American Signature Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Pay isn’t worth the job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 18, 2018
Working 2nd shift you wil not make 40 per week..the heavy lifting takes a toll on your body and you will get no help. You have a time limit to clear a truckload of furniture that ways sometimes over 200lbs and will rarely get help. The low pay is not worth breaking your back for this company. Better off working for capstones.
Pros
Lunchroom
Cons
Everything plus the wage
Lot of heavy lifting for little pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 12, 2018
Standard workday consists of pushing/pulling furniture ranging from 8 pounds to 340 pounds. Corporate and management truly don't care about your well being. It is about the bottom dollar for them. They have a system measuring your every second of the day and will arbitrarily change the numbers to make you push even harder. As a material handler, look forward to waking up with your body hurting every day. Everything is loaded/unloaded by hand. If you are not in any type of shape good luck lasting through the probationary period.
Cons
Strain on the body, Bad corporate culture
Fast paced and always challenging. ASI Inc was a great place to work for because of the charities they supported.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2018
An amazing workplace with internal leadership that was extremely supportive. A typical day at ASI Inc. started an hour or two before the shift started so we could converse with first shift and understand where we stood for startup. After that, run a yard listing report detailing all product that was currently in the yard. Based on the report, make a educated decision on what product needed to be received that day for customers orders, detention purposes, buyer information, samples that need to be received. After developing a curriculum for the first 3-4 hours, hold a pre-shift meeting with the team members outlining what the goal was for the evening and how we could get to it. This is important, always keeping an ear open for any ideas or recommendations that maybe I didn't think of. The first thing I learned was when I was on the floor and that's teamwork. It's not an easy job so you needed to be there for your co-workers as they needed to be there for you. One of the best parts of the job, I developed life long friends from there because of that. As I progressed into my career I learned more interpersonal skills, time management and how to be a complete leader. The management was always supportive and insightful when I needed a question answered. The workplace culture was one of a family, the company has been family owned from the beginning and continues to be. It was something that trickled down from the director to the GM to the managers to the supervisors and to our team members. The hardest part of the job was when we were really busy with a high yard list and little room  more... in the warehouse, finding somewhere to stage all inbound product. We had to get creative. The most enjoyable part of the job is without doubt the interaction I had with my employees. It was fun to talk to them, not always about work and what needed to be accomplished but, about personal things that affected them outside of work. Honestly, it made me feel good that they had the confidence to confide in me and seek advice. I guess the most enjoyable part of my job is.........people.  less
Pros
Annual supporter of Race for the Cure, Really great people to work with, Supportive management that would do anything for it's employees, Great benifits.
Cons
Would have to work 70+ hours a week without compensation.
Nice place to work very laid back
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 26, 2017
comfortable to work not very stressful easy job learn something new everyday a typical day would be taking orders over the phone of via the internet good workplace culture
Dont do it..
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 14, 2017
Handling furniture by yourself. You'll see many injuries on the job. They try to fire you after your restrictions are up. Waste of time. This job is a Painful and make you age faster.
Cons
You'll be lucky to work 30 hours winter time.
Call Center
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2017
The Call Center at American Signature Inc has gone through a frequent change of management within the years that I have been employed with the company. I feel that management within the Call Center can do a better job of listening to the representatives & supervisors.But overall, American Signature Inc's Call Center is a decent place to work.
Pros
Cafeteria on sight
Cons
Not enough incentives
hectic
Office Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 5, 2017
its a lot of work for little pay , ... short staffed ,,,, I almost never got my standard lunch or breaks. .I would only recommend this for temp or short term
All around great company
Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2017
American signature is a great family owned company to work for. They have an open door policy and theirs very fair to all workers. In this company there is a lot of room for advansment as the company grows larger daily.
Big spacious workplace
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INAugust 11, 2017
American Signature is a nice business to work for. Unfortunately, the system they have in place now for the workers is ridiculous. It feels as if ur constantly under a microscope being watched for everything u do. Timed for bathroom breaks and all. Can get really stressful for newcomers
Pros
Basketball court out back for breaks also u can leave on them.
Cons
Their work system now
Unfair work environment
Value City Furniture (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OHAugust 4, 2017
Management is very power hungry creating an unfair work environment, a lot of favoritism. Wages are very unfair, schedules are unfair, everything about Value city sucks
Pros
30% discount
Home Furnishings Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 7, 2017
The management is personable. The company is a good place to grow. It is no too difficult to meet monthly quotas. Managers are available to help when needed.
Good
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 26, 2017
unfortunetly after working for american signature after 5 years operations shut down. Very good culture . I learned a lot while working there.
Going Places
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 28, 2016
This call center opened in 2013, so they are still fairly new. They are working on making it a great place to work. Lots of benefits for employee's and you are well taken care of. Great employee discounts, free soda/tea and gym. On site cafe for lunches.

Very close knit group of about 40-50 agents in 2016. They will only get bigger as time passes.

Mostly complaints but agents are empowered to handle every situation. Also handles order placement and delivery inquires.
no comment
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 15, 2016
poor management, low product quality, full commission must work and be on your feet for several 11+ hour days per week, must hit your sales goals monthly or you will be let go quickly, the point is to go to work and work your entire shift dont take breaks etc management tends to play favorites with certain long time employees
Pros
decent pay, 3 days off per week
Cons
poor management, pay cuts, low product quality
productive
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GADecember 1, 2015
clock-in and unload the big truck into up to 4 different stations and then individually work on each station and stock and clean and prepare for next day.
Employee focused enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 21, 2015
American Signature is a great place to work. Management is friendly, supportive and wants to see employees succeed. They invest in employees and provide advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits and perks. Advancement opportunities
Cons
Seasonal peaks and valleys
Seat of your pants operation, run by nepatisim and cronyism. The company has changed directions so many times..your head will spin
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2015
The culture is nonexistent, its the bottom dollar above all else, employees can work there 35 plus years and still be tossed out like a piece of trash! Caution!
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working for J.P Morgan Chase, from the benefits to the work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Too far from home
productive fun workplace
Team Leader/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
go to work pull orders i manage a team of co workers. we pull orders using a rf scanner and operating on a stock picker also using a forklift
Good place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 18, 2014
Looking for something new.
Need something new.