American Senior Communities Management reviews

Horrible place to work!! 4 ED’s in 6 months
Manager (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INMarch 16, 2019
Horrible service and a bunch of meetings, but no action!! Upper management does not have your back!! CNA classes are a joke and only help others! Low pay
Pros
Cons
Everything about it!! You can do your best and they will still find a way to fire you!!
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INMarch 13, 2019
I was over worked and under appreciated. Always made to feel like I would be reprimanded if I had a problem about anything. And any complaints about coworkers were never addressed.
Qualified Medication Aide/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2019
Good healthy work environment. Great teamwork from co workers and management. I enjoy my job and is proud of the company that I work for. The pay could be better. I do feel that the nursing staff here is underpaid. Other than that this facility is one of the best facilities that I've worked at.
Do not work here
PTA (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 14, 2019
ASC used to be a great place to work before ASC Therapies took over. So many changes were implemented at a fast rate. Ipads are now used (less face to face interaction with patients), corporate does not care if they treat you like robots, they took away assistants roles (no progress notes, no home assessments, no discharge summaries- all scope of practice was removed allowing for poor communication between therapists), morale is down, points are given for calling off work even in emergency situations, and they have no problem firing therapists for no good reason. Therapists are treated as replaceable objects. DO NOT WORK HERE if you want to have a positive life and plan to have any job advancement. If you're lucky, you'll get a 10 cent raise. Keep searching but do not choose ASC Therapies.
Pros
Nice therapists
Cons
No breaks and poor management- see review
Horrible pay!!!!
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJanuary 30, 2019
The facility in clarksville Indiana pays housekeeping and laundry aid horribly low hourly pay. At the most 9.50 an hour to bust your butt and back. Ridiculous!! Nobody can survive off that pay!!
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Horrible pay
Poor management from the top d
Management (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 19, 2018
I was employed with ASC and ASC Therapies for approximately 4 years. During the first 2 years I could not have asked for a better employer. The company genuinely seemed to care about the residents in addition to providing an employee centric environment. However the company eventually changed management and thus changed the entire companies corporate environment. Now the predominant driving force for the company is REVENUE. How much can be milked from the federal and state reimbursement providers at the expense of the residents and staff. From a regional level down no one has any job satisfaction nor is anyone invested in the betterment of the company. This is a recipe destined for failure. Of course that has been the plan from the start. Build an independent, comprehensive rehabilitation company and sell it off to the highest bidder. If you NEED a job it’s a place of employment. If you are interested in professional growth and opportunities for advancement then please look elsewhere.
Pros
N/a
Cons
The job is great but the place is terrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INDecember 16, 2018
The manager of housekeeping was amazing but the man who ran the whole place was completely sketchy. The residents weren't taken care of correctly by CNA's unless they were favorited. CNA's made us clean up after them which they shouldn't have ever done. I was made to do CNA work by the CNA's when I was not qualified to do any of it. I honestly would not recommend this place to you unless you can put up with a lot of stuff. There's a lot of drama and bullying from older women in other departments.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
It's a sketchy business and place in general
American Senior Communties
Community Nurse Liaison/Nurse Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2018
I was fortunate enough to have been recruited and hired by American Senior Communities (ASC) several years ago. ASC is driven to provide quality care for seniors and those in need of physical rehabilitation throughout the entire state of Indiana and northern Kentucky. I currently work directly with Case Managers and physicians at several local hospitals in the northern Indiana area. Through my daily interactions, I have had the opportunity to build strong relationships with community members, local hospital staff and the staff at ASC's extended care facilities. A normal day includes visiting local hospitals and assessing those in need of rehabilitation and/or long-term care. The work environment is fast paced and requires a great deal of clinical knowledge, organization, communication and time management skills. The work culture at ASC has afforded me a great deal of autonomy, and I feel entrusted to work without the need for close supervision. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is the struggle to place patients in the proper facilities and ensure that all parties come together for the good of the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on a daily basis with hospital staff, in addition to the patients and their families, in order to bring them all together to provide quality care. At the end of the day, I have found my time spent working with these groups of people to be quite fulfilling and very rewarding.
Pros
Being able to work independently and building relationships
Cons
Often work long days and being on call essentially 24/7
Good Company
Receptionist/Asst. Business Mgr. (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoy the residents in our community. The management does not communicate to those of us below them and the training for my job was minimal and I felt thrown to the wolves!!

The culture here among employees is one of low productivity from what I have witnessed due to the lack of communication from Management.
The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out just what is expected from you!!!

The most enjoyable part of the job is working for and with the residents.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Short Lunches, Lack of Communication
Look elsewhere
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New castleSeptember 18, 2018
Lack of support from management. Understaffed forced to work over constantly. Great place to work if you want unlimited OT. High stress, and limited staff. Sometimes have 80+ residents with 2 Nurses and 2 aides and it's the LTC resident's.
Not recommended
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2018
New leadership. No transparency. Lack of communication. Lack of defined job tasks. Political environment. Inexperienced people in leadership roles. Too many changes without considering consequences. VERY poor work/life balance. No respect. Does not promote within.
Management problems
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 6, 2018
Management does not listen, pushes their work and responsibilities onto others. Talks over their staff about patient care and does NOT listen to floor nurses about patient care. Fosters unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Coworkers I trust
Doesnt care about staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2018
Doesn't care about staff don't care if we work short don't offer bonus to pick up shifts I just thank they need to do more for the employees they have left
Pros
No will get in trouble if eat there food
Cons
Yed
General Manager Independent Living & Garden Homes (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2018
During the period of time at ASC, was during the time when James Burkhart and Dan Benson were the CEO and COO.
It all makes sense now, how intense and stressed the meetings with them were.
Tred litely
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville IndianaJune 29, 2018
I have family member there. And all the company cares about is her money and taking her home. By no means don't send a family member there much less work there. Shame on them for taking advantage of the elderly. God doesn't like greed..i would tred litely if I were them..Karma My friends, Karma.
great oppotunities
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
friendly and great staff and management, great place for advance opportunities, great paid vacation and time off. Flexible schedules and days. Overall great opportunity.
Poor Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 31, 2018
Poor management overall. What you see and how you are greeted walking through front doors is not even close to what is going on in each unit.

If you like a contact high work at Trailpoint facility. Random drug testing should be mandatory daily activity. Depending on who you park next to it will be rolling out vehicle windows. There is no shame at this facility.

Always understaffed, very few employees who still have a heart and decency to provide quality healthcare.
Cons
Understaffed
stressful work, low pay, uncaring management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadow lakes Mooresville, INApril 27, 2018
as a CNA I am in charge of making sure the residents on my hall are woken up, fed, bathed, taken to the bathroom, backsides are wiped, bedding and clothes are clean, safe, healthy, and so much more. not to mention some of our more chalinging residents will bite scratch and otherwise abuse you. all that responsibility and i am paid 10 dollars an hour. meanwhile the weekend shift just lets our residents sit in the own filth and excrement all weekend long. and when i bring this up to management i am told to just do my best. i think this is disgusting and unacceptable. would not recommend working here much less spending money to send your loved ones to live here. management is very disorganized and uncaring, unless your a friend of the right person.
Management Lacking
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 24, 2018
The residents are wonderful and the nursing staff is great to work with, the only issue I have found is with management. The management is very unprofessional and makes the work atmosphere very stressful. It’s rare that I have a day that I’m not worried about going into work that morning. They lack good communication with their nurses which makes our job difficult, especially when it comes to communication with families/residents and our staff members. It’s frustrating to say the least.
Pros
Residents, compensation
Cons
Management styles, unprofessionalism
Don't waste your time
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2018
This company makes a lot of promises to incoming residents and their families. But they are short staffed nearly every shift and the families are disillusioned quickly. Management will not help when short staffed, but will make sure to tell you what didn't get done while you were doing the work of 2/3 nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight