American Signature Inc Employee Reviews

A klusterfuk
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Laporte IndianaJune 14, 2019
Breaks are nice 2 paid 15 mins and one unpaid 40 mins in 8 hours shifts but always going home early cuz of lack of work. very little overtime but may not even see it because you will work 10 hour shift early in the week just to go home early late in the week.
Pros
3 breaks in 8 hours and 1 more for 10 hours
Cons
Always going home early
Great place to work, should have stayed there.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAJune 5, 2019
Great place to work, should have stayed there. Always learning, family togetherness that is hard to find in a work place. A great place for new supervision to learn about how to and how not to treat their employees.
Very good Distribution Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2018
Close knit, diverse culture in the Distribution network. Cohesive Team seeking opportunities to collaborate on areas of opportunities for growth and development.
A good company to work for
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INNovember 23, 2018
The company promotes from within, and always is looking for talented team members that could be trained into future roles within the company. The work environment is very focused on day to day goals, and the work hours vary a lot through out the year. Some weeks you will only get 32 hours and others you will get 48 hours. It is based on sales and in the end you should plan for an average of 38 hours for a standard week. Management should add 10 hours to whatever the production team is working to cover their additional responsibilities.
Pros
Great break room with pool, basketball, direct TV, convenience store, discounts, benefits are good too
Cons
Schedule can be hard to plan for
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at ASI was stressful. It was hard work with low pay. The management team was horrible. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet production.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
Pay, work.
Only for the money
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 21, 2018
I made six figures but lost the quality time with friends and family. Most of the top sales consultants I knew in the company were divorced or single and worked weekends. The company is solid but the only people that are paid what they are worth are the sales consultants everyone else is underpaid. They have cut compensation for everyone routinely since I have been there.
Pros
Pay for consultants is still good.
Cons
Bad work life balance, cut commissions and benefits mulitiple times over the past ten years.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Manager Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 20, 2018
very customer driven - great sales and customer service. Main focus is customer satisfaction. Great benefits - Great advancement opportunities and good training
Great company
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
American signature is a great company to grow with. Working at Value City Furniture was fun and challenging. I also enjoyed the people I worked with and management was great too.
Safe and productive work enivornment
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VA 22546September 11, 2018
A typical day of work is at least 8 hours with two 15-minutes paid breaks and a 30-minutes unpaid lunch break. Dress comfortably according to the weather. During the summer it is hot & during the winter it is cold, but you will work up a sweat. The management team is very helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
Overtime, Lunch-Ins & Awards
Cons
Low wages, Poor Healthcare and Benefits
Pay isn’t worth the job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 18, 2018
Working 2nd shift you wil not make 40 per week..the heavy lifting takes a toll on your body and you will get no help. You have a time limit to clear a truckload of furniture that ways sometimes over 200lbs and will rarely get help. The low pay is not worth breaking your back for this company. Better off working for capstones.
Pros
Lunchroom
Cons
Everything plus the wage
Lot of heavy lifting for little pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 12, 2018
Standard workday consists of pushing/pulling furniture ranging from 8 pounds to 340 pounds. Corporate and management truly don't care about your well being. It is about the bottom dollar for them. They have a system measuring your every second of the day and will arbitrarily change the numbers to make you push even harder. As a material handler, look forward to waking up with your body hurting every day. Everything is loaded/unloaded by hand. If you are not in any type of shape good luck lasting through the probationary period.
Cons
Strain on the body, Bad corporate culture
Fast paced and always challenging. ASI Inc was a great place to work for because of the charities they supported.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2018
An amazing workplace with internal leadership that was extremely supportive. A typical day at ASI Inc. started an hour or two before the shift started so we could converse with first shift and understand where we stood for startup. After that, run a yard listing report detailing all product that was currently in the yard. Based on the report, make a educated decision on what product needed to be received that day for customers orders, detention purposes, buyer information, samples that need to be received. After developing a curriculum for the first 3-4 hours, hold a pre-shift meeting with the team members outlining what the goal was for the evening and how we could get to it. This is important, always keeping an ear open for any ideas or recommendations that maybe I didn't think of. The first thing I learned was when I was on the floor and that's teamwork. It's not an easy job so you needed to be there for your co-workers as they needed to be there for you. One of the best parts of the job, I developed life long friends from there because of that. As I progressed into my career I learned more interpersonal skills, time management and how to be a complete leader. The management was always supportive and insightful when I needed a question answered. The workplace culture was one of a family, the company has been family owned from the beginning and continues to be. It was something that trickled down from the director to the GM to the managers to the supervisors and to our team members. The hardest part of the job was when we were really busy with a high yard list and little room  more... in the warehouse, finding somewhere to stage all inbound product. We had to get creative. The most enjoyable part of the job is without doubt the interaction I had with my employees. It was fun to talk to them, not always about work and what needed to be accomplished but, about personal things that affected them outside of work. Honestly, it made me feel good that they had the confidence to confide in me and seek advice. I guess the most enjoyable part of my job is.........people.  less
Pros
Annual supporter of Race for the Cure, Really great people to work with, Supportive management that would do anything for it's employees, Great benifits.
Cons
Would have to work 70+ hours a week without compensation.
A very competetive place
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 26, 2018
Once you walk in and clock in at 6am be ready to perform your morning stretches, listen to the briefing and then move lots of heavy furniture. This is no job for the weak and there is no space for a slow pace.
Pros
Set work schedule (shift work)
Cons
Extemely physical
Nice place to work very laid back
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 26, 2017
comfortable to work not very stressful easy job learn something new everyday a typical day would be taking orders over the phone of via the internet good workplace culture
Dont do it..
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 14, 2017
Handling furniture by yourself. You'll see many injuries on the job. They try to fire you after your restrictions are up. Waste of time. This job is a Painful and make you age faster.
Cons
You'll be lucky to work 30 hours winter time.
Call Center
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2017
The Call Center at American Signature Inc has gone through a frequent change of management within the years that I have been employed with the company. I feel that management within the Call Center can do a better job of listening to the representatives & supervisors.But overall, American Signature Inc's Call Center is a decent place to work.
Pros
Cafeteria on sight
Cons
Not enough incentives
hectic
Office Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 5, 2017
its a lot of work for little pay , ... short staffed ,,,, I almost never got my standard lunch or breaks. .I would only recommend this for temp or short term
All around great company
Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2017
American signature is a great family owned company to work for. They have an open door policy and theirs very fair to all workers. In this company there is a lot of room for advansment as the company grows larger daily.
Big spacious workplace
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INAugust 11, 2017
American Signature is a nice business to work for. Unfortunately, the system they have in place now for the workers is ridiculous. It feels as if ur constantly under a microscope being watched for everything u do. Timed for bathroom breaks and all. Can get really stressful for newcomers
Pros
Basketball court out back for breaks also u can leave on them.
Cons
Their work system now
Unfair work environment
Value City Furniture (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OHAugust 4, 2017
Management is very power hungry creating an unfair work environment, a lot of favoritism. Wages are very unfair, schedules are unfair, everything about Value city sucks
Pros
30% discount