering consequences. VERY poor work/life balance. No respect. Does not promote within.
Doesnt care about staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2018
Doesn't care about staff don't care if we work short don't offer bonus to pick up shifts I just thank they need to do more for the employees they have left
Pros
No will get in trouble if eat there food
Cons
Yed
General Manager Independent Living & Garden Homes (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2018
During the period of time at ASC, was during the time when James Burkhart and Dan Benson were the CEO and COO.
It all makes sense now, how intense and stressed the meetings with them were.
Tred litely
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville IndianaJune 29, 2018
I have family member there. And all the company cares about is her money and taking her home. By no means don't send a family member there much less work there. Shame on them for taking advantage of the elderly. God doesn't like greed..i would tred litely if I were them..Karma My friends, Karma.
great oppotunities
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
friendly and great staff and management, great place for advance opportunities, great paid vacation and time off. Flexible schedules and days. Overall great opportunity.
Poor Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 31, 2018
Poor management overall. What you see and how you are greeted walking through front doors is not even close to what is going on in each unit.

If you like a contact high work at Trailpoint facility. Random drug testing should be mandatory daily activity. Depending on who you park next to it will be rolling out vehicle windows. There is no shame at this facility.

Always understaffed, very few employees who still have a heart and decency to provide quality healthcare.
Cons
Understaffed
stressful work, low pay, uncaring management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadow lakes Mooresville, INApril 27, 2018
as a CNA I am in charge of making sure the residents on my hall are woken up, fed, bathed, taken to the bathroom, backsides are wiped, bedding and clothes are clean, safe, healthy, and so much more. not to mention some of our more chalinging residents will bite scratch and otherwise abuse you. all that responsibility and i am paid 10 dollars an hour. meanwhile the weekend shift just lets our residents sit in the own filth and excrement all weekend long. and when i bring this up to management i am told to just do my best. i think this is disgusting and unacceptable. would not recommend working here much less spending money to send your loved ones to live here. management is very disorganized and uncaring, unless your a friend of the right person.
Management Lacking
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 24, 2018
The residents are wonderful and the nursing staff is great to work with, the only issue I have found is with management. The management is very unprofessional and makes the work atmosphere very stressful. It’s rare that I have a day that I’m not worried about going into work that morning. They lack good communication with their nurses which makes our job difficult, especially when it comes to communication with families/residents and our staff members. It’s frustrating to say the least.
Pros
Residents, compensation
Cons
Management styles, unprofessionalism
Don't waste your time
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2018
This company makes a lot of promises to incoming residents and their families. But they are short staffed nearly every shift and the families are disillusioned quickly. Management will not help when short staffed, but will make sure to tell you what didn't get done while you were doing the work of 2/3 nurses.
good place to work
Northpark Nursing Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 21, 2018
There were too many changes in adm. No chance for advancement. Most co-workers were great. Why do I have to rate every company. I worked hard. CEO changed a few times.
good place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 21, 2018
Aster Place is a good place to work. Management is nice, fair and well informed. If I was able to get the hours needed at this facility i would not leave.
Fast paced enviornment
Rehabilitation Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INFebruary 6, 2018
Enjoyed the group of therapists I worked with, but management could have been better. There was a turn over with management and they needed to provide better training.
Pros
Friendly therapists to work with
Cons
Bad management, paid time off, etc.
Management poor
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2018
Love most resident, enjoyed interacting with them. Some staff were kind. Hardest part of job was rude staff members and unprofessional management team.
Cut-throat Business
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Very disorganized company, poor management and bullying allowed amongst staff. Lack of patient care focus, resulting in rehospitalizations frequently.
Stressful work place where management doesn’t care!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INDecember 17, 2017
Management is horrible they don’t know how to talk to you. They have their favorite staff members who they cater too. The rules don’t go for everyone just certain people. If you’re not in the click you don’t have a chance!!!
Pros
Some good staff members & residents
Cons
Management!!!
Fair place to work at
LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2017
Overall fair work environment and management don't need to be a skilled nurse to work here, can work at other facilities with relative ease, have access to education
Franklin Meadows
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 7, 2017
Management poor and childish, very 'clicky' environment. Staff appreciation is above other facilities, you do receive 'team bucks' for completing inservices and other achievements that you can exchange for items but that also played into if you were 'liked' by management. I would not recommend this building, not so much the company as a whole, but this particular facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight