American Senior Communities Management reviews

Doesnt care about staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2018
Doesn't care about staff don't care if we work short don't offer bonus to pick up shifts I just thank they need to do more for the employees they have left
Pros
No will get in trouble if eat there food
Cons
Yed
General Manager Independent Living & Garden Homes (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2018
During the period of time at ASC, was during the time when James Burkhart and Dan Benson were the CEO and COO.
It all makes sense now, how intense and stressed the meetings with them were.
Tred litely
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville IndianaJune 29, 2018
I have family member there. And all the company cares about is her money and taking her home. By no means don't send a family member there much less work there. Shame on them for taking advantage of the elderly. God doesn't like greed..i would tred litely if I were them..Karma My friends, Karma.
great oppotunities
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
friendly and great staff and management, great place for advance opportunities, great paid vacation and time off. Flexible schedules and days. Overall great opportunity.
Poor Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 31, 2018
Poor management overall. What you see and how you are greeted walking through front doors is not even close to what is going on in each unit.

If you like a contact high work at Trailpoint facility. Random drug testing should be mandatory daily activity. Depending on who you park next to it will be rolling out vehicle windows. There is no shame at this facility.

Always understaffed, very few employees who still have a heart and decency to provide quality healthcare.
Cons
Understaffed
stressful work, low pay, uncaring management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadow lakes Mooresville, INApril 27, 2018
as a CNA I am in charge of making sure the residents on my hall are woken up, fed, bathed, taken to the bathroom, backsides are wiped, bedding and clothes are clean, safe, healthy, and so much more. not to mention some of our more chalinging residents will bite scratch and otherwise abuse you. all that responsibility and i am paid 10 dollars an hour. meanwhile the weekend shift just lets our residents sit in the own filth and excrement all weekend long. and when i bring this up to management i am told to just do my best. i think this is disgusting and unacceptable. would not recommend working here much less spending money to send your loved ones to live here. management is very disorganized and uncaring, unless your a friend of the right person.
Management Lacking
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 24, 2018
The residents are wonderful and the nursing staff is great to work with, the only issue I have found is with management. The management is very unprofessional and makes the work atmosphere very stressful. It’s rare that I have a day that I’m not worried about going into work that morning. They lack good communication with their nurses which makes our job difficult, especially when it comes to communication with families/residents and our staff members. It’s frustrating to say the least.
Pros
Residents, compensation
Cons
Management styles, unprofessionalism
Don't waste your time
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2018
This company makes a lot of promises to incoming residents and their families. But they are short staffed nearly every shift and the families are disillusioned quickly. Management will not help when short staffed, but will make sure to tell you what didn't get done while you were doing the work of 2/3 nurses.
good place to work
Northpark Nursing Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 21, 2018
There were too many changes in adm. No chance for advancement. Most co-workers were great. Why do I have to rate every company. I worked hard. CEO changed a few times.
good place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 21, 2018
Aster Place is a good place to work. Management is nice, fair and well informed. If I was able to get the hours needed at this facility i would not leave.
Fast paced enviornment
Rehabilitation Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INFebruary 6, 2018
Enjoyed the group of therapists I worked with, but management could have been better. There was a turn over with management and they needed to provide better training.
Pros
Friendly therapists to work with
Cons
Bad management, paid time off, etc.
Management poor
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2018
Love most resident, enjoyed interacting with them. Some staff were kind. Hardest part of job was rude staff members and unprofessional management team.
Cut-throat Business
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Very disorganized company, poor management and bullying allowed amongst staff. Lack of patient care focus, resulting in rehospitalizations frequently.
Stressful work place where management doesn’t care!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INDecember 17, 2017
Management is horrible they don’t know how to talk to you. They have their favorite staff members who they cater too. The rules don’t go for everyone just certain people. If you’re not in the click you don’t have a chance!!!
Pros
Some good staff members & residents
Cons
Management!!!
Fair place to work at
LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2017
Overall fair work environment and management don't need to be a skilled nurse to work here, can work at other facilities with relative ease, have access to education
Franklin Meadows
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 7, 2017
Management poor and childish, very 'clicky' environment. Staff appreciation is above other facilities, you do receive 'team bucks' for completing inservices and other achievements that you can exchange for items but that also played into if you were 'liked' by management. I would not recommend this building, not so much the company as a whole, but this particular facility.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 1, 2017
Probably the best LTC facility to work for. Great pay, good management, good staff, excellent care.....................................................
Poor company to work for!
Therapy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 25, 2017
Poor management and unethical. The company only cares about making money. Horrible company! Best part was great co workers and the patients. I would pass on this company.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unethical, poor management.
Lack of appropriate orientation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 23, 2017
Staff is placed on the floor with insufficient orientation. Depending on the facility turnover can be quite high. Coorporate is aware however attempts to mitigate the issue are lackluster.
Very great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, INOctober 5, 2017
Overall I would highly recommend this long term facility over any other facility in the area. Great team work from all staff, management and administrators.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight